Page 77 of 131 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Probably already been mentioned, but Five Finger Death Punch = yuck

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I really hate this wave of folk music that has emerged. Phillips Phillips. I want to grab that fucker's guitar and bash it against his head. His songs are so fucking bland. Every time I hear some shitty folk-pop song on a commercial or for a film. I swear to god, I want to blast something like Metal Machine Music in the loudest possible volume and just kill everything in sight.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    When I was at college there was a guy around in friend-circles who was kind of the epitome of the Jack Johnson douche... Tom or Todd or something, started with a T... He knocked on my dorm door one day and asks me if he can borrow my acoustic guitar for a moment. OK. So I'm sitting here, studying (which means I'm reading some pretentious book), and I hear this guy playing my guitar and singing this shitty optimistic "change your life" music outside in the hallway... lyrics along the lines of "girl you need to go far before you know how far you've gotten, let me see your journey blossom" or some shit... I walk out there, and there's a circle of hot girls all gazing at him moony-eyed and slack jawed, and he's playing the guitar with a big fucking smile on his face while he wears his wraparound shades indoors.

I smashed that guitar later that night and threw it into the fucking dumpster outside. Fuck you Tom, or Todd, or whatever the fuck your name was.
    Was it something like this?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i have a soft spot for "photograph" by ed sheeran.

on topic, the absolute worst time for pop radio was early 2000's. remember ashanti? no? i envy you. her and ja rule would tag-team the shittiest tracks EVER.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i have a soft spot for "photograph" by ed sheeran.

on topic, the absolute worst time for pop radio was early 2000's. remember ashanti? no? i envy you. her and ja rule would tag-team the shittiest tracks EVER.
    Didn't they have a song where they made a lame video inspired by Grease where Ja Rule sang "your lips, my eyes" and Ashanti sang like Beavis or something?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    sounds vaguely familiar.

i was working at sam goody then and the most telling and fascinating part of watching that unfold was the release of hits-only cds. not greatest hits, just the singles from shit albums slammed into cheaper cds.

edit: they were called sevens or something.
    Last edited by kel; 08-24-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    My most hated thing that seems to happen so much in pop music these days is the EDM sped up drum roll. I HATE that sound, it always sounds so tinny.
    I was looking up some examples to explain what I meant and I found this gearslutz page - what a massive amount of effort and time goes into something that sounds so horrible!
    https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-...drums-vox.html
    Last edited by WorzelG; 08-30-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    My most hated thing that seems to happen so much in pop music these days is the EDM sped up drum roll. I HATE that sound, it always sounds so tinny.
    I was looking up some examples to explain what I meant and I found this gearslutz page - what a massive amount of effort and time goes into something that sounds so horrible!
    https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-...drums-vox.html
    But how else will we know when the bass is about to drop lol?

Also, I hate the sub bass drop in 95% of action movie trailers these days. It comes off lame as fuck in every capacity.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Hey, remember that bitch who ripped off Blind Melon's "No Rain" for her own shitty song? Well, she's getting sued by the band: http://www.avclub.com/article/all-bl...ngement-242003

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double-post but there is an interesting article on how one of the worst songs ever created was made: http://www.gq.com/story/oral-history...ng-of-all-time

WARNING: The music video is on autoplay and scroll down below for anyone not wanting to hear that blasphemous tune.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Oh that's really good... I'm not the biggest Blind Melon fan, but I was upset that they actually gave permission for that shit. That was just painful...

I have no idea what the hell the people who made this were thinking then. Did they think they could just get away with it?

Also, that article about Jefferson Starship... "Like a barnacle made from synthesizers and cocaine" is maybe the funniest goddamn thing I've ever read. I'm still laughing... wow.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-03-2016 at 01:19 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Jefferson Starship/Starship were dreadful. Jefferson Airplane rocked.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double-post but there is an interesting article on how one of the worst songs ever created was made: http://www.gq.com/story/oral-history...ng-of-all-time

WARNING: The music video is on autoplay and scroll down below for anyone not wanting to hear that blasphemous tune.
    I think Loveshack is a worse song, I hate that song and it's played at every wedding. I haven't heard We Built This City in years, maybe it's played more in the US?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Also, that article about Jefferson Starship... "Like a barnacle made from synthesizers and cocaine" is maybe the funniest goddamn thing I've ever read. I'm still laughing... wow.

