Page 78 of 131 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 3920

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I made a trap song to explain why I don't like trap music

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKPI1jPB...sycinder&hl=en

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    wait, that idiot got banned? I love this board. THANK YOU.

re: that Pretty Reckless chick...to make matters worse considering how bad her her music is, a huge part of her persona is getting naked/near naked as much as possible in videos, live, shoots, etc. So obnoxious & clearly calculated.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I know this song sucks and all, but damn it does have a hook.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I know this song sucks and all, but damn it does have a hook.

Anytime I hear this song, I think of this....

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Just bought their album Going to Hell on vinyl a few weeks ago.

I don't give a fuck if the music is generic (and you do have a point there), she's smoking hot and she's stark naked all throughout the album art, which is good enough for my $20..
    I admitted to buying a fucking Hootie and the Blowfish album this year in one of these threads, and there was no nude hot chick in the album artwork. Got you beat for super lame taste by a country mile.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Oh yea?

Well I bought Hootie's "Fairweather Johnson" album on vinyl about three years ago, for about $15.

Suck on that
    Well, I bought the super deluxe edition of Fairweather Johnson--including a digitaly remastered CD, vinyl, four CDs of demos, a live album and Blu-ray from the 1996 tour, a 200 page essay, a commemorative Fairweather Johnson condom and four dildos, one molded for each band member. It only cost me $2000.00.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well, I bought the super deluxe edition of Fairweather Johnson--including a digitaly remastered CD, vinyl, four CDs of demos, a live album and Blu-ray from the 1996 tour, a 200 page essay, a commemorative Fairweather Johnson condom and four dildos, one molded for each band member. It only cost me $2000.00.
    Does that really exist? I need proof.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Does that really exist? I need proof.
    You can only get it via the official Hootie fan club.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    You can only get it via the official Hootie fan club.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I'd like to believe we're a bunch of mature adults who can have a conversation about the guy, now that certain parties are gone forever.

With a new album coming out in January it's going to be unavoidable topic. Shoehorning him into this thread is unfair considering his outstanding output back in the day.

Makes us comparable to those idiotic Skinny Puppy fans who get all foamy at the mouth every time someone brings up NIN. Yes, Trent ripped off Dig It back in the day. Moving on.

Related: Tim Skold is a great musician and a shitty, shitty lyricist.

An article about the man we cannot speaketh:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-say10-w439323

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

"It's worse than a pun. It's wordplay"

As of right now I'm 100% convinced the new album sound exactly the same as the latest records. Which already supposedly reminded some of Manson's friends of ACSS and MA.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    "It's worse than a pun. It's wordplay"

As of right now I'm 100% convinced the new album sound exactly the same as the latest records. Which already supposedly reminded some of Manson's friends of ACSS and MA.
    I thought THEOL and BV were decent, albeit redundant albums, like any Ozzy album after 1991. I did rather like TPE and think The Man Whose Name We Cannot Speaketh has a good chemistry with Bates.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    With Tyler Bates involved I have faith it'll be just about as enjoyable as TPE for whatever that is worth to the ear of the beholder.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

He lost me at:

It's not very much in any way like The Pale Emperor,"
    Why does he want to re-record ACSS or Mechanical Animals is beyond me, the guy has tried it before with terrible results, "The Pale Emperor" was more fitting to his voice, age and current attitude, i hope he doesn't record another trainwreck

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    He lost me at:

Why does he want to re-record ACSS or Mechanical Animals is beyond me, the guy has tried it before with terrible results, "The Pale Emperor" was more fitting to his voice, age and current attitude, i hope he doesn't record another trainwreck
    As long as it doesn't sound anything lyrically or thematically similar to The High End of Low I'll be fine.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    As long as it doesn't sound anything lyrically or thematically similar to The High End of Low I'll be fine.
    Agreed, we don't need another album like that, even going back to the "Born Villain" sound makes more sense...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Agreed, we don't need another album like that, even going back to the "Born Villain" sound makes more sense...
    You actually make out such major differences in direction between EMDM, THEOL & BV? I guess I should go back and listen back to back to those three albums. Because I did not despise them, but thought that there wasn't really a big progress in sound for MM at the time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    You actually make out such major differences in direction between EMDM, THEOL & BV? I guess I should go back and listen back to back to those three albums. Because I did not despise them, but thought that there wasn't really a big progress in sound for MM at the time.
    I LOVE Eat Me, Drink Me. I consider it his last true, good album from front to back. There was depth and actual concise imagery and thought put behind the album's direction. The albums following it seem like cobbled together ideas and themes tossed in a blender and spit out on a demo tape that was hand picked to make the album cut after 5 minutes of thought. THEOL is the worst offender of that.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    I agree, the sound hasn't changed that much since EMDM, but the composition and mostly Manson's voice has changed a lot!
    That's what i like about "The Pale Emperor", Manson isn't trying to scream anymore like the first albums, just listen to "Third Day of a Seven Day Binge" and you can tell that Tyler Bates made the most of it with his voice.
    "Born Villain" has some good tracks but also some terrible ones (it's 50% Manson 50% Twiggy), "The High End of Low" is almost unlistenable (it's almost all Twiggy compositions); "The Pale Emperor" was a more equilibrated album not because the sound changed that much, just because the compositions are so much better.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    LOL WTF was that?

His backup singers made up most the vocals. That's pathetic. He's tone deaf too.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-16-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Asking Alexandria is the cancer of metal that needs to be cut off from the source. Then put into an incinerator and shot into space towards the sun before it metastasizes. Even then it might not be enough to kill this shit.

You might need to change the quality settings to 480p to hear the rest of this horrible cover.
    That is if you want to listen to one of the most uninspired shitty covers that's up in the top 10 most uninspired shitty covers to exist.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    LOL WTF was that?

His backup singers made up most the vocals. That's pathetic. He's tone deaf too.
    You've got to admire that album cover though! Great concept, perfectly excuted. Almost....

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'll never, ever understand why people mercilessly shit on The High End of Low. What more could you possibly want in a Manson album? The songs are there across the record, like a hybrid of everything he'd done up to that point. Dude is in rare form throughout the whole thing and people just don't see it.

Easily my favorite thing he's done, with the exception of Portrait..
    Actually, I was wrong... I was so wrong... let's stop talking about Marilyn Manson, and instead please talk about new and exciting bands that we didn't know sucked horribly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post

What a good parody of crappy pop music, genius.

Wait it's not a joke.

Oh god.

Oh no....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darktemplar007 View Post
    What a good parody of crappy pop music, genius.

Wait it's not a joke.

Oh god.

Oh no....
    There's an official video. That Goonies money must be flowing cause he got that whore Snoop Dog on it.

apparently this isn't his first rodeo. Something positive... I guess the dude is aging well in the face?

Last edited by mfte; 09-16-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I will give Corey Feldman some credit for at least trying to do something he's doing and likes while not afraid to freak people out. He was trending worldwide on Twitter. Plus, he was able to get his shit together unlike the other Corey unfortunately.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Huh?

I'm suggesting we talk about other sucky bands besides Marilyn Manson, all the other sucky bands, just not that one.

I'm totally down to talk about Corey Feldman.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=mfte;316806]There's an official video. That Goonies money must be flowing cause he got that whore Snoop Dog on it.

no I didn't just see that.... I'm ok,.... I didn't fucking FUCK YOUY FUCk YOUFJUCKCLFUDOIHDS:OIDFSBJLSDFLKHSDF

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    credit for at least trying to do something he's doing.
    It's like a verbal participation ribbon