Page 83 of 131 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 3912

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I do too. Not a day goes by where I want to really beat the holy shit out of Adam Levine for butchering "Closer".
    I have never heard his version of Closer and with any luck I never will. I hate Adam Levine's voice it's high and whinny and he has no vibrato or refuses to try and develop a vibrato in his singing (if you want to call it singing). I hate Maroon 5's songs and I think it is criminal that Adam Levine is on a show judging other singers when he can't sing himself. I have never watched the show but I have seen clips.
    I'm a fan of Dylan and Springsteen and some people always say Dylan and Springsteen can't sing, but they have conviction in their vocals and you believe that they believe what they are singing. You can't say that for Adam Levine. When I look at or hear Adam Levine, I see a guy who has figured out another way to scam money instead of being a telemarketer.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just been randomly annoyed by a comment on Twitter about Ed Sheeran. Somebody was tweeting about him breaking records on Spotify, fair enough, then someone replied about how people were desperate for authentic, lyrical, singable acoustic music and it just got my goat. Ed sheeran wrote the shape of you for fucking Rihanna! Surely that makes it as inauthentic as you can get.
    Not that I give a fuck about authenticity but I can't stand this pompous attitude people have about electronic = bad acoustic guitar = good.
    Last edited by WorzelG; 01-11-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I actually like some of the bands in here, but this has to be one of the worst lineups ever...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do too. Not a day goes by where I want to really beat the holy shit out of Adam Levine for butchering "Closer".
    I had no idea that existed and now I am saddened to have learned that it in fact does exist.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh, and here is some info on who will perform at Il Duce's Inauguration Party: Toby "I'm a dumb redneck" Keith and 3 Dull Dudes.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I actually like some of the bands in here, but this has to be one of the worst lineups ever...

And they had GN'R last year...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Just wondering if it's me, or is there data backing up that people aren't wearing/buying ugly, shit-ass Beats headphones anyomore? I travel a shit ton for work so always saw people wearing these turds some years back, and rarely see them these days.

Giid riddance, hopefully. Also wasn't sure where to put this but seemed to be the appropriate thread.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Just wondering if it's me, or is there data backing up that people aren't wearing/buying ugly, shit-ass Beats headphones anyomore? I travel a shit ton for work so always saw people wearing these turds some years back, and rarely see them these days.

Giid riddance, hopefully. Also wasn't sure where to put this but seemed to be the appropriate thread.
    What's exactly bad about them? I know some claim BOSE is the best and yada yada but there's nothing wrong with Beats.

I own an over the ear version from 2014 and I recently bought some Wireless Powerbeats2 for my iPhone 7. I've had no issues or complaints about them.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-15-2017 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    For the money, they sound like complete poop. Don't even think that's debatable. That's the same thing that Bose had going against it.

Personal peference: my jeans don't sag down below my ass so the style/look isn't for me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    They fucking blow regardless so don't know how they had fans to begin with.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    They fucking blow regardless so don't know how they had fans to begin with.
    Yeah, pretty much. The ONE band (not counting Springsteen tribute band) willing to play is some flash-in-the-pan that was popular in 2000.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    When was the last time they even had a song graze the radio?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Spoiler: The following post is in no way supportive of Donald Trump

This shit always cracks me up

Michael Jackson used to molest children in his bed, and yet is still considered one of the all-time greatest pop singers ever. 3 Doors Down agree to play a Trump inauguration and people have a meltdown. Oh, the hilarity..
    Non-sequitur. Whatever Michael Jackson did or didn't do has nothing to do with 3 Doors Down playing Trump's inauguration, or make it any less hilarious that the ONE act Trump's team could book was a washed-up band, straight from VH1's "I Love the '00s."

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    so... how legal would it be to set up a gofundme page to ask for a song request from 3 Doors Down when they play the inauguration?

Thinking either a cover of Nazi Punks Fuck Off by the Dead Kennedys or Pledge of Defiance by Total Chaos

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Kevin Gates kicking that girl at his concert square in the face was pretty rebellious.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I'm just saying

MJ gets to abuse children and largely keeps his status as an icon, thanks for all the great music. A ho-hum corporate rock band agrees to play Trump's inauguration and gets vilified, like people had any respect for them before this was announced.

Give me a fucking break. This country is so deluded it's ridiculous. 3DD are probably getting a lifetime payout from Trump for this and won't ever need another fan to buy their shitty records anyway. So who's laughing on their way down to the bank then? While I'll admit it's sad that the best Trump could do for a musical act was Toby Keith and these guys, it's clear that neither give a fuck what anyone thinks if they're actually agreeing to play this thing..

