Page 52 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 3912

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    You know, I love her. She's a talented bazillionaire FEMALE pop songwriter writing her own songs and making a bazillion dollars for doing it without showing her tits or her tongue or whatever and she's like a pop hit MACHINE. That song is about people accusing her of being a serial-dating man-eater machine. It's a good song! If you don't like pop, fine, but as far as pop goes, she's the current Queen.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'm not going to deny how much money she makes, but calling that song "good" is laughable (if you or anyone else like it that's fine- whatever gets you through the day) along with many of her "woe is me with men" crap. No I don't like "pop", but I can see how some people like it as the songs got stuck in your head.

Not sure what it is with that song, and I haven't even watched the video of it. :O
    Probably a combination of an annoying high voice and obnoxious "Ooohhh, OOooohhh!!!"

I'll take someone like Christina Aguilara(sp?) who actually has a good voice over her regurgitated garbage. Don't care if she wrote it or not- so does Nickelback- it sucks.

Fuck her, lol.

[/rant]

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    For all the shit Linkin Park has been getting over the years, they're Nine Inch Nails compared to this.
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Comparing Linkin Park to NIN is, simply put, fightin' words.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    No I don't like "pop", but I can see how some people like it as the songs got stuck in your head.
    Mostly "good" pop songs get stuck in your head. That song (above) has become a good workout song, and KIDS love it, they love to sing along. You're just not in her demographic, that's all, and that's fine. But it's still a "good song." It has the basic elements of a good pop song: good melody, catchy chorus, catchy lyrics that even kids can sing along with, a bridge. The Beatles would be proud. Yeah yeah yeah. Woooooooo. (she doesn't have a high voice, though, her natural voice is rather low for a female)
    Last edited by allegro; 12-01-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    We'll agree to disagree. Nickelback (the only reason I'm using them as an example is because this thread is named after/for them) songs have the similar traits too but people will get laughed at if they like one of their songs and deem it "good".

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    We'll agree to disagree. Nickelback (the only reason I'm using them as an example is because this thread is named after/for them) songs have the similar traits too but people will get laughed at if they like one of their songs and deem it "good".
    Well, but they're not NEARLY as HUGE as Taylor Swift, and "crap" doesn't win this many songwriting awards or sell this much.

From Wikipedia:

Swift has received seven Grammy Awards, fifteen American Music Awards, eleven Country Music Association Awards, seven Academy of Country Music Awards, and twelve Billboard Music Awards. As a songwriter, she has been honored by the Nashville Songwriters Association and the Songwriters Hall of Fame. In 2013, she became the second person (and first woman) to receive the Country Music Association's Pinnacle Award. Additionally, she has received two Golden Globe Award nominations. In 2011, she also became the second female artist after Carrie Underwood to win back-to-back Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards for Entertainer of the Year (2011/12). In December 2011, she was awarded the prestigious Harmony Award from the Nashville Symphony Orchestra for her achievements in music across many genres. In March 2013, Swift was named an immortal by Rolling Stone magazine. "If Taylor Swift stopped producing hits right now, at 23, she could tour a killer oldies show for the rest of her life," Rolling Stone proclaimed. In 2013, the Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI) honored Swift with its songwriter/artist of the year award. This was her sixth win, surpassing five-time winners Vince Gill and Alan Jackson. In 2011 and 2014 she was named Billboard's Woman of the Year, thus becoming the first woman to win the award twice.

According to Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), Swift is the second best selling digital singles artist in the United States, with certified sales of 65.5 million digital singles including on-demand streaming.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Good lord, really??? I must've really touched a nerve with a Taylor fan.

McDonald's is huge too, with billions and billions served- doesn't mean they make good hamburgers. Poppy hits and making a lot of money rarely equates to good music.

Whatever floats your boat and gets you through the day=cool. I'm done with this conversation (I hope).

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Good lord, really??? I must've really touched a nerve with a Taylor fan.

McDonald's is huge too, with billions and billions served- doesn't mean they make good hamburgers. Poppy hits and making a lot of money rarely equates to good music.

Whatever floats your boat and gets you through the day=cool. I'm done with this conversation (I hope).
    Actually, I don't own any of her albums or singles and never listen to any of her music (although I've been thinking about buying "1989"). But, I'm a feminist.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    My exposure to Taylor Swift is limited to Shake It Off and Blank Space. Both seem bland and generic (and strangely uncatchy and anonymous) to me and do not make me want to go any further.
    I read all these high-brow thinkpieces arguing how profound and awesome she is: OK, what do I listen to to get to that?
    Also: if you check the credits to 1989 Max Martin is all over it.
    So yeah I'm confused.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    My exposure to Taylor Swift is limited to Shake It Off and Blank Space. Both seem bland and generic (and strangely uncatchy and anonymous) to me and do not make me want to go any further.
    I read all these high-brow thinkpieces arguing how profound and awesome she is: OK, what do I listen to to get to that?
    Also: if you check the credits to 1989 Max Martin is all over it.
    So yeah I'm confused.
    Well, I dunno about "profound." Joni Mitchell, she ain't. She's mostly been in the country genre until fairly recently, although she's considered crossover.

And, yeah, I guess she got Max Martin to do most songwriting (and production) duties on this new non-country album.

This is one of her older songs
    Last edited by allegro; 12-01-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Well, I dunno about "profound." Joni Mitchell, she ain't. She's mostly been in the country genre until fairly recently, although she's considered crossover.

And, yeah, I guess she got Max Martin to do most songwriting (and production) duties on this new non-country album.

