Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I am all in favour of a Shit on Music thread, but I don't see why it has to be Nickelback-themed. Again, another example of people talking shit about Nickelback whilst promoting them at the same time.
    Hey! Listen to me. Listen. This is important. Listen. There is NO such thing as promoting Nickelback. We are warning people. Do you say that to meteorologists when they warn people about hurricanes? "Hey, don't tell everyone about Hurricane Asshole because then you'll be promoting it!" No! You know why? Because it's vital information that everyone needs to know. No poor, unsuspecting person should be assaulted by the generic bland vagina monster that is Nickelback. No one. So just consider this whole thread a public service announcement.

And while we're on the topic of shitty music, whoever made the song "Don't Fear the Reaper" is an asshole. It's a whole song about not fearing death, but you know what? Whole thing sounds really sad. It's a BUMMER of a song. It really is. Oh, and the lyrics? "40,000 men and women every day." WHAT? Are you kidding me? That's supposed to make me feel better? "Like Romeo and Juliet." Listen, schmuck, Romeo and Juliet died in the most horrible way possible. She drank poison and then he thought she was dead and then she drank poison and then he thought she was dead and then he killed himself or she killed herself or WHATEVER. I don't remember how it goes. The point is, it was a bummer of an ending; that's why they call it a tragedy. Just like your song: a tragedy. So fuck you Blue Oyster Cult. You totally ruined my trip to the grocery store a few minutes ago with your crappy song. Standing in the toothpaste aisle crying my ass off about my inevitable mortality.
    Last edited by theruiner; 12-06-2011 at 01:09 AM.