Page 6 of 131 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    My idiot roommate listens to only the radio while he's playing video games in the next room for hours on end. And he only listens to one station- our local jock rock/nu metal/I don't know what you call it but they play Seether and Nickelback at least once an hour station. Anyway, they play this song ALL THE TIME. I've lost count of how many times I've heard it passing by. It's atrocious.

On a side note, I'd just like to point out that THIS was voted as one of the top two comments under the video:

Wow did I hit a nerve with the fag comment? Sorry man It's your life live it how you want. Oh and nice grammar moron.

...I'm just shocked that someone with that level of intelligence and wit would be listening to something that so clearly caters to the lowest common denominator.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...its_music.html

I didn't even know he was still doing anything. In fact, I forgot all about Fall Out Boy until I saw this...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^ it's kind of bittersweet, it's everything most people wanted (including me), buuuuut I kinda feel bad for the guy.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Should I be surprised that the guy is a complete pussy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    or kill himself

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    What I heard of his solo album was horribly cynical Top 40-fellating crap. Perhaps if he'd made a more honest record doing what he does best, there would be much less of this backlash.
    Fall Out Boy have some great songs, I am serious (check out Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Diet, I Don't Care, or This Ain't A Scene It's An Arms Race). They'll be back soon enough. Pete Wentz surely has some pretty large alimony payments to make.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I still don't get it, who cares what the fans think? Music was about doing what you wanted, not bowing to label/critical/fan pressure. Most of them probably just wanted FOB to continue in the first place.
    ---
    Not "shitty music", but more overplayed. A friend had a 90's radio station from iTunes streaming yesterday, and I could go without EVER hearing the following songs again:

- Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
    - Pearl Jam - Alive or Jeremy
    - Metallica - Enter Sandman
    - Sugar Ray - Fly
    - Green Day - Longview, Basket Case, When I Come Around
    - Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

I could think of more, but those were repeated ad nauseum...
    Last edited by poinoup; 03-02-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    If your fans don't like your music, and stop supporting you economically, this can end your career as a musician. So yeah, it is about the fans. If you can't find anyone to pay for your music, you can't make a career out of it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    If your fans don't like your music, and stop supporting you economically, this can end your career as a musician. So yeah, it is about the fans. If you can't find anyone to pay for your music, you can't make a career out of it.
    Despite the fact that a lot of people hated Fall Out Boy and this lame faux soul pop Jefferson Starship bullshit he was making, you can't seriously say that nobody was buying his crap.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I don't quite catch your meaning, but it seemed to me that his solo album went nowhere.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I don't quite catch your meaning, but it seemed to me that his solo album went nowhere.
    I guess "nowhere" is a relative term. If we're requiring sales on par with the bizarre success of Fall Out Boy, then sure, his solo stuff flopped. There's plenty of musicians out there who sell far less and still make a living off it. I heard that terrible "This City" song more times than I cared to, so it was getting rotation. Someone was buying it.

I can't say I'm upset that he's retired though.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-02-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Can. Not. Stand Current 93.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Built to Spill. They suck so hard that YouTube wouldn't even load the shitty video that I was going to use to show you all how shitty they are.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Built to Spill are one of the best bands of the past two decades, you're full of shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't decide if this is really really awful or extremely awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Built to Spill are one of the best bands of the past two decades, you're full of shit.
    Only because I've given up shitting for Lent.
    But Built to Spill is still boring as fuck. I enjoy listening to them as much as I enjoy listening to Train.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    You probably should've given up posting here for lent.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Really?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I love how they think that, in the year 2012, flipping someone off is some huge act of rebellion.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That video's cinematography is atrocious.

Oh and the song is bad too.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Can. Not. Stand Current 93.
    i enjoy when i see more controversial bands being listed here. i'm a huge fan of neofolk (death in june, strength through joy, forseti, joy of life, les joyaux de la princess, etc.) but i've never ever felt any affinity for current 93. it's his voice. drives me absolutely batshit.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I love DIJ, but don't know those other guys you mention: will check them out. I also don't like Sol Invictus.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Modest Mouse. I put them in the same category of boring as Built to Spill. Just fucking boring. Shit vocals, boring music. I know a lot of people who have and will say "you just don't get their music." I get their music. I just don't like it. I hate it Just because a pedophile says "you just don't get pedophiles" doesn't mean that fucking kids is OK, and you're wrong for not getting it. I guess what I'm saying is that fans of either band are just as bad as pedophiles.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I'm not saying this to be argumentative, but have you heard their older music? I know a lot of fans who say that they stopped being good when Good News came out and everything before it was great. I feel the exact opposite- I love their last two albums, but I can't get into anything before Good News. Which makes me the opposite of every other MM fan on the planet, but whatever.

Anyway, my point is that they have had two very distinct eras and a lot of people only like one or the other, so if you're judging them based solely on their newer stuff (the last ten years or so) you're leaving out a huge chunk of their catalog that sounds completely different.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrodoommonkey View Post
    Modest Mouse. I put them in the same category of boring as Built to Spill. Just fucking boring. Shit vocals, boring music. I know a lot of people who have and will say "you just don't get their music."
    Built to Spill has some incredible music. Perfect from Now On and There's Nothing Wrong With Love are amazing albums. The first few Modest Mouse albums are pretty great as well. I guess I like boring music with shit vocals.

Either way... your weird analogy about pedos is completely fucking bizarre.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-16-2012 at 01:43 AM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Modest Mouse are consistently good. Everything up to "Good News" is great, and after was pretty good. Ike Brock is a very good songwriter, they're like Spoon where they always put out nothing less than very good albums. I don't know what kind of music you're listening to, but I have a feeling you're not digging deep enough.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Damn, I actually bought one of those...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Some of the music on the list is okay. But just okay, nothing mind-blowing.