This is one of her older songs
    Speaking of Joni Mitchell. She nixed a biopic that had Taylor Swift down to play her, wonder if she just doesn't like Taylor Swift? Does being a feminist mean having to defend everything all women do or are you allowed to be fed up of Taylor Swift being EVERYWHERE. I wish she'd stuck to country, she's obviously gone pop after realising country doesn't get you that far except in US / Canada
    Last edited by WorzelG; 12-01-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I just think it seems to be the hip thing these days to give her a bunch of shit for being successful. People don't give male pop or country stars that much shit. She certainly doesn't need to go any farther than country, that's for sure. It isn't like she isn't successful enough already, at age 25.

Joni biopic, dunno, can Swift even ACT?

Edit: ends up Joni hates the book: http://www.avclub.com/article/joni-m...ing-jon-212408
    Last edited by allegro; 12-01-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I just think it seems to be the hip thing these days to give her a bunch of shit for being successful. People don't give male pop or country stars that much shit. She certainly doesn't need to go any farther than country, that's for sure. It isn't like she isn't successful enough already, at age 25.

Joni biopic, dunno, can Swift even ACT?

Edit: ends up Joni hates the book: http://www.avclub.com/article/joni-m...ing-jon-212408
    I think Billy Ray Cyrus deserves more shit than Taylor - I was working in a shop that played radio non-stop when Achy Breaky Heart was a hit, ugh. He briefly brought country and line dancing to the UK, after that country seemed to fade away again.

I actually disagree that male pop stars don't get shit, look at the disparity between people's hatred of say, fall out boy, yet they love Paramore because they fancy Hayley Williams? I think both are terrible (that still into you song with her dancing and larking around a studio flat, awful)
    Last edited by WorzelG; 12-02-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    But, I'm a feminist.
    this confuses me, because i think that taylor has done quite a few things to help tear down feminism. certainly, writing songs vilifying other women and encouraging the young girls who listen to her music to compete for the affections of men does nothing to advance feminism.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wow. Never thought I'd post anything about Creed, but goddamn.. Enjoy:

And the quotes that aren't in the video are soooo much better: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...inger-20141129
    Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 12-02-2014 at 03:11 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I honestly can't think of any legitimate reason to hate Taylor, she seems like a pretty cool 23 year old chick to me.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I'm not saying she's a feminist or has anything to do with feminism, although none of those things you list have anything to do with feminism.
    I think in Taylors interviews she has self identified as a feminist many times, this is a quote from the guardian:

“As a teenager, I didn’t understand that saying you’re a feminist is just saying that you hope women and men will have equal rights and equal opportunities. What it seemed to me, the way it was phrased in culture, society, was that you hate men. And now, I think a lot of girls have had a feminist awakening because they understand what the word means. For so long it’s been made to seem like something where you’d picket against the opposite sex, whereas it’s not about that at all. Becoming friends with Lena [dunham]– without her preaching to me, but just seeing why she believes what she believes, why she says what she says, why she stands for what she stands for – has made me realize that I’ve been taking afeminist stance without actually saying so.”

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I'm not discussing feminism in this fucking thread. You two missed the point that I am one, not Taylor Fucking Swift. But you're guys. Okay she's a talentless cunt I give up. The end.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-02-2014 at 05:48 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I honestly can't think of any legitimate reason to hate Taylor, she seems like a pretty cool 23 year old chick to me.
    Yeah, not really into her style of music, but I see why people like her. Her music is pretty generic, IMHO, but hardly the worst that I've heard.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I just think it seems to be the hip thing these days to give her a bunch of shit for being successful. People don't give male pop or country stars that much shit.

This is horse shit. Nickelback gets the most crap from anyone, everywhere- whether it's justified or not . And you don't think Justin Beiber (deservedly so as well) doesn't get a lot of crap? Taylor Swift has become a brand and a marketing machine on top of making mostly garbage pop country "music". Someone who becomes as big as her (male or female) with her face plastered everywhere just so she can make a buck is gonna catch grief.

I remember seeing this a month or two ago walking into Subway and just literally rolling my eyes:

Just another pretty face...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If you were moved by the Creed confessional posted earlier, you can aid him in his sudden quest to crowdfund $480,000 here: https://fundly.com/scott-stapp-album...-fiction-novel
    Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 12-02-2014 at 06:07 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    If you were moved by the Creed confessional posted earlier, you can aid him in his sudden quest to crowdfund $480,000 here: https://fundly.com/scott-stapp-album...-fiction-novel
    That is pretty desperate, has he been chucked from his record label then? Are Creed on a record label?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Not even $600 yet.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Came in here to see how many people were shitting on the new Wu-Tang Clan album.

Maybe it's a little early yet...
    Haha people are too busy getting mad over TSwift.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    So, is it really THAT bad?...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    That is pretty desperate, has he been chucked from his record label then? Are Creed on a record label?
    I think the other members have moved on with Alter Bridge.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Wow. Never thought I'd post anything about Creed, but goddamn.. Enjoy:

And the quotes that aren't in the video are soooo much better: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...inger-20141129
    WTF is up with that nosferatu filter effect????

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    He is speaking from the Afterworld.

walking into Subway
    Now why would you do such a thing?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    He is speaking from the Afterworld.

Now why would you do such a thing?

Its, by far, the closest thing to my office. I know, I know- I'm goin to hell.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If this doesn't make him look like a pathetic douche, nothing will..

Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 12-02-2014 at 08:57 PM.