Page 34 of 131 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I know she's hot as hell... but damn... that was lousy:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I know she's hot as hell... but damn... that was lousy:

I don't doubt the bad lipsyncing but I'm sure there's a delay in the video as well.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I don't know... at the end, when she does the retake, her lips match the music.

It's weird. It's obvious that she's lip syncing to a backing track at first because at the end she basically holds the mic at her side when the presenter comes out to restart the song. Also, I'd say that on the retake she really was singing, because her voice sounds nowhere near as polished as the first take.

But I don't think the issue was a video delay. At the end, when she's "really singing" the song, her lips match the words. If I had to take a random guess, there was an issue with the monitor playback of what she was supposed to mime along to.

While I'm here, her music sucks, and I'm tired of people pretending that she's somehow not completely bullshit because they think she's hot.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm guessing that this has been discussed, but this song (and video) is really dumb:

Misogynist and sexist videos are nothing new, but at least videos by bands like Warrant were tongue-in-cheek and somewhat funny:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, no. The context doesn't seem any different; just different eras and genres. Warrant fucking sucks.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I do like "Cherry Pie" ...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    What straight man doesn't like... "pie"?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I don't like the 2005 movie, mainly because Johnny Deep, but i digress... maybe i'll should start a "Shitty Movies" thread or somethin' :P
    Yeah. I don't like the remake either. It's pretty damn annoying to me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Yeah. I don't like the remake either. It's pretty damn annoying to me.
    I think it makes sense to be annoying to adults considering it's an adaptation of a childrens book. It's like how Spongebob to kids is entertaining, but to adults, it makes them want a lobotomy.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdinsanity View Post
    Yeah, no. The context doesn't seem any different; just different eras and genres. Warrant fucking sucks.
    I don't agree. The Warrant video is very tongue-in-cheek and fun. The woman (Bobby Brown) seems to be in on the joke. Sure it's sexist, but it's so over-the-top and goofy with obvious sex metaphors, it doesn't really seem openly hostile. It's a different story with the Robin Thicke video. The women look like they are being prayed upon by a couple of really douchey guys--and there is nothing fun or playful about it--the whole video just makes me feel uncomfortable.

Warrant were a misunderstood and underrated band, IMHO. Yes, those songs and videos were dated almost overnight when Nirvana broke through, but they were a good band. Jani Lane (RIP) was a gifted and under-appreciated songwriter, IMO.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    What straight man doesn't like... "pie"?

Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I don't agree. The Warrant video is very tongue-in-cheek and fun. The woman (Bobby Brown) seems to be in on the joke. Sure it's sexist, but it's so over-the-top and goofy with obvious sex metaphors, it doesn't really seem openly hostile. It's a different story with the Robin Thicke video. The women look like they are being prayed upon by a couple of really douchey guys--and there is nothing fun or playful about it--the whole video just makes me feel uncomfortable.

Warrant were a misunderstood and underrated band, IMHO. Yes, those songs and videos were dated almost overnight when Nirvana broke through, but they were a good band. Jani Lane (RIP) was a gifted and under-appreciated songwriter, IMO.
    I take it for what it is... a "dumb 80s song"
    Either of it's "serious" or "tongue-in-cheek", the video is hilarious and oddly it has become classic rock just like Ratt, Twisted Sister and Quiet Riot (I'm not a fan of any of them but if their "hits" play on the radio i listen to them and like them...)
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 12-19-2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Not enough 80's...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Agreed rhett... warrant is garbage and to quote spinal tap "retarded sexuality", but there's no rapey undertone

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Now there's a "sexist" tune:

by the way this movie is awesome! :P

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The movie and soundtrack are awesome!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    The movie and soundtrack are awesome!
    I know! it does not deserve to be in this thread...

