Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I'm a big Community fan, but Childish Gambino is some terrible terrible terrible music. Now that I think of it, I can't come up with any examples of an actor turned musician that didn't suck.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-09-2011 at 04:21 AM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm a big Community fan, but Childish Gambino is some terrible terrible terrible music. Now that I think of it, I can't come up with any examples of an actor turned musician that didn't suck.
    Did you read the Pitchfork review of "Camp", it was kind of spot on. Donald Glover is a funny guy, but rapping about banging Asian chicks, being the only black guy around white guys, and trying to show how much of an outcast you are gets old real quick. Then again, Childish Gambino isn't nearly as bad as Mac Miller who is Asher Roth 2.0.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Did you read the Pitchfork review of "Camp", it was kind of spot on. Donald Glover is a funny guy, but rapping about banging Asian chicks, being the only black guy around white guys, and trying to show how much of an outcast you are gets old real quick. Then again, Childish Gambino isn't nearly as bad as Mac Miller who is Asher Roth 2.0.
    I find it funny the people rip on this guy but then love Eminem. Pretty much the same thing people.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    I find it funny the people rip on this guy but then love Eminem. Pretty much the same thing people.
    I dislike both, but I'd rather listen to Gambino than Eminem at this point. Shady just yells all the time and he's not clever anymore. He's actually really fucking annoying and boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Zooey Deschanel's pretty good. At their worst, She & Him are just lukewarm, but they're never outright bad. She's got some pipes, too - a classic voice and some passable songwriting ability.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    Jacob Safari (of Wavves fame) handles the production using unlicensed NIN samples for the entirety of the project.
    Okay, so how the fuck are you going to sell this to people then?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    That was disgusting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Papa Roach needs to be in this thread if they aren’t already. Weak and boring riffs, and awful lyrics.