Thread: BoJack Horseman

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tomorrow!!!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Oh shit, no way! This is back?? I never even knew! This is a nice pleasant surprise. This is hands down one of the best shows of this time.
    Now I'm excited!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On the Bojack twitter page I think they have pretty much confirmed that the show has already been picked up for a 4th season.....Annnnnyways I am so ready to get this season rolling.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    A fun, sexy time for the whole family.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I just finished season 3. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It wasn't as good as season 2, and I wouldn't quite go so far as to say it was great, but it was a solid season. I will probably like it more on a second viewing (that's what happened with S2 and now I love it).

Also, Spoiler: RIP, Sarah Lynn. You'll be sucking a dick, dumb shit. In heaven.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    This show is definitely worth a re-watch, as there's a lot of stuff you miss the first time around. Little funny stuff in the background, things like that I love on animated shows going back to the early Simpsons episodes.

It gets progressively darker, especially during the last 3-4 episodes. But it's no less funny for it. It balances pathos and levity like few shows have.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    New episodes drop September 8th

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    New episodes drop September 8th
    oh goddamnit. I was looking forward to the usual July release.
    It seems like shows being pushed back is getting trendy or something

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    It's finally time! Happy bingeing!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    so far, so good

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I'm just finishing up season four. This show is fucking brilliant.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    so many great moments. this season was fantastic. i love how it continues to make deeper insights into loneliness, depression, generational curses while being hilarious. The seagulls cracked me up.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    so many great moments. this season was fantastic. i love how it continues to make deeper insights into loneliness, depression, generational curses while being hilarious. The seagulls cracked me up.
    the part where you could hear bojack's inner monologue is precisely what it sounds like in my bipolar alcoholic head.
    And omg, the second to last episode had me in tears.

It just blows my mind that the most heart rending thing on tv is a fucking comedy about talking animals.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This show is definitely worth a re-watch, as there's a lot of stuff you miss the first time around. Little funny stuff in the background, things like that I love on animated shows going back to the early Simpsons episodes.

It gets progressively darker, especially during the last 3-4 episodes. But it's no less funny for it. It balances pathos and levity like few shows have.
    You are correct! I just started a re-watch from season 1 the other day to introduce my girlfriend to the show before I start season 4, and there are all these small subtle little funny things you miss the first time around, like the banner at Diane and Mr Peanut Butter's wedding that says "Peanut Butter is one word" at the bottom, kinda how you are explaining to someone over the phone how to write something and you give them instructions like "Jeff is spelled as G-e-o-f-f" and then they wrote that too, lol. Or the wolf in a t-shirt that says sheep (wolf in sheeps clothing). All these small subtle jokes that that a minute to get, but you will probably miss them the first time around.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    You are correct! I just started a re-watch from season 1 the other day to introduce my girlfriend to the show before I start season 4, and there are all these small subtle little funny things you miss the first time around, like the banner at Diane and Mr Peanut Butter's wedding that says "Peanut Butter is one word" at the bottom, kinda how you are explaining to someone over the phone how to write something and you give them instructions like "Jeff is spelled as G-e-o-f-f" and then they wrote that too, lol. Or the wolf in a t-shirt that says sheep (wolf in sheeps clothing). All these small subtle jokes that that a minute to get, but you will probably miss them the first time around.
    yeah it DEFINITELY rewards close viewing.
    there was a part where there were all these newspaper stories about Jessica Biel that were only shown for a second, and if you pause and read them there's a running joke throughout them.

Oh, and if you watch the creepers whenever the news is playing, there's some pretty good stuff in there too.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

If Netflix put out episodes weekly, that episode would have dropped this week.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    We don't have an Atlanta thread do we? We should have an Atlanta thread. I love that show.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Season 5 is out in a few weeks. September 14th to be exact.
    I'm really stoked. This is hands down my favourite TV show these days.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    No spoilers: Season 5 is wonderful, in it's own dark, twisted way. I was half checked-out on last year's season at points but this got it right almost all the way through for me.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    No spoilers: Season 5 is wonderful, in it's own dark, twisted way. I was half checked-out on last year's season at points but this got it right almost all the way through for me.
    Damn, you watched the whole thing already?
    I like to stretch the episodes out, like watch 1 a week so I can savor the show longer, lol.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think I've binged every season in usually 1 day or less, 2 at the most. Easier to do since it's a half-hour as opposed to an hour. I have a bad impulsion towards these things.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Season 5 was SO good.
    I watched it straight through like @onthewall2983

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I had the opposite experience. I was super engaged with Season 4, but I wasn't completely tuned in with Season 5. It was enjoyable, but I guess it didn't pull me in like Season 4 did. I'll give it another viewing.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    I had the opposite experience. I was super engaged with Season 4, but I wasn't completely tuned in with Season 5. It was enjoyable, but I guess it didn't pull me in like Season 4 did. I'll give it another viewing.
    Word.
    I guess, because of my struggles with pharmaceutical addiction and dark nihilistic thoughts, this season hit REALLY close to home for me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Word.
    I guess, because of my struggles with pharmaceutical addiction and dark nihilistic thoughts, this season hit REALLY close to home for me.
    Yeah, and dealing with abusive relationships with someone battling dementia was all too familiar.