HAAAAAAHAHAHHAAAAA OMG so good I fucking hate that song, and that fucking band.

@WorzelG , that stupid song is played ALL THE FUCKING TIME here, for the last 30 years omg what a TURD.

But now Xfinity has this ad on TV:

Last edited by allegro; 09-03-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    well, this "band" fucking sucks. The production sucks, the music is simple and fucking boring, but the goddamn narcissistic infatuation with your sadness? I know it sounds ironic to complain about that on a site centered around Nine Inch Nails, but this person has a lead single called "Kill Me," followed by another song called "Make Me Wanna Die."

Ok, if that's your MO, you better be heavy as fuck, and you're not. You're cookie-cutter wimp rock bullshit. You make a petty anthem out of your pathetic angst. You suck so bad that you have to steal from fucking Aerosmith to explain how badly you super wanna die. Fuck you.

anyway, it seems I can't even link to the video for some reason... that's bizarre. If you want to hear this horseshit, look up some terrible band called The Pretty Reckless, and their fantastically bullshit song "kill me"

EDIT: oh god the more I look into this "musician" the more I want to scream... apparently this is some vanity project by an actress from the show Gossip Girl, and she has another song where the chorus goes "so hit me like a man, and love me like a woman."

FUCK YOU. Nice AHS font there, you talentless self-absorbed bullshit piece of fuck. You are a perfect example of why we shouldn't let actors make music. They always do it wrong, but never before has an actor done it as badly as you. You have done it worse than anyone in the history of doing things bad.

Last edited by Jinsai; 09-10-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    What I like about this thread is that it constantly brings to my attention stuff I might have missed, and won't ever be missing again...

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    well, this "band" fucking sucks.
    apparently they opened for marilyn manson at some point.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    apparently they opened for marilyn manson at some point.

We don't talk about... Him, anymore, 'round these parts...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    We don't talk about... Him, anymore, 'round these parts...
    And at this point, it would be redundant to do so, even in this thread.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Last one was solid, that's all I'll say about that. I'll still listen to it regularly, it's been 15 years since I've done that with an album of his.
    Unless you're talking about live performance, then I'd totally agree.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Pretty Reckless, eh. Pretty generic. They sound like a million other 00's/10's bands.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    yeah, i know, but this *is* the shitty music thread ...

my bad.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Maybe this is the safe space to talk about he who must not be named, but I thought that last album felt like ghost written bullshit, and I never got why people thought it was a "return to form," I guess I just thought it sucked

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'd like to believe we're a bunch of mature adults who can have a conversation about the guy, now that certain parties are gone forever.

With a new album coming out in January it's going to be unavoidable topic. Shoehorning him into this thread is unfair considering his outstanding output back in the day.

Makes us comparable to those idiotic Skinny Puppy fans who get all foamy at the mouth every time someone brings up NIN. Yes, Trent ripped off Dig It back in the day. Moving on.

Related: Tim Skold is a great musician and a shitty, shitty lyricist.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I'd like to believe we're a bunch of mature adults who can have a conversation about the guy, now that certain parties are gone forever.

With a new album coming out in January it's going to be unavoidable topic. Shoehorning him into this thread is unfair considering his outstanding output back in the day.

Makes us comparable to those idiotic Skinny Puppy fans who get all foamy at the mouth every time someone brings up NIN. Yes, Trent ripped off Dig It back in the day. Moving on.

I'm glad certain parties are gone, but spoiler alert, the new album is going to be bad. When it releases I'm sure there will be a discussion. Some people will like it, but as long as rabid fan isn't here squealing his head off, we'll move along like adults

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    What happened- did Haz get banned, or leave on his own terms, or ???...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    He was banned for spazzing out and acting like a martyr in the mod board

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    He was banned for spazzing out and acting like a martyr in the mod board
    Well, at least we won't have to endure those awful Transformers posts anymore.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    New Lady Gaga single is dreadful. I was somewhat excited after hearing that FJM, Florence and Josh Homme will be appearing on the album, but it's the same bland generic dance pop I hear on the radio all the time. No thank you

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

A 30/40 something getting upset and angry, arguing over the merits of any musical artist is just plain dumb and just a way for unhappy/unstable people to vent, distracting them from other, real problems going on in their lives.