Page 68 of 131 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 3914

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well, if Adele does succeed. Then there's hope that good music could prevail again instead of someone like Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber. Plus, I kinda like Adele since she doesn't pertain to any trends or anything and rather just be herself and play to her strengths.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Well, if Adele does succeed. Then there's hope that good music could prevail again instead of someone like Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber. Plus, I kinda like Adele since she doesn't pertain to any trends or anything and rather just be herself and play to her strengths.
    How long before Adele gets invited into Taylor Swift's annoying posse? And don't get your hopes up, there is a Coldplay album out in December

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Hey, wait ... I'm a Charmin girl. I HATE cheap toilet paper.

I wouldn't know a Third Eye Blind song, though, if it bit me.
    if you listened to rock radio in the late 90s, you probably heard at least one if not three or four of their songs (there were a ridiculous number of singles off their first album). most likely "semi-charmed life" or "jumper" and possibly some others. you'd know them if you heard them again, i guarantee it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    if you listened to rock radio in the late 90s, you probably heard at least one if not three or four of their songs (there were a ridiculous number of singles off their first album). most likely "semi-charmed life" or "jumper" and possibly some others. you'd know them if you heard them again, i guarantee it.
    I think it might be one of those things where if I heard the song I might go, "Ohhhhh okay." I wasn't listening to much rock radio in the late 90s, though.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I agree that Adele is overrated but she's not that bad, there are far worse stuff in the radio nowadays...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    How long before Adele gets invited into Taylor Swift's annoying posse?
    Was thinking the opposite- Taylor Swift will now probably make an Adele diss track.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Was thinking the opposite- Taylor Swift will now probably make an Adele diss track.
    And for those that remember the 2013 Golden Globes ceremony where Adele beat Swift for Best Original Song, she made this little bitchy face...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Taylor Swift always looks like she's smelling a fart.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Ha, haven't heard this song in years.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Taylor Swift always looks like she's smelling a fart.
    I think she is absolutely beautiful

Last edited by allegro; 11-25-2015 at 05:10 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I don't think she's beautiful or ugly, nor would I trust some pro pics from GQ that have her wearing too much make up and are photo shopped. They can make me look similar to Brad Pitt. She makes a lot of weird faces during interviews that I've seen. Was just going by that.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I follow her on Instagram where she's live and not 'shopped, still a hell of a lot prettier than most acknowledge. Which has nothing to do with her musical talents or lack thereof.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Adele is the new Celine Dion. I don't care how well produced her album is. I'm sure the production is astonishing. I know she's got a great voice. So does Celine Dion.

"Someone Like You" was "My Heart Will Go On (pt.2)"

I know people in the industry getting really worked up because it's going to debut platinum, but let's be real.
    I don't like Celine Dion, and neither do you.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I follow her on Instagram where she's live and not 'shopped, still a hell of a lot prettier than most acknowledge. Which has nothing to do with her musical talents or lack thereof.
    I know she's pretty but I was really put off her when she got all defensive about a Nicki Minaj comment and then she got her 'posse' to stand up and clap her in a really patronising way at some awards ceremony. Not to mention her ridiculous gang thing against Katy Perry. I think she's a bit of a passive aggressive bully

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I know she's pretty but I was really put off her when she got all defensive about a Nicki Minaj comment and then she got her 'posse' to stand up and clap her in a really patronising way at some awards ceremony. Not to mention her ridiculous gang thing against Katy Perry. I think she's a bit of a passive aggressive bully
    I think Swift, Minaj, Perry and Beyonce are all out-of-touch spoiled divas. The only one I like with the big mouth is Cyrus, although she's still just a hillbilly with money. Not one of them speaks for real "Feminism" with their first world problem bullshit, worrying about stupid fucking awards and shit. They're like Oprah, "Oh, wow, I've never been to a Costco, before!" I have zero interest in what ANY of them have to say. Just shut up and sing. That goes for the guys, too.

Swift has cute cats on Instagram, though.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-25-2015 at 05:09 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Adele is the new Celine Dion. I don't care how well produced her album is. I'm sure the production is astonishing. I know she's got a great voice. So does Celine Dion.

"Someone Like You" was "My Heart Will Go On (pt.2)"

I know people in the industry getting really worked up because it's going to debut platinum, but let's be real.
    I don't like Celine Dion, and neither do you.
    I actually do not dislike Celine Dion. I read an interesting article about this the other day in Salon I think, I'd have to go find it, about how people slag Dion for all kinds of reasons which seem to stem from her being uncool probably because of her Quebec and cultural roots which leads to people not really "getting" her so there is a cultural disconnect because people assume she is not "genuine" but I guess she's the real deal but she's just the Quebecois Debbie Gibson or something to Americans. Dion's voice is flawless, she's pretty much single-handedly rescued Vegas, yet we continue to slag her. The author of this article grouped her in with "people we hate because they're not cool."

