Page 23 of 131 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I never even heard of Avenge Sevenfold's music yet I'm mystified into why would Mike Portnoy would play for those guys?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Its not horrible, just not that good. They do put on a good show though.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I felt the same about Godsmack when I saw them open for Metallica.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    2 Chains, you're not different. You suck just as bad as all those other shitty rapper's.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I felt the same about Godsmack when I saw them open for Metallica.
    I saw that (2003?)... just weird. Sort of diet Alice In Chains. Feel mean laying into them for some reason! Probably because they're not as heinous as nickelback and as you say they put on a competent show.

As for why would Portnoy play with a7x, I would have thought the answer is money. Portnoy is whinging on blabbermouth about how he's not a control freak, "it's just my OCD".

I'm sure when a control freak finds what they believe to be a decent excuse for being a control freak, it doesn't make them absolutely unbearable. Portnoy has taken to personally commenting on blabbermouth articles, this should get interesting!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    "here I am, rock you like a hurricane" don't hurricanes kill people? Even the rest of the lyrics are a horrid mess. Gotta love Scorpions.
    I actually bought a crappy Scorpions compilation album called "Classic Bites" at an HMV in Bristol because I was on a Geography trip, I only had £4, there was nothing else to spend it on, so I figured I'd just buy it. Apparently it only contains songs from a couple of albums from the early 90s, so must of the stuff isn't classic or well-known at all, I imagine the flow of the original albums is gone (never listened to the originals though) and it goes on for 80 minutes, at which point you just go "oh sweet jesus just stop already".

But yeah, I don't actually mind "Rock You Like a Hurricane".

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Meh

These guys want to be U2, so bad... :/

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Don't see why. U2 sucks.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Don't see why. U2 sucks.
    Mostly because they want to be a "musically-transcendent and politically-aware" band like them...

...and because they are tools

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    You know who else is trying desperately to be U2 sometimes? 30 Seconds to Mars. Why does their first album have to be SO good, and the others so mediocre?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Oh "Bands that are trying to be U2 desperately" could be a whole thread by itself...

Also:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I don't think I want to hear that Coldplay song. Plus, I really hate the fact that a lot of bands want to be U2. To me, U2's last great album was Achtung Baby while everything up till All That You Can Leave Behind was still good. It's just that gotten too soft or just poppy even though there's a few good songs every now and then. The thing I hate about U2 is the fact that they want to be the most important rock band out there. Well fuck that shit! I'm going to fucking say it. They're not the best band in the world. They haven't been the best band in the world for many years. The best band in the world is.... QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Don't see why. U2 sucks.
    nope. they were fucking amazing for a long time. some say the first three albums. some say their singles. others say up until the 90s 'experimental' phase. i say from the beginning up to and including pop, while the last three albums have been safe, boring, and low-energy.

granted, it's hard to remember that u2 were once a great rock band with a promising future, but bono's persona and a string of mediocre-to-bad records changes nothing about them being a vital band at some point in history.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    nope. they were fucking amazing for a long time. some say the first three albums. some say their singles. others say up until the 90s 'experimental' phase. i say from the beginning up to and including pop, while the last three albums have been safe, boring, and low-energy.

granted, it's hard to remember that u2 were once a great rock band with a promising future, but bono's persona and a string of mediocre-to-bad records changes nothing about them being a vital band at some point in history.
    Only albums I like(d) are Achtung Baby and Zooropa. I can take or leave the rest of their catalog. Just seems like a massively bloated group lauded at every turn due to Bono's always apparent humanitarianism.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I remember seeing an interview where their lead singer actually said they were trying to write this generation's Where The Streets Have No Name.
    Coldplay are chameleons first they tried to blend in with Radiohead now U2. Unfortunately Brian Eno is helping them. After Viva La Vita I said no mas.
    As for U2 I'm a recovering addict. I grew up on them, and they were important to me during my teenage years.
    Now besides a few songs and b sides here and there the only albums I care about from them are the first four, Zooropa and Pop.
    I can't stand Achtung Baby.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I don't think I want to hear that Coldplay song. Plus, I really hate the fact that a lot of bands want to be U2. To me, U2's last great album was Achtung Baby while everything up till All That You Can Leave Behind was still good. It's just that gotten too soft or just poppy even though there's a few good songs every now and then. The thing I hate about U2 is the fact that they want to be the most important rock band out there. Well fuck that shit! I'm going to fucking say it. They're not the best band in the world. They haven't been the best band in the world for many years. The best band in the world is.... QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE.
    Fuckin A...men bro!

