Page 64 of 131 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 3914

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^I posted it on the "Random Stupidity, Post-Apocalypse Edition" thread a few weeks ago but i'm glad you brought it back because it's funny and true...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Dashboard Confessional are fucking trash.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Thanks to my girlfriend for this post (she even said and I quote "here's for your Nickelback thread").

What the fuck is this garbage?
    This song is pretty bad/poppy, but holy hell do I love her weird random album she put out in 2012.

At times it sounds like Laurel Halo and Katy Perry had a baby.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Dashboard Confessional are fucking trash.
    My sister used to love that band along with a lot of the emo bands in the early 2000s like Saves the Day. She was also into Bush because of Gavin Rossdale. She has very shitty taste.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    WHAT THE FUCK HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE

Fuck you "Metro Station." Somehow, you pulled it off. You are the worst band of all time.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I thought Vans Warped Tour was a punk festival? What is this shit?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I thought Vans Warped Tour was a punk festival? What is this shit?
    going to the Vans Warped Festival is about as "punk" as getting spit-roasted by the Koch brothers.

Seriously though, that song takes it to a whole new level. There's the auto-tune talk-singing, the shitty bland instrumentation, the lame fluffy non-threatening feel in general, the general shittiness, and then there's the fucking lyrics.

What the fuck is this song? You have a song called Seventeen Forever that features lyrics like:

"This is wrong but who am I to judge?
    Let's not ask why it's not right
    You won't be seventeen forever
    and we can get away with this tonight...
    You are young and I am scared"

WHAT THE FUCK?! Is this a new genre of music? Pedo-pop-punk?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Somebody tell this bitch she sucks lately...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post

Too bad David Lee Roth didn't make a cameo in that.

Awful. And I actually like some of Madonna's work.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Ke$ha's gonna be pissed off to learn a 50-something year old just stole one of her future radio songs.

Ugh.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I love Madonna but Rebel Heart was really bad.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I would tell her to fucking retire because this egomania shit is over. Hanging around with a bunch of no-talent skanks isn't helping her. There is still a use for her. I hear David Bowie, Bob Dylan, and Cher need a new toilet. I used to like Madonna but now, she's a joke.
    Last edited by thevoid99; 06-20-2015 at 06:34 PM. Reason: wanted to add something.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

I like it, it's fun and really catchy

Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    I love Madonna but Rebel Heart was really bad.
    Pitchfork didn't hate it
    Last edited by allegro; 06-20-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, that's terrible! Gonna have to go watch the Cherish video to remove it from my mind.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New Madonna kind of reminds me of Michael Jackson's 2001 comeback album, Invincible--an aging pop-star trying too hard to sound hip. Maybe I'm just getting old, but it seems like most of the pop music that I have been exposed to over the last ten years--Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Minag, etc., is just shit. Early Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, even crap like Wang Chung was fun. This new pop music is pretty unlistenable--it's all so generic, as though really anyone could sing it, repetitive and in-your-face.

Although I will say I am a fan of Taylor Swift's 1989 album. It's totally a guilty pleasure--but her music is pure ear-candy.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 06-21-2015 at 07:37 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Katy Perry is awesome, and Prism is the best thing she's ever done: I can't wait for the next one.
    Yes, it's totally processed, and artificial-sounding, but the songwriting is tight and catchy, and feels both fresh and classic; she has a massive voice which rules, and the lyrics are frequently witty.
    I'd love her to make a rock album, this guy even wants her to do metal: http://noisey.vice.com/blog/dear-kat...t-a-metal-band

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I respect your opinion, but I can't stand her music. But I like Poison and Warrant, so what do I know?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    And I like Limp Bizkit and Kesha: it's all good.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Katy Perry is awesome
    Katy Perry has an undeniable coolness factor to her- I could be way off since I don't know her (duh) but she comes across as real, someone that would be fun to hang out with.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Katy Perry has an undeniable coolness factor to her- I could be way off since I don't know her (duh) but she comes across as real, someone that would be fun to hang out with.
    I'd say the same about Bernie Sanders, but that doesn't mean he is musically talented.