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I actually do not dislike Celine Dion. I read an interesting article about this the other day in Salon I think, I'd have to go find it, about how people slag Dion for all kinds of reasons which seem to stem from her being uncool probably because of her Quebec and cultural roots which leads to people not really "getting" her so there is a cultural disconnect because people assume she is not "genuine" but I guess she's the real deal but she's just the Quebecois Debbie Gibson or something to Americans. Dion's voice is flawless, she's pretty much single-handedly rescued Vegas, yet we continue to slag her. The author of this article grouped her in with "people we hate because they're not cool."
    Ah but come on, nobody is really saying "Celine Dion sucks because she's from Quebec."

She's just the ultimate melodramatic female schmaltz. Just like Adele. Just like Barbara Streisand. Just like Whitney Houston.
    The male equivalent is Brian Adams, and the modern updated version of that is probably some pop-country version of Brian Adams that talks about trucks and name-drops Facebook.

And I'm not saying that because Brian Adams is also from Canada.

or Bruno Mars, or Jason Mraz, or John Mayer, or what-the-fuckever.... it's just awful pedantic overly emotive bullshit

But I'm getting a little sick of people saying that Taylor Swift and Adele are interesting. It's not interesting music.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-25-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I have to say I can't stand "my heart will go on". I thought Titanic was an overblown film though, the death knell of me liking James Cameron films, I think it sent him up his own backside. I haven't liked any of his films since then

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Ah but come on, nobody is really saying "Celine Dion sucks because she's from Quebec."
    No no no, that's not what I said...

Wait, I'll go find the article, it's kind of hilarious but I get it.

Here it is.

Did Dion even WRITE "My Heart Will Go On?" or did she just SING it and was hired to do it for the film? Answer: She didn't write it or produce it, she just sang it.

AND BARBRA STREISAND? Dude, she has an entire fucking catalog from before you were born that you are ignoring that did not include a bunch of "Evergreen" schmaltz. That woman can out-sing any pop and jazz singer currently on this fucking planet.

Okay, and she's a huge part of my childhood, LOL

My little brother and I used to BELT this song hahaha

I mean, just because you don't LIKE jazz or broadway vocals doesn't mean it's "shit."

Diana Krall is currently rated as one of the best jazz pianists and vocalists in the world, but on THIS board full of Nine Inch Nails fans, they may not really "get" her and may think she's just boring (lots of people only know her as being married to Elvis Costello)

I think people's ideas of "interesting" greatly varies and depends on what you're into. I think hours of Philip Glass "Glassworks" is hugely "interesting" but I know people who find that to be mind-numbingly boring. I find jazz and classical to be far more "interesting" than anything I hear today but most people find a lot of that to be "boring." It's all dependent on your own taste, musical and educational backgrounds, personality, etc.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-25-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I mean, just because you don't LIKE jazz or broadway vocals doesn't mean it's "shit."
    This entire thread is literally built around that premise. Well, not jazz and Broadway specifically, but you know.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I mean, just because you don't LIKE jazz
    I don't like Jazz?!

or broadway vocals
    Well, not personally my thing really, but even on that level, I'll take Sarah Brightman or whatever over the overblown appreciation people have for Streisand.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I liked maybe 5 or 6 songs by Celine Dion while in middle school. My older sister had some sort of best-of album of hers.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I don't like Jazz?!
    Not YOU, personally, but whomever

I'll take Sarah Brightman or whatever over the overblown appreciation people have for Streisand.
    Sarah Brightman (and anybody associated with Andrew Lloyd Webber) makes me want to throw myself into a wood chipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    This entire thread is literally built around that premise. Well, not jazz and Broadway specifically, but you know.
    Well, no, we originally meant it to be REAL shit. Like, not just personal preference shit but ACTUAL shit .. like Creed.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-25-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm not a fan of Celine Dion but she does have her moments. After all, there's worse to come from Canada like Justin Bieber.

And it's Crud, not Creed.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    someone who has even the slightest sense of the music i like please give me a reason to like primus.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    someone who has even the slightest sense of the music i like please give me a reason to like primus.

Wouldnt that be more "controversial" than shitty?

Cant say I'm a fan of Primus, but thinking that Les Claypool sucks is beyond me. Amazing bassist.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Sarah Brightman (and anybody associated with Andrew Lloyd Webber) makes me want to throw myself into a wood chipper.
    Sarah Brightman is responsible for this camp masterpiece, so she's done SOMETHING good:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Primus sucks! *wink wink*

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    Primus sucks! *wink wink*
    So does KMFDM.