I knew this cover, wish my "A-Sides" CD would have it... :/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Pitchforks best of this year is fucking weak, always had my issues with that website but they have always balanced out the bad by talking about good music, and introducing me and many others to good music and giving lesser known acts attention, but recently they have gone really weird.
    They are in danger of turning into the NME.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Kidz Bop is painfully bad.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highly Psychological View Post
    Pitchforks best of this year is fucking weak, always had my issues with that website but they have always balanced out the bad by talking about good music, and introducing me and many others to good music and giving lesser known acts attention, but recently they have gone really weird.
    They are in danger of turning into the NME.
    It was so predictable, besides mbv coming in as high as it did. If you look at the top 10s for each of the staff members, it's 90% of the same albums spewed out. I'd argue that most publications are no different though.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I detest Warrant, but the point about the Robin Thicke video is right on. I was pretty shocked by it at first, and I still don't know what they thought they were going for there. The strangest part of it is where he blows smoke in her face while she grimaces. It's like the entire "point" of the video was to seriously demonstrate that misogyny is cool.

Thicke's jokey dismissal of the controversy is pretty fucked too. Not sure if you have heard his excuse for the video, but he actually said "We tried to do everything that was taboo. Bestiality, drug injections, everything that is completely derogatory towards women. Because all three of us are happily married with children, we were like, 'we're the perfect guys to make fun of this.' People say 'do you think this is degrading to women?' I'm like, 'of course it is!' What a pleasure it is to degrade a woman. I've never gotten to do that before."

We're all happily married, and we even have kids, so it's hilarious when we treat women like shit!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Maybe Robin Thicke should have watched more Growing Pains when he was a kid and paid greater attention to his dad's overly ernest speeches on being a respectful, honest, good person.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 12-19-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't know... at the end, when she does the retake, her lips match the music.

It's weird. It's obvious that she's lip syncing to a backing track at first because at the end she basically holds the mic at her side when the presenter comes out to restart the song. Also, I'd say that on the retake she really was singing, because her voice sounds nowhere near as polished as the first take.

But I don't think the issue was a video delay. At the end, when she's "really singing" the song, her lips match the words. If I had to take a random guess, there was an issue with the monitor playback of what she was supposed to mime along to.

While I'm here, her music sucks, and I'm tired of people pretending that she's somehow not completely bullshit because they think she's hot.
    She wasn't lip syncing. The production crew played the wrong version at the wrong time.

TF1 & NRJ would like to sincerely apologize to NRJ double award winner Katy Perry for a technical problem that resulted in TF1 erroneously broadcasting the rehearsal mix of the track at the beginning of her performance of "Roar". Katy was singing live at the NRJ Awards in the Palais des Festivals Congresses in Cannes, but regrettably someone in the broadcast truck accidentally played the wrong mix which over-rode Katy's live vocal feed on-air for a short period of time.
    Last edited by jezstyle; 12-19-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_Ed View Post
    Pretty depressing, actually, considering that he died alone in a cheap motel, having killed himself with booze. It must have been hard to be considered washed-up when you're in your late 20s.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Poor Jani, i can understand his grief, still i don't think it's THAT terrible and he should be happy to write a song that made lots of persons happy...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 12-20-2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: f'n typos

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh God!!! The No-Talent Ass-Clown in his metal days. He sucked in metal, he sucked in soul music, and he still fucking sucks. I think every time people call him a "no-talent ass-clown". He winces every time.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I do like the Starburst commercial though. At least he can poke fun at himself.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I think even Starbursts think he's a no-talent ass-clown. I want to cause as much pain for him as long as he lives.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The National kills me. What the fuck...I don't have the capacity for the lowness I feel in that sound. What a drag.

I would've posted this in the controversial music opinion thread...but I couldn't find the damn thing fast enough.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    There's no such thing as good pop country, but this is so fucking bad.

"Put in my country/rock/hip-hop mix tape. A little Kanye a little T Pain, might just make it raaaaain..."

Fuck you, you fucking vanilla gee-shucks poser. Yeah, kudos on your oh-so-eclectic mixtape. What fucking decade is this? Is it a country thing to go around rocking a walkman while you listen to whatever hip hop artist is mainstream enough for you to name-drop in your shitty, shitty, shitty fucking song.

Along with that limp demonstration of how open minded this dork is, the song is vomit-inducing paint-by-numbers Country Pop shitkicking dumbfuckery.

This formula sucks so much. Here's another song about trucks, beer, something stereotypically country (like hunting or going to a rodeo or some shit), and hot country girls. All it's missing is a whiney rant about city folk. Fuck. You.