Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2014.08.24 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheater

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2014.08.24 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheater

Mountain view.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Disappointed is still a terrible song and sucks live.....and I've been dunking so pay no attention to this post

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

At least our seats are good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got back from the show... This was a packed show.

I have seen NIN everytime they have come to the West Coast since 2005. I saw their performance at Outside Lands last year, and even though this show was very similar to the festival show (production wise), there were quite a few surprises in there for me to enjoy it. Sadly this one will be one of the last shows for a long time. NIN took the stage at 9:50 PM sharp.

Trent didnt talk much, said the usual thanks and that this is the last tour in the foreseeable future (haven't we heard that before now?).

Setlist:

Copy of A
    Sanctified
    Came Back Haunted
    March of the Pigs
    Piggy
    Terrible Lie
    Closer
    Gave Up
    Disappointed
    Find My Way
    The Great Destroyer
    Eraser
    Wish
    The Hand That Feeds
    Head Like a Hole

Encore:
    Hurt

There were no sound issues during the show and I thought the band sounded very tight. I really enjoyed the production part of it. Soundgarden was a good tour partner, they complement the NIN show very well (laid back straight rock vs Intense Sound Light Visual Feast). Gotta give credit to the crew, they are flawless when it comes to executing a complex show such as NIN. Took a friend with me who likes NIN, but this was his first time seeing them live. He could not stop talking about the experience afterwards.

Kudos to Chris Cornell for being able to hit those high notes 20 years later... they were some really high ones there!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    This show was spot on and 10x better than the San Diego show. Like everyone was saying in SD thread, there were just too many Bro's there and the crowd was kinda meh. San Fran on the other hand was awesome! I didn't record last night as it was my final show with my best friend and I wanted to enjoy the evening as much as possible (drink and such. Sorry for my first two posts) but we ended up sitting next to a guy named John who taped both sets. I got his email address so I'll try and get that recording from him in the next few days!

Highlight of the night was sneaking Ele (i forgot her ETS name) and her bf down from the lawn to 12th row Orch so they both could enjoy NIN's set from a killer spot. Tomorrow I head back home and get ready for the final date in Seattle!

Here is one of the few videos I shot last night......I absolutely love Eraser live.....

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 08-25-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes! The crowd was great! Sure, it was another night of Fuji, and I do hope that tonight we'll be treated to some Assault happiness. But the band was tight, Trent seemed playful and happy, and I had a lovely view - almost dead-center. I had a wonderful time!

Do those shouty, Bible-sign-waving protesters hang out at all Shoreline shows? Or did they make a special trip just to try to save us from NIN?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Great show! Loved Eraser and The Great Destroyer. So good! And I had fun meeting up with @DigitalChaos and @Magtig . Too bad we didn't get a group picture!

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

2014.08.24 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheater

Apparently I was posting in the wrong thread for this show. Trying again.....

I enjoyed that show. The glitch break during TGD was fucking awesome. The crowed stopped dancing during it though... wtf?!

It was great hanging out with @Magtig and @JessicaSarahS for a few hours beforehand. I have no idea where the rest of you Bay Area kids were hiding though!
    @NotoriousTIMP - I'm really looking forward to your recording! Edit: the recordings you found
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 08-25-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    12th row Orch ... killer spot.
    Can you please share how the hell you got these seats? I jumped on tickets the moment they opened up and could only find seats 10 rows up from the grass.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    also, i just realized the tour shirt I bought has actual hesitation marks across the front. I don't think anyone but NIN fans will notice but holy fuck I would not wear a shirt with a picture of a slashed up wrist on it. Just sayin...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    also, i just realized the tour shirt I bought has actual hesitation marks across the front. I don't think anyone but NIN fans will notice but holy fuck I would not wear a shirt with a picture of a slashed up wrist on it. Just sayin...
    That's crazy. Do you have a picture of it?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    That's crazy. Do you have a picture of it?
    I mean, maybe I am crazy but... that's what these are supposed to be... right? That sure looks exactly like it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I mean, maybe I am crazy but... that's what these are supposed to be... right? That sure looks exactly like it.

I didn't get "sliced wrists" from that image, without your pointing it out. I was expecting full-on bloody wrists, with rusty razors in a sink. It's a nice shirt, imo.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Can you please share how the hell you got these seats? I jumped on tickets the moment they opened up and could only find seats 10 rows up from the grass.
    I'm curious too... to me it seems like these seats never really hit the general market but somehow stubhub has them....

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I