Page 13 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

You suck, stop it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    What is it with all these new metal bands coming out of the woodwork with the exact same shitty logo? Cram the entire band name, typically a dependent clause lie "Until New Dawn Farts in my Anus" or something, into a square/rectangle shape - make the letters jagged and veiny-looking, almost to the point of being unreadable, and there you go.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...31150914_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...25327346_n.jpg

Cool logos, bro. Obviously filled with creativity and meant to associate your name with an easy-to-remember symbol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    What is it with all these new metal bands coming out of the woodwork with the exact same shitty logo? Cram the entire band name, typically a dependent clause lie "Until New Dawn Farts in my Anus" or something, into a square/rectangle shape - make the letters jagged and veiny-looking, almost to the point of being unreadable, and there you go.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...31150914_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...25327346_n.jpg

Cool logos, bro. Obviously filled with creativity and meant to associate your name with an easy-to-remember symbol.
    Because they're fucking hardcore, dude. DUH!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    theyre attempting to go for the traditional black/death metal font style that alot of bands have used over the years, despite the fact that they play tough guy mosh bullshit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yesterday, I heard the new Pet Shop Boys single "winner" and it was cringeworthy. It`s such an obvious pandering to the London Olympics mood, and so ordinary and flat. They should have quit a few years ago. I used to be a fan.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So, Stone Sour are coming to town and guess who's supporting them? Yeah, Papa fucking Roach!

I'm sorry. I have mad respect for Corey Taylor, loved his book, loving his interviews and I get a kick out of Slipknot every now and then, but I have absolutely no idea where he is going with Stone Sour despite one or two decent tracks. If it wasn't for his voice and stage persona I'd put them in the same bag as Nickelback. Awful, awful, awful. And Papa Roach? Don't even get me started!

On another note: After years of collecting and buying records I'm ashamed of how much shitty stuff I used to listen to and spend good money for. Think I'm going on a sell-rage on amazon this evening. A few pennies are worth more than some of the atrocities that collected dust on my shelf.
    Last edited by dlb; 09-03-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Is there seriously an Orgy thread on the front page of the musical revolution? I thought most of us had already graduated high school?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Is there seriously an Orgy thread on the front page of the musical revolution? I thought most of us had already graduated high school?
    But at the same time there are also Linkin Park, Tool and Deftones threads. Why are you so surprised?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    At least Deftones are credible, and Tool to an extent. I mean I get shit like Stabbing Westward (not really) or would sorta justify a Gravity Kills thread, Orgy is where I draw the line. C'mon guys, it's not 2001 anymore.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Read the Controversial Opinions thread, we had that conversation 3 weeks ago. And tolerance won.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That Gangnam Style song needs to piss off...right about...

Now.

Now.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm tired of hearing about it (don't know one note of it otherwise).

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I too have never heard of this Gangnam style. What the fuck is it?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I too have never heard of this Gangnam style. What the fuck is it?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Did it start in the U.S. because of SNL? That's the first time I'd ever heard of it (reading reviews of the show).

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I posted the original video of that song on my friend's Facebook. He genuinely threatened me with not talking to me anymore. For real.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Just think of the possibilities...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I heard about 26 seconds of that Gagnam style... that's just fucking stupid. And Beiber, that kid is a dick.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It was the video. It's amusing the first time or two you see it, but then you notice it playing in the supermarket and see someone doing that horsey dance in the produce section and you want to grab a tube of wasabi paste and rub it into every mucous membrane they possess.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    So, Stone Sour are coming to town and guess who's supporting them? Yeah, Papa fucking Roach!

I'm sorry. I have mad respect for Corey Taylor, loved his book, loving his interviews and I get a kick out of Slipknot every now and then, but I have absolutely no idea where he is going with Stone Sour despite one or two decent tracks. If it wasn't for his voice and stage persona I'd put them in the same bag as Nickelback. Awful, awful, awful. And Papa Roach? Don't even get me started!

On another note: After years of collecting and buying records I'm ashamed of how much shitty stuff I used to listen to and spend good money for. Think I'm going on a sell-rage on amazon this evening. A few pennies are worth more than some of the atrocities that collected dust on my shelf.

I think the new cd ia pretty rad.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    It was the video. It's amusing the first time or two you see it, but then you notice it playing in the supermarket and see someone doing that horsey dance in the produce section and you want to grab a tube of wasabi paste and rub it into every mucous membrane they possess.
    Your post wins this entire thread.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I haven't heard the new CD, but I don't agree.

Also, it's random, but the Hilary Swank /Gangnam Style collaboration could be awesome.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

Gave it a couple of spins and I think it's a quite good effort, but still... I have no clue why he clings onto Stone Sour de way he does. May comparsion might have been too harsh, but still a good majority of the songs are way to cheesy and radio-rock for my taste. I'm more okay with their self titled and some of the early demos are fun to listen to.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Just think of the possibilities... (Pt. 2)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Gagnam Style is just the Macarena of 2012. Soon enough, we will have forgotten all about it. And I WORK in a produce section of my store... I'm now on high alert for a gonad doing said dance.

I just hope that it does not become one of the "wedding dance songs", they are cliche enough as is already.

Also, to echo Jinsai's earlier post on the last page: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...nkie_rant.html

Mustaine is such a fucking idiot...
    Last edited by poinoup; 11-23-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Wow she's like the Latina teenage Bubba Sparxxx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Just think of the possibilities... (Pt. 2)