@2:57

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I'd say the same about Bernie Sanders, but that doesn't mean he is musically talented.

Yeah, wasn't necessarily speaking about her music, although I don't mind some of it to be honest. Just find her persona likable unlike say Taylor Swift who comes across as fake and corporate.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Her personality is a little wacky, and fun-loving, and she doesn't take herself too seriously, and this comes across in her music.
    I'd love to see her push it even further in the future.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    New Madonna kind of reminds me of Michael Jackson's 2001 comeback album, Invincible--an aging pop-star trying too hard to sound hip. Maybe I'm just getting old, but it seems like most of the pop music that I have been exposed to over the last ten years--Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Minag, etc., is just shit. Early Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, even crap like Wang Chung was fun. This new pop music is pretty unlistenable--it's all so generic, as though really anyone could sing it, repetitive and in-your-face.

Although I will say I am a fan of Taylor Swift's 1989 album. It's totally a guilty pleasure--but her music is pure ear-candy.
    I agree, to be fair: Madonna always copies the current "trends", but she used to do it in a more elegant way (the song BJORK wrote for her in the 90's is an example of her doing "different stuff" in a good way...).
    But man... lately it's like she's desperate, it isn't about the music being pop (I love Lady Gaga and Kathy Perry), it's just that it's bad and forced, even Miley has some credibility because she's a dumb kid (just like his songs are meant to be just for dumb kids).
    But there's no way to get into this: what's her target? 17 year old kids who could be their grandsons?, Nicky Minaj fans that are into anything they put out?, their old 80's fans that used to dig "La Isla Bonita"?.
    It's just bad music, even for it's standards, and the video is a disgrace, i'm glad i'll never have hear the whole album in my life!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Give me a fucking break. "Confessions on a Dance Floor" was a GREAT album, sold MILLIONS of copies and was critically aclaimed. Madonna's been doing EDM since 2005. Wtf

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Give me a fucking break. "Confessions on a Dance Floor" was a GREAT album, sold MILLIONS of copies and was critically aclaimed. Madonna's been doing EDM since 2005. Wtf
    YES.

confessions is amazing.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    YES.

confessions is amazing.
    Actually, Ray of Light was pretty fucking great, too (1998, also EDM). Shit, Madonna has been doing EDM since her first fucking album.

That "Confessions" tour, OMG, one of the best shows I've ever seen, you could see it from outer space.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-21-2015 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    going to the Vans Warped Festival is about as "punk" as getting spit-roasted by the Koch brothers.

Seriously though, that song takes it to a whole new level. There's the auto-tune talk-singing, the shitty bland instrumentation, the lame fluffy non-threatening feel in general, the general shittiness, and then there's the fucking lyrics.

What the fuck is this song? You have a song called Seventeen Forever that features lyrics like:

"This is wrong but who am I to judge?
    Let's not ask why it's not right
    You won't be seventeen forever
    and we can get away with this tonight...
    You are young and I am scared"

WHAT THE FUCK?! Is this a new genre of music? Pedo-pop-punk?
    Vans Warped Tour in the 90's was decent enough and featured punk-revival and some decent punk acts. It's devolved into a generic radio rock "pop" punk festival outlet. You couldn't pay me enough to go to one.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Actually, Ray of Light was pretty fucking great, too (1998, also EDM). Shit, Madonna has been doing EDM since her first fucking album.

That "Confessions" tour, OMG, one of the best shows I've ever seen, you could see it from outer space.
    erotica will always be my favorite. amy schumer is opening for her nyc shows. i wish i was a new yorker.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    erotica will always be my favorite.
    My favorite will always be this one.

I remember seeing the video for "Lucky Star" on MTV when she was a nobody and thinking "Holy shit, this chick is gonna be HUGE." The new video is like a campy retrospect of her entire career (including Beyonce "voguing" LOL).

I love Erotica but I can't think of it without thinking of Wayne's World. "Look at the UNIT on that guy!" We have the Sex Book in pristine condition.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-21-2015 at 10:20 PM.