Page 51 of 127 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    My exposure to Taylor Swift is limited to Shake It Off and Blank Space. Both seem bland and generic (and strangely uncatchy and anonymous) to me and do not make me want to go any further.
    I read all these high-brow thinkpieces arguing how profound and awesome she is: OK, what do I listen to to get to that?
    Also: if you check the credits to 1989 Max Martin is all over it.
    So yeah I'm confused.
    Well, I dunno about "profound." Joni Mitchell, she ain't. She's mostly been in the country genre until fairly recently, although she's considered crossover.

And, yeah, I guess she got Max Martin to do most songwriting (and production) duties on this new non-country album.

This is one of her older songs
    Last edited by allegro; 12-01-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Well, I dunno about "profound." Joni Mitchell, she ain't. She's mostly been in the country genre until fairly recently, although she's considered crossover.

And, yeah, I guess she got Max Martin to do most songwriting (and production) duties on this new non-country album.

This is one of her older songs
    Speaking of Joni Mitchell. She nixed a biopic that had Taylor Swift down to play her, wonder if she just doesn't like Taylor Swift? Does being a feminist mean having to defend everything all women do or are you allowed to be fed up of Taylor Swift being EVERYWHERE. I wish she'd stuck to country, she's obviously gone pop after realising country doesn't get you that far except in US / Canada
    Last edited by WorzelG; 12-01-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I just think it seems to be the hip thing these days to give her a bunch of shit for being successful. People don't give male pop or country stars that much shit. She certainly doesn't need to go any farther than country, that's for sure. It isn't like she isn't successful enough already, at age 25.

Joni biopic, dunno, can Swift even ACT?

Edit: ends up Joni hates the book: http://www.avclub.com/article/joni-m...ing-jon-212408
    Last edited by allegro; 12-01-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I just think it seems to be the hip thing these days to give her a bunch of shit for being successful. People don't give male pop or country stars that much shit. She certainly doesn't need to go any farther than country, that's for sure. It isn't like she isn't successful enough already, at age 25.

Joni biopic, dunno, can Swift even ACT?

Edit: ends up Joni hates the book: http://www.avclub.com/article/joni-m...ing-jon-212408
    I think Billy Ray Cyrus deserves more shit than Taylor - I was working in a shop that played radio non-stop when Achy Breaky Heart was a hit, ugh. He briefly brought country and line dancing to the UK, after that country seemed to fade away again.

I actually disagree that male pop stars don't get shit, look at the disparity between people's hatred of say, fall out boy, yet they love Paramore because they fancy Hayley Williams? I think both are terrible (that still into you song with her dancing and larking around a studio flat, awful)
    Last edited by WorzelG; 12-02-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I just think it seems to be the hip thing these days to give her a bunch of shit for being successful. People don't give male pop or country stars that much shit.

This is horse shit. Nickelback gets the most crap from anyone, everywhere- whether it's justified or not . And you don't think Justin Beiber (deservedly so as well) doesn't get a lot of crap? Taylor Swift has become a brand and a marketing machine on top of making mostly garbage pop country "music". Someone who becomes as big as her (male or female) with her face plastered everywhere just so she can make a buck is gonna catch grief.

I remember seeing this a month or two ago walking into Subway and just literally rolling my eyes:

Just another pretty face...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wow. Never thought I'd post anything about Creed, but goddamn.. Enjoy:

And the quotes that aren't in the video are soooo much better: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...inger-20141129
    Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 12-02-2014 at 03:11 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Wow. Never thought I'd post anything about Creed, but goddamn.. Enjoy:

And the quotes that aren't in the video are soooo much better: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...inger-20141129
    WTF is up with that nosferatu filter effect????

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    He is speaking from the Afterworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    walking into Subway
    Now why would you do such a thing?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    He is speaking from the Afterworld.

Now why would you do such a thing?

Its, by far, the closest thing to my office. I know, I know- I'm goin to hell.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I honestly can't think of any legitimate reason to hate Taylor, she seems like a pretty cool 23 year old chick to me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I honestly can't think of any legitimate reason to hate Taylor, she seems like a pretty cool 23 year old chick to me.
    Yeah, not really into her style of music, but I see why people like her. Her music is pretty generic, IMHO, but hardly the worst that I've heard.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I'm not discussing feminism in this fucking thread. You two missed the point that I am one, not Taylor Fucking Swift. But you're guys. Okay she's a talentless cunt I give up. The end.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-02-2014 at 05:48 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If you were moved by the Creed confessional posted earlier, you can aid him in his sudden quest to crowdfund $480,000 here: https://fundly.com/scott-stapp-album...-fiction-novel
    Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 12-02-2014 at 06:07 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    If you were moved by the Creed confessional posted earlier, you can aid him in his sudden quest to crowdfund $480,000 here: https://fundly.com/scott-stapp-album...-fiction-novel
    That is pretty desperate, has he been chucked from his record label then? Are Creed on a record label?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    That is pretty desperate, has he been chucked from his record label then? Are Creed on a record label?
    I think the other members have moved on with Alter Bridge.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Not even $600 yet.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    So, is it really THAT bad?...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If this doesn't make him look like a pathetic douche, nothing will..

Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 12-02-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Since we're on topic with him, I found this funny.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    That never made sense. If Brett Michaels can find a label to fund a solo album which will sell 15 copies, Mr. Stapp could too.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    awww, we lost the chance to read Scott Stapp's song of "Ice and Fire"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As I am a fan of Scott Stapp and have met him back in April of this year, it's really disheartening to see him end like up this. Whenever I met him, he was a pretty humble man. Now, he's turning into sociopath who blames Obama for all his problems. I doubt he'll ever get back on track, or even make another album. I do wish him luck though.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This had to have been posted in the old ETS before. I actually heard of this through YTMND, and well, if you've never heard this before, by the time you hear the chorus, you'd see why it would make it to YTMND or anything else that could also fit into The Random Stupidity thread. The chorus is literally mumbling over and over.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-05-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Oh man, i remember "El Mudo", wasn't funny then and isn't funny now, it was a huge hit in Mexico (so obviously i heard the damned thing a lot..), the stupid "song" is supposed to be a mute singing, that was the whole joke, i guess it talk about the IQ of the one who came up with that dumb idea...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Oh fuck you Culkin. Your vanity project joke is shitty, and you suck.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    that link broke my phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone mentioned Black Veil Brides yet? I'm not sure and I can't be bothered to look through 54 pages for it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Pomplamoose is shit (I've probably posted them in this thread before) on top of having a stupid fucking name.

They should go fall in a hole that's 50 feet deep and 4 feet wide. Awful.