Page 81 of 127 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yes, they covered Blue Monday, originally by New Order, and (in the opinion of many, including me) vastly improved upon the original. .
    Oh... well, I guess I disagree there.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Oh... well, I guess I disagree there.
    Add me into that equation too!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Blue Monday?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Korn is the best band
    #alternativefacts

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    They are back!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    They are back!

Okay, this song isn't very good. It's on the line between mediocre and flat out shit. That said, it's really no worse than a lot of rock bands that have been around since 2000 or so. Video is kinda cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looking to buy tix on Monday!!! With all the hate I hope I can get good seats,lol.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The comments on that Nickelback song are hilarious. Youtube never seizes to amaze me .

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I love how they unintentionally coined the "Shittiest Band Ever" title, even though many people that classify them as that can admit there are far worse bands out there. So friggin' funny.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I love how they unintentionally coined the "Shittiest Band Ever" title, even though many people that classify them as that can admit there are far worse bands out there. So friggin' funny.
    Probably because they have been so successful. It seems so undeserved.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Ugh, why? Bumblefoot is actually a damn good guitarist and shouldn't align himself w/ a no-talent moron in Scott Stapp.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    So, I heard the Grammy's were last night...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Grammys are lame. Maynard was right about them. It's a stupid award show about an industry celebrating itself.

While we're on topic of shitty music. Why the fuck is that no-talent ass-clown Michael Bolton getting a fucking resurgence from fucking NetFlix? I don't get it. Why is there a need to bring him back in the spotlight when he can't sing for shit and butchers everything from opera, soul, classical, pop, and metal?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Grammys are lame. Maynard was right about them. It's a stupid award show about an industry celebrating itself.

While we're on topic of shitty music. Why the fuck is that no-talent ass-clown Michael Bolton getting a fucking resurgence from fucking NetFlix? I don't get it. Why is there a need to bring him back in the spotlight when he can't sing for shit and butchers everything from opera, soul, classical, pop, and metal?
    because he's funny and has a sense of humor about himself.

case in point:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm not going to watch that. I still have horrors of his horrific cameo in Snow Dogs where he tries to convince Cuba Gooding Jr. that anyone can have soul including him while the soundtrack features a lot of his awful music.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Grammies always sucked ass but I will never forgive them for what happened to NIN and QOTSA.

Bowie won 5 awards at this Grammy Awards for Black Star. I love the album but it's far from his greatest work. It's pathetic it won. He had to die and get recognition from his last work to even be nominated/win. That's extreme. Not that it matters whatsoever but it just irks me. It's horseshit.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Grammies always sucked ass but I will never forgive them for what happened to NIN and QOTSA.

Bowie won 5 awards at this Grammy Awards for Black Star. I love the album but it's far from his greatest work. It's pathetic it won. He had to die and get recognition from his last work to even be nominated/win. That's extreme. Not that it matters whatsoever but it just irks me. It's horseshit.
    There were fans that were more upset by the fact that the Chainsmokers were the presenters and accepted the award on his behalf. Who are those no-talent fuck-heads? I have never heard of them.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    There were fans that were more upset by the fact that the Chainsmokers were the presenters and accepted the award on his behalf. Who are those no-talent fuck-heads? I have never heard of them.
    Apparently kids love them. Also, they make terrible music, just like all the other bullshit kids are listening to now. They showed up with that "lemmie take a selfie" song. Kids seem to generally appreciate music in an ironic way these days... it's got to be a joke (or Disney princess music) for them to get it. Oh well... enough of me being a curmudgeon.

Anyway, this was the Grammys attempting to save face for failing to honor Bowie during his life... while simultaneously trying to make a really really big deal about Adele. At the same time, it's not "bullshit" that he won. That's the best album I heard from last year, and that's the first time I can say that about something the Grammys honored. Sure, their reasons are suspect, but it's a good thing. They got it right and made the right decision, despite having a gun to their heads.

I just realized, I believe I am eligible to vote in the Grammys? Why do I not do this?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

That's what happens when someone dies. I doubt John Lennon/Yoko Ono would have won album of the year for Double Fantasy had he been alive.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    That's what happens when someone dies. I doubt John Lennon/Yoko Ono would have won album of the year for Double Fantasy had he been alive.
    Wait, that was a really good album.

edit: Particularly considering the competition in 1982. "Gaucho" was one of Steely Dan's most accessible (and probably least interesting) album. Steely Dan DID win for "Best Engineered Recording," OF COURSE.

The NOMINATIONS are of course ridiculous. The Police were PRETTY MUCH TOTALLY IGNORED that year, despite having released the epic "Ghost in the Machine." They finally won Album of the Year with "Synchronicity" in 1984.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-15-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Wait, that was a really good album.

edit: Particularly considering the competition in 1982. "Gaucho" was one of Steely Dan's most accessible (and probably least interesting) album. Steely Dan DID win for "Best Engineered Recording," OF COURSE.

The NOMINATIONS are of course ridiculous. The Police were PRETTY MUCH TOTALLY IGNORED that year, despite having released the epic "Ghost in the Machine." They finally won Album of the Year with "Synchronicity" in 1984.
    It is a good album. Sort of wish Lennon had just used his own songs.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    It is a good album. Sort of wish Lennon had just used his own songs.
    I really like some of the Yoko songs on that album. I can sing some of them, knowing all the words. We saw Yoko live at Pitchfork and the love she got was amazing, people understood Yoko's avant-garde artistry. Sure, there were a few negative people but they were far overshadowed by fans.

I actually like this song:

Last edited by allegro; 02-15-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    To be fair, it seems like David's impending death had a somewhat of an influence on the album

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    ...but I like The Chainsmokers

:: pulls collar::

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Beyonce is shit..
    Adele is shit.....
    Yoko Ono was always shit...Jackson Pollock is an artist...Yoko Ono is not....she has no talent, never had any talent...she alone...is responsible for destroying the Beatles..

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    is responsible for destroying the Beatles..
    The Beatles destroyed themselves.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Beyonce is shit..
    Adele is shit.....
    Yoko Ono was always shit...Jackson Pollock is an artist...Yoko Ono is not....she has no talent, never had any talent...she alone...is responsible for destroying the Beatles..
    It's interesting that you used Jackson Pollock (a very divisive artist) as an example of how Yoko Ono (a divisive artist) has no talent. I've seen just as many people, if not more argue that Jackson Pollock is a talent-less fraud.
    Last edited by zecho; 03-03-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    It's interesting that you used Jackson Pollock (a very divisive artist) as an example of how Yoko Ono (a divisive artist). I've seen just as many people, if not more argue that Jackson Pollock is a talent-less fraud.
    I think Jackson Pollock is the greatest painter of the 20th century....i find his work mesmerizing. So intense..its magnetic...his paintings sell for like 100 million dollars...i was under the impression he was regarded the greatest painter of the 20th century..

i know he is polarising. But ive always been sucked in to his paintings...i get why people dont like him...but i think he was amazing
    Last edited by Exocet; 02-16-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    i was under the impression he was regarded the greatest painter of the 20th century.
    Um ... no.

That totally discounts Salvador Dali, Piet Mondrian, Wassily Kandinsky, Henri Matisse, Pablo Picasso, Paul Klee, Marcel Duchamp, Marc Chagall, Amedeo Modigliani, René Magritte, Joan Miró, Ivan Albright, Georgia O'Keefe, Frida Kahlo, etc.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-16-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Yeah you also think Brexit and Theresa May are cool.
    *eyeroll*