Page 57 of 131 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I like Adele though I don't really care for that song. Everything else in that list is just horrible. What is wrong with kids today? Oh, and fuck Taylor Swift and her bullshit copyright.
    That's her overpaid overzealous lawyers doing that shit. Intellectual Property law is the highest-paid law.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Plus it doesn't seem like she's copyrighting those sentences at large, it's just a way to block clothing companies and such from using her songs to sell branded rags... Since those companies couldn't give a flying fuck about copyright rights usually (ask any illustrator/designer who has an online portfolio), it gives her leverage to retaliate in case American Apparel decides to ride on Swift's fame to sell Tshirts without a contract and her approval.
    It's not made with the intent to lock down on mere sentences, it's a market move to legally cockblock greedy douchebags. It's douchy, but coherent with a douchy ecosystem.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Because these phrases are so damn catchy everyone's gonna want to wear them.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Because you're so part of the demographic to judge. We're talking 10 to 15 yo teens here, we're talking glittery shirts, removable tats and branded diaries, fans that age will wear anything if it resonates with them, hell they'll even carve it on their desk. Have you seen the shit people wear ?
    It really doesn't matter how profound the statement is as long as the right person said it. You can put a Gandhi or a MLK quote on a shirt and watch as you barely sell a dozen, or you can slap a line from a Taylor Swift song and struggle to meet demand...
    Last edited by Khrz; 01-30-2015 at 05:15 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    "Don't Stop Believing" is an awesome pop song (obviously the Journey version...)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    "Don't Stop Believing" is an awesome pop song (obviously the Journey version...)
    i'd say it's a catchy song, but it's definitely not "awesome". i hate that song so much.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'd say it's a catchy song, but it's definitely not "awesome". i hate that song so much.
    I make it a point to yell "I hate this fucking song!" every time I hear it. It's awkward at times but fulfilling.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    I make it a point to yell "I hate this fucking song!" every time I hear it. It's awkward at times but fulfilling.
    I would do the same thing as well. I really don't like a lot of songs by Journey. I think Steve Perry is a fucking chode.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I don't recommend it, but if you were to ever get a job working in a karaoke bar, you would not feel this way.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't recommend it, but if you were to ever get a job working in a karaoke bar, you would not feel this way.
    lol, i see your point and i'm glad i've never worked in one...

I understand the hate, but what can i say? i do like it... i guess my opinion would be better in the "Musical sins" thread...
    BTW of all the other songs posted i don't care about any other except the Journey track and i hate Gotye, also that Goo Goo Dolls track is awful....

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    lol, i see your point and i'm glad i've never worked in one...

I understand the hate, but what can i say? i do like it...
    to further shit on that song, nobody was ever born and raised in South Detroit since it doesn't exist.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I never understood the Don't Stop Believing hype train. Is it supposed to be an uplifting, feel good track for positivity?

It just reeks of 80's arena rock cheese. I certainly think it sucks big time. Carry On My Wayward Son is another song I can't stand that's similar to Don't Stop Believing. However that's Kansas and not Journey.

Either way: yuck.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I never understood the Don't Stop Believing hype train. Is it supposed to be an uplifting, feel good track for positivity?

It just reeks of 80's arena rock cheese. I certainly think it sucks big time. Carry On My Wayward Son is another song I can't stand that's similar to Don't Stop Believing. However that's Kansas and not Journey.

Every drunk bro and his even drunker girlfriend's karaoke theme song. Puke.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Has anyone seen Riff Raff lately? He is pumping iron to stay off drugs. Reznor style. Gained abour 50lbs. I also heard he is being trained by Hulk Hogan and possibly looking into trying out for WWE, which would be such an insane thing for someone to do granted that they weren't Riff Raff. Weird.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    yuck. it's like seeing the buffed up carrot top -- i'm supposed to be attracted to this, but it's giving me vertigo.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    That's gross. I didn't like him before and I certainly don't like him now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Has anyone seen Riff Raff lately? He is pumping iron to stay off drugs. Reznor style. Gained abour 50lbs. I also heard he is being trained by Hulk Hogan and possibly looking into trying out for WWE, which would be such an insane thing for someone to do granted that they weren't Riff Raff. Weird.