I agree with most of you guys, i don't hate U2 and in my opinion they have recorded good albums (With "POP" being their last good effort...)
    "Achtung Baby" and "Zooropa" are their greatest jobs, plus "Unforgettable Fire" and "The Joshua Tree" are nice 80's albums (even though they are very overrated...)

The main problem with them is that musically they became soft-cock-corporate-rock and Bono didn't help either... also their "larger than life-we want to be the greatest band in the world ever" attitude is what turned them into the joke they are now.

As for The Killers go: these guys are a joke, i heard the first album and i did like it (though they were ripping off Springsteen and lots of Post-punk groups). Then they started to make their larger-than-life "anthems" and it became clear their intentions were megalomaniacal, what a joke! they are just a mediocre indie band...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The main problem with them is that musically they became soft-cock-corporate-rock
    They are supposedly working on a new album with Danger Mouse producing. I have to admit this does sound intriguing.
    It could either be good or a laughing stock of an album. Bono was also trying to get them to work with Lady Gaga's producer for a "dance album". I believe he was overruled.

But we'll always have this

I still can't believe this is real.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I find this thread so freakin hilarious..I love it. Even on this page alone, pretty much the majority of all the bands i hate get a mention, so good! I try not to be excessively negative, but maybe I could be forgiven while here?! So yeah, A7X number 1. That's totally credible, considering the thieving nature of their music. They steal their music, so why not rob people of money too. Steal chart positions. Awesome. The charts deserve shite like this. That's what they're for.

Coldplay. I'm not even gonna click that YouTube vid. They are the epitome of banality, fodder for the masses, fodder for fools who accept this rubbish as art. Its a disgrace, boils my blood.

Thank you, I feel better now.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Iran_Ed View Post

[/FONT][/COLOR]

I still can't believe this is real.
    Hahaha so bad

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^That u2 vid makes me want to punch my computer, cock-dance/rock at it's "finest"

Also: I think this is by far one of u2's worst tunes:

Last edited by henryeatscereal; 09-09-2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: I don’t want to talk about wars between nations... not right now :P

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I thought it was Muse when I first heard the song. It was terrible. The lyrics are just hella-dumb. All I can hear was "stinky boots, puss in boots". I'm like... "what?" No Line on the Horizon is to me their worst album. The only saving grace of that album is "Magnificent". I really would like to kick Bono in his nuts one of these days and knock the glasses out of his faces. He is a fucking turd.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I thought it was Muse when I first heard the song. It was terrible. The lyrics are just hella-dumb. All I can hear was "stinky boots, puss in boots". I'm like... "what?" No Line on the Horizon is to me their worst album. The only saving grace of that album is "Magnificent". I really would like to kick Bono in his nuts one of these days and knock the glasses out of his faces. He is a fucking turd.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yeah but Bono is really a piece of shit. Didn't anyone see South Park?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yeah but Bono is really a piece of shit. Didn't anyone see South Park?

Hahaha, it was a great episode...

Last edited by henryeatscereal; 09-10-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Yeah yeah yeah yeah...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Ha! My original encounter with U2 was opening for The Steve Miller Band, and they were awful, although why I was at a Steve Miller show is beyond me. The next time I saw U2 was the Unfogetable Fire tour, now to put this into context, I had seen Triumph (the other three white boys from Canada) the night before at the same venue, the now Oracle Arena. The ticket to U2 was a joke BD gift. U2 at the time was kinda being promoted as a semi Xtian rock band hence the joke. Long story longer I have rarely felt so much energy at a show, everyone was on their feet grooving and moving, even in the nosebleeds, the only other show I felt that much energy and crowd artist connection without huge production was Fishbone in their prime at the Warfield. Saw U2 again with the Pop tour, all hat and no cattle, I was done with them live after that.
    tl:dr tag

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Hey! There's nothing wrong w/ Steve Miller. Steve Miller rocks!!!! BTW, am I the only person that didn't see that new Smiley Virus video? I saw pictures of it but I don't think I want to see the video or hear the song. I don't wanna know how bad it is and... I don't want to be among the many morons who saw the video and gave her a new record for most VEVO views in a day.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The Bloodhound Gang could face jail time in Russia. Finally, a fitting punishment for crap music.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)