Page 59 of 131 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 3914

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My mates got me T in The Park tickets for this year. Noel "my interviews are more interesting than my piss boring albums" Gallagher is playing this year, and fucking Kasabian.......if there is a god, then please fucking help me. I'll have me headphones on most of the weekend...LOL!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like both cover songs.

Brickhouse playing after the horrific last scene of House of 1000 Corpses is a favorite change in tone to me haha.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Got no real "beef" with "Brickhouse", but hate the fuck out of "Blitzkrieg Pop", even his boring cover of "We're an american band" is better than those dumb beats he used for the song...

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I liked "I'm Your Boogie Man"...

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    That's a good one, actually...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    My mates got me T in The Park tickets for this year. Noel "my interviews are more interesting than my piss boring albums" Gallagher is playing this year, and fucking Kasabian.......if there is a god, then please fucking help me. I'll have me headphones on most of the weekend...LOL!
    i love "vlad the impaler" by kasabian (probably mostly because of noel fielding in the video...but the song is actually pretty good!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    Enter Shikari, Seasick Steve, Marmozets, Hot Chip, St. Vincent and Fatboy Slim are there, so they should be great. But other than that, all power to you, I'd have to be paid a large amount of money to see that shitty lineup.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    But nobody actually likes him... right?
    I like a few of his songs … somebody has to go against the tide, right?

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i saw him twice. once opening for King Crimson and once just by himself. both times were absolutely incredible, and i believe with the same band members. a drummer, a chapman stick player, and jpj, who played a 5-string, 6-string, & 8-string bass, a pedal steel guitar, and a mandolin. i have two of his albums, Zooma & The Thunderthief and they're both fantastic.
    Huh. The only post-Zep work I was aware of was Them Crooked Vultures (which I liked). I'll have to check those albums out.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Hate this song and I seem to hear it a lot in ads and promos:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Me too, it's everywhere but I can feel/tell it's their one hit wonder then they'll fade out into no man's land where they belong.

This could be controversial but...

I cannot stand The Eagles and they have absolutely refused to give me a good/hit song that is enjoyable. Their side projects all suck ass too. Yuck. Awful "classic rock" if I ever heard it. Utter shit.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Me too, it's everywhere but I can feel/tell it's their one hit wonder then they'll fade out into no man's land where they belong.

This could be controversial but...

I cannot stand The Eagles and they have absolutely refused to give me a good/hit song that is enjoyable. Their side projects all suck ass too. Yuck. Awful "classic rock" if I ever heard it. Utter shit.
    I think that the Eagles are overrated and am not a huge fan myself. I like some of their songs. I've always liked "New York Minute," from Henley's solo career.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I like the "Hotel California" album and that's it, and even that one is overrated, "Creedence Clearwater Revival" were a so much better group from that era and much more entertaining too...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    i think some of don henley's solo stuff is hilariously dated and i love 80s music so it's fun to listen to if i'm just, like, doing dishes or being goofy (you can't tell me that when you're having a drink and cooking dinner with your wife, listening to "all she wants to do is dance" or "dirty laundry" doesn't make you laugh and just have a good time). but i don't think it's GOOD music by any means.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Eagles are overrated... though I enjoyed the documentary about them and some of their songs. I don't think they're that great. Yet, this moment gave me validation into believing that it's OK not to like the Eagles....

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Eagles do seem to be one of those band's that a lot of people consider "uncool."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    That song is insanely catchy. But it does sound like it might get tiresome after a while (but not yet).

The Eagles do seem to be one of those band's that a lot of people consider "uncool."
    Yeah, I'd never class them as "overrated" … the backlash was in place pretty much from day one. They were the Kiss of Laurel Canyon.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Even by Nickleback standards... this is pretty damn low

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Even by Nickleback standards... this is pretty damn low

Yup, that's pretty bad.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Even Nickelback fans can't stand it.

So they've finally done it, a turd so odious that even their shitbrained fans can't stand it. Did they just solve some zen riddle?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I actually have to admire them for that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The Nickelback/Black Eyed Peas collaboration can't be far away.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just like animals
    Animals
    Like animals mals

What!?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I saw bits of that video and heard the song.... goddamn.... they've actually done it. They've reached a new level of awfulness. I didn't think it could be done but they did it. Wow, they've really gotten even worse. I am looking forward to the Nickelturd/Black Eyed Pigs collaboration, just to see how bad it is.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I would like to thank Nickelback for providing me with piles of humor. That's so fucking horrible on a legendary scale, I laughed my ass off! Interestingly, the beat isn't all that bad. Unfortunately, the stupid lyrics and vocals and the cheesy shit mixed in for the last third of the song make it the worst track I've heard in a long time. Way to go Nickelback! You've outdone yourself.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Poor Thom Yorke, now Mumford & Sons are claiming Radiohead as an influence for their new album (first single sounds like Coldplay)
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...ew-lp-20150309

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^Ugh, i can't stand them, they are one of the most boring bands ever, i read part of the interview and got amused of how pretentious they are, they are just a glorified indie "boy band"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    BLECH!!!! I loathe Mumford & Sons.... they are one of the worst bands out there. It makes me wish that I could have 2 stacks of Marshal Amps, a Fender Jaguar, and some wah-wah pedals or something and just destroy them with noise.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Poor Thom Yorke, now Mumford & Sons are claiming Radiohead as an influence for their new album (first single sounds like Coldplay)
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...ew-lp-20150309
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    ^Ugh, i can't stand them, they are one of the most boring bands ever, i read part of the interview and got amused of how pretentious they are, they are just a glorified indie "boy band"
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    BLECH!!!! I loathe Mumford & Sons.... they are one of the worst bands out there. It makes me wish that I could have 2 stacks of Marshal Amps, a Fender Jaguar, and some wah-wah pedals or something and just destroy them with noise.
    one of the plays in the festival we're opening tomorrow is about an aging musician who used to be in a chicago-famous rock band, and he wants to get back out there, even though he's now married with a kid. it's a really well-told, bittersweet story. and there's a fantastic dig at mumford (and bands alike) in it:

"Anyone who'd want to start a band now is, like, 22. And they'd probably just want to sing sad choral arrangements while they strum their fuckin' banjos..."

it got a great laugh last night during run-through.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I don't exactly loathe Mumford, but their second album did strike me as tiresomely the same. Still, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I hear the new one. If I hate it, then maybe I'll start loathing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    As for Nickelback, their recent video and this thread. This screen cap sums it up:

Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-12-2015 at 11:51 PM.