I thought he'd joined Asking Alexandria.
    EDIT: For those who don't know what I'm on about, this is what happens when you combine a mediocre rapper with a mediocre metalcore band.
    Last edited by UnjollyIrishman; 02-03-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Oh God, fucking Mumford are back headlining Reading festival. I thought they'd disbanded?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-10019230.html

I really hope reason wins and they flop followed by everyone who bought tickets for ed sheeran at wembley stadium suddenly realising he's shit and leaving him playing his guitar and pedals all by himself. Alas I know this will not happen (there has to be a backlash soon though)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Oh God, fucking Mumford are back headlining Reading festival. I thought they'd disbanded?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-10019230.html

I really hope reason wins and they flop followed by everyone who bought tickets for ed sheeran at wembley stadium suddenly realising he's shit and leaving him playing his guitar and pedals all by himself. Alas I know this will not happen (there has to be a backlash soon though)
    They're headlining Reading? What is this world coming to? Oh, I heard Ed Sheeran offered Noel Gallagher a free ticket. What a fucking wanker.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    They're headlining Reading? What is this world coming to? Oh, I heard Ed Sheeran offered Noel Gallagher a free ticket. What a fucking wanker.
    I'd have more understanding of people's love for sheeran if he looked like James Blunt, but he looks like somebody dropped a cannon ball on his head from a great height and squashed it sideways. I listened to that 'thinking out loud' song a few times with that cheesy video and can't actually remember the song even after about five times, i guess it sticks if its on the radio constantly?I've honestly come to the conclusion that he writes music for people who don't like music very much, or music is a backdrop to the day, not a focus of intent.

Actually maybe it's the continuation of the 'talent show' obsession with finding some boy/ girl next door, people want pop / rock stars to be like some dweeb who works at Tescos, everything has to be fake-humble, Noel Gallagher is right, there are no stars anymore or people with charisma (well there are exceptions like GaGa), just people who will do what they're told
    Last edited by WorzelG; 02-04-2015 at 03:19 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Fucking Journey, man.

What I don't understand is how only one song from any given band reaches that status. A group will record dozens of songs, most of which are infinitely better than their big radio hit, and yet that one goddamn song is the only one anyone will ever want to fucking hear. You hear it every time you go anywhere that has a jukebox or karaoke or a DJ or anything like that. Hundreds of bands with little to no self respect or integrity (or who are just really desperate for work and literally don't give a shit) play them. Some drunk broad or bro will demand they play a song, and the band obliges them and plays it. Then, as soon as it's over, they'll demand another one, which the band obediently plays. This will happen at least four more times, and when the band goes to take a break, the Master of the Setlist (as I call the drunk requesters starting right now) will then go to the jukebox and play every single song he or she just requested. This will happen for every set.

Other bands will get the same demands at nearly every show, but won't actually play them. But the Master of the Setlist will still drop a $20 in the jukebox and play the same goddamn songs every... single... fucking... time. If I had a nickel for every time someone demanded Freebird, Don't Stop Believin', Shot Through The Heart, Nothin' But A Good Time, Stairway To Heaven, Mustang Sally, Smoke On The Water and dozens of 90s Alternative and Hip Hop songs, I could probably buy a house with enough cash left over for a new car, too.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I may or may not have written about this before, I can't remember...

I'm Yours by Jason Mraz never fails to put me in a shitty mood. I can't stand that goddamn song. It's literally the only song that I've ever hated so much that if I'm out somewhere and it comes on, I will leave and stand outside for five minutes until I'm sure it's over and then go back inside. The only issue is that I can't leave when I have to play it with my band. Whenever my guitar player starts that song, I feel an extreme urge to shove his guitar up his ass sideways. But everyone else seems to love it (I have no idea why), so I recognize the need to play it if we're losing their attention during a show or if he just feels like playing it because he likes it so much... doesn't mean I have to like it, though.
    I love playing drums and performing, so no matter what else is going on in my life, I'm always happy when I'm playing a gig and I have a big smile on my face for most of the show except for when I'm playing that fucking song. I've seen people pointing at me and commenting on how pissed off I look when we do it. I know it's unprofessional, but I can't help it. I just hate that goddamn song so very much. I would rather shit my pants onstage and have to sit in it until the end of the set if it meant I would never have to play that goddamn song again... either that or be forced to play a Taylor Swift song. They pretty much add up to the same thing.

Fun Fact: I never actually call the song by its proper name when talking about it; I refer to it as I'm Fucking Yours by Goddamn Jason Fucking Mraz.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    I may or may not have written about this before, I can't remember...

I'm Yours by Jason Mraz never fails to put me in a shitty mood. I can't stand that goddamn song. It's literally the only song that I've ever hated so much that if I'm out somewhere and it comes on, I will leave and stand outside for five minutes until I'm sure it's over and then go back inside. The only issue is that I can't leave when I have to play it with my band. Whenever my guitar player starts that song, I feel an extreme urge to shove his guitar up his ass sideways. But everyone else seems to love it (I have no idea why), so I recognize the need to play it if we're losing their attention during a show or if he just feels like playing it because he likes it so much... doesn't mean I have to like it, though.
    I love playing drums and performing, so no matter what else is going on in my life, I'm always happy when I'm playing a gig and I have a big smile on my face for most of the show except for when I'm playing that fucking song. I've seen people pointing at me and commenting on how pissed off I look when we do it. I know it's unprofessional, but I can't help it. I just hate that goddamn song so very much. I would rather shit my pants onstage and have to sit in it until the end of the set if it meant I would never have to play that goddamn song again... either that or be forced to play a Taylor Swift song. They pretty much add up to the same thing.

Fun Fact: I never actually call the song by its proper name when talking about it; I refer to it as I'm Fucking Yours by Goddamn Jason Fucking Mraz.
    I've never heard of him but you got me curious so I looked him up on wiki and it seems there's a genre called 'coffee house blues' what the fuck? So I decided I wouldn't bother checking it out as I don't like 'singer songwriters' and their acoustic guitars

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I've never heard of him but you got me curious so I looked him up on wiki and it seems there's a genre called 'coffee house blues' what the fuck? So I decided I wouldn't bother checking it out as I don't like 'singer songwriters' and their acoustic guitars
    I never knew his music was called "Coffee House Blues", and now I'm even more upset. I play Blues (Chicago, Texas, Bayou, Memphis, Jump, all the different styles), and now to find out that he qualifies as Blues just devastates me. I need to go drink something distilled now...

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    But Marilyn Manson is totes legit Blues now, right guys ? Guys ? Right ?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    But Marilyn Manson is totes legit Blues now, right guys ? Guys ? Right ?
    I can definitely hear some Blues influence in some of his new material. I don't know what the actual inspiration for this record was, though. I need to do some research on that.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm in Israel, far far from home and it is the same shitty pop music I hear in Canada. Everywhere. Every. Where.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I had managed to avoid this group, until recently when this popped on Facebook and I decided to give it a listen.

I don't normally get upset at hearing music, but this is godawful. That stupid "ohh" sample is so grating. It goes on through the whole song! The lyrics are so generic it hurts. "Hey now, girl, if you died, I'd die right by your side"? Sheesh. And there is an actual fucking airhorn sample after the first chorus. It almost feels like they are insulting the listener. I need to take a shower.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post

I had managed to avoid this group, until recently when this popped on Facebook and I decided to give it a listen.

I don't normally get upset at hearing music, but this is godawful. That stupid "ohh" sample is so grating. It goes on through the whole song! The lyrics are so generic it hurts. "Hey now, girl, if you died, I'd die right by your side"? Sheesh. And there is an actual fucking airhorn sample after the first chorus. It almost feels like they are insulting the listener. I need to take a shower.
    I enjoyed their first album when it came out, but their albums have gone worse. This song sucks so bad!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Has Train been mentioned? They suck.