Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm a big Community fan, but Childish Gambino is some terrible terrible terrible music. Now that I think of it, I can't come up with any examples of an actor turned musician that didn't suck.
    Did you read the Pitchfork review of "Camp", it was kind of spot on. Donald Glover is a funny guy, but rapping about banging Asian chicks, being the only black guy around white guys, and trying to show how much of an outcast you are gets old real quick. Then again, Childish Gambino isn't nearly as bad as Mac Miller who is Asher Roth 2.0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *obligatory Tailor Swift mention*

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Jinsai! It's been a while since I've seen music you've posted that's made me want to blow my head off!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I can't stand most of the shit they play in the top 40, and Maroon 5 is always fucking garbage, but Moves like Jagger is ear-bleedingly bad. Fucking die.
    Last edited by imail724; 12-14-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary "the"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Limp Bizkit dropped by Interscope, 14 years too late.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I can't stand most of the shit they play in the top 40, and Maroon 5 is always fucking garbage, but Moves like Jagger is ear-bleedingly bad. Fucking die.
    I personally want to kill Adam Levine.

Here's why:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a big Community fan, but Childish Gambino is some terrible terrible terrible music. Now that I think of it, I can't come up with any examples of an actor turned musician that didn't suck.
    Zooey Deschanel's pretty good. At their worst, She & Him are just lukewarm, but they're never outright bad. She's got some pipes, too - a classic voice and some passable songwriting ability.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Oh, my, gawd. What, the, fuck.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    The end is coming... December 21st, 2012. This is yet another sign.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    What's with scenesters and their shitty electronic screaming shit? It's garbage.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "Sexy and I Know It" makes me want to go jump off a bridge. Why the hell do I have to put up with hearing it every time I so much as turn on a device with audio capabilities? Even for a "novelty" song it is especially obnoxious. And surely no-one still finds it funny, right? RIGHT?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As bad as some of the stuff that has been released this year is, Lulu by the Metallou Reed combo was by far the most atrocious music abomination I have heard in a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Almost everything that is "popular", that is very different to listen to a good pop album.
    I mean just listen to the radio or check MTV, they don't even put videos anymore and the ones they put are...well...SHIT.

I mean, when I saw the American Music Awards I want to fucking puke.

And don't get me started on Mick Jagger's collaboration with Will .I.am and J&lo.
    I LOVE the Stones, but Mick:
    WHAT THE FUCK?!?!??!...please, PLEASE go back to the Stones and stop making irrelevant shit with fucking assholes.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Mick's new supergroup "SuperHeavy" along with Joss Stone, dude from that one band that did "Sweet Dreams" that wasn't Marylin Manson, A.R. Rahman, and Damian Marley is as bad as it sounds. I would almost wish that they could just count their money in front of me instead of putting out a bad album. I'm just hoping he's passing time before another Stones tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Mick's new supergroup "SuperHeavy" along with Joss Stone, dude from that one band that did "Sweet Dreams" that wasn't Marylin Manson, A.R. Rahman, and Damian Marley is as bad as it sounds. I would almost wish that they could just count their money in front of me instead of putting out a bad album. I'm just hoping he's passing time before another Stones tour.
    You are right SuperHeavy is not "heavy"...ha!
    piece of shit, really, really BAD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just...no

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post

Just...no
    Oh hell no!!!!! What is wrong with rock music today? This shit sucks!!!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Made it 24 secs into the kid video before youtube had to load (shitty internets FTW!!) and had already had enough. This is whats wrong today, people waste good money on shit like that, seriously.

Theory of Shit Band have and always will be a bad parody of what they wish they really were, cool.

Lulu I haven't heard but i was reading some music magazine (uncut?) where the reviewer actually gave it 5 stars, and he sounded legit in his review, saying it was the best thing either one have done in some time. I wish i could have gotten the money he got for writing that. Sad, so very sad on all accounts.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    If we're talking about Childish Gambino, let's drop a mention to the equally as terrible opener for his upcoming tour:

What am I listening to? I mean, seriously. Dude, your voice. What is it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Theory of a Deadman suck. I've known this since that Bad Girlfriend song.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay, what the hell? I don't think I've heard such a blatantly sexist song. Fuck, even mainstream rap isn't that bad. Theory of A Deadman do need to be murdered.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    If you read Keith Richards' book, you get an idea of how long Mick has always wanted to stay "hip and fresh". It goes as far back as the Some Girls era when he was trying to turn the Stones into a disco band, and while that worked it hasn't repeated it's success since then.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    If you read Keith Richards' book, you get an idea of how long Mick has always wanted to stay "hip and fresh". It goes as far back as the Some Girls era when he was trying to turn the Stones into a disco band, and while that worked it hasn't repeated it's success since then.
    Had no idea that was Mick's intention. You'd think he'd want to make sure that he lets everyone know he's a God and not want to tarnish his legacy with shitty sideprojects.

Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    If we're talking about Childish Gambino, let's drop a mention to the equally as terrible opener for his upcoming tour:

What am I listening to? I mean, seriously. Dude, your voice. What is it.
    He's not for everyone, but I happen to enjoy Danny Brown, he put out one of my favorite hip hop albums of the year.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Okay, what the hell? I don't think I've heard such a blatantly sexist song. Fuck, even mainstream rap isn't that bad. Theory of A Deadman do need to be murdered.
    They're like all mainstream bands. Nickelback's song Something in Your Mouth is terrible along the lines as it's just basically denoting that a girl having a dick in her mouth is better than anything else.

They won't play songs I like on the radio due to swearing and censorship. But they play stuff like this that's blantatly wrong and even worse in the long run morally, imo.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. I couldn't help but stare at it as if it were some kind of train wreck. Like Brokencyde, that song by Crazy Crazy Awesome Awesome has successfully grated my ears. Even their band name is an eyesore to me, not to mention the music video itself.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Had no idea that was Mick's intention. You'd think he'd want to make sure that he lets everyone know he's a God and not want to tarnish his legacy with shitty sideprojects.
    That ship sailed long ago, my friend...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^
    I rather like that, thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Does rihanna have a new single every other week or what? Almost every time my little sister is at home, I hear that annoying voice singing from behind the door (if I'm lucky) or just like that (mostly) and just as I finish learning the a song against my will, on the next day a fucking new song starts disturbing me.