Amazing how that's the most rebellious thing happening in music these days, isn't it?
    We honestly don't know what Jackson did or didn't do. Personally, I think it's likely he gave kids wine (he called it "Jesus juice,") and slept in a bed with them. Very, very, very, very weird, totally inappropriate, illegal, etc. Jackson deserves his status as a pop icon, while acknowledging that he had some serious issues, and possible mental illness. I don't see 3DD playing the inaguration as being particularly rebellious, no more so than Kid Rock sporting a Confederate flag. It's more a matter of being an insensitive dick.

I think people are more amused than outraged. 3DD will forever be a punchline.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 01-17-2017 at 04:25 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah, pretty much. The ONE band (not counting Springsteen tribute band) willing to play is some flash-in-the-pan that was popular in 2000.
    The headliner is actually Lee Greenwood.

Who will most definitely sing his evergreen hit "GOD BLESS THE USA."

I'm wiping a tear as I type this, I'm so verklempt.

And Toby Keith will most likely play "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue"

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is also performing. They'll probably do ?

And the NYC Rockettes.

At the Inauguration Ceremony.

3 Doors Down would be a good choice for the Gala, really, since that requires something like a safe wedding band for the white tie stuffy stuff.

This is from Mashable:

Franklin D. Roosevelt — 1941
    At FDR’s record-breaking third inauguration, Mickey Rooney performed.

Dwight D. Eisenhower —1957
    Contralto Marian Anderson sang “The Star Spangled Banner,” at the Capitol during Dwight D. Eisenhower’s inauguration

John F. Kennedy —1961
    Marian Anderson performed at the Inauguration ceremony, while Frank Sinatra performed at the Inaugural Gala.

Lyndon B. Johnson —1965
    His inauguration included performances by the US Marine Band and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Richard M. Nixon –1969
    The U.S. Marine Band and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir performed at the ceremony.

Richard Nixon — 1973
    Ethel Ennis performed “The National Anthem.”

Ronald Reagan — 1981
    Ethel Merman performed “God Bless America” at the Inauguration Ceremony.

Ronald W. Reagan — 1985
    Jessye Norman performed "Simple Gifts" from Aaron Copland's "Old American Songs" at the Inauguration Ceremony.

George H.W. Bush — 1989
    Barbra Streisand performed at George H.W.’s Inauguration Gala.

Bill Clinton —1993
    Marilyn Horne was a personal friend of Bill Clintons and performed an American medley at his Inauguration Ceremony that included that included “Simple Gifts” by Aaron Copeland and “Make a Rainbow” by Portia Nelson.

During his 1993 presidential campaign, Bill Clinton dubbed Fleetwood Mac’s “Don’t Stop” his official campaign song. Although they hadn’t performed together since 1982, they agreed to play at his 1993 Inauguration Gala.
    During Clinton’s Inaugural Concert, Bob Dylan stood in front of the Lincoln memorial with an acoustic guitar and performed “Chimes of Freedom.”
    Last edited by allegro; 01-17-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I fucking hate that song. "God Bless the USA". I really do. It's one of the most insipid pieces of shit that I have ever heard. "I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free." That is such bullshit.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I fucking hate that song. "God Bless the USA". I really do. It's one of the most insipid pieces of shit that I have ever heard. "I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free." That is such bullshit.
    i hate pretty much any music that's patriotic because it always comes from a place of arrogance and privilege.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Holy shit is this ever bad.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    well...

...that sure was uncalled for

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Uh, is this new or something? I don't wanna hear it. Jay Gordon is a fucking has-been.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Any type of heart, emotion and groove the original had that cover sucked the life out of it. 18 thumbs down!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Any type of heart, emotion and groove the original had that cover sucked the life out of it. 18 thumbs down!
    Don't you mean.....

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Didn't Orgy cover some other 80's song, around 2000? Saw then last year, opening for Filter. Meh.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Blue Monday?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Korn is the best band
    #alternativefacts

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Didn't Orgy cover some other 80's song, around 2000? Saw then last year, opening for Filter. Meh.
    yes, they covered Blue Monday, originally by New Order, and (in the opinion of many, including me) vastly improved upon the original. it's also what got them noticed. they have a bunch of great songs (and i'd argue that Vapor Transmission is a consistently great album) but after that they went WAAAAAAY downhill.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yes, they covered Blue Monday, originally by New Order, and (in the opinion of many, including me) vastly improved upon the original. .
    Oh... well, I guess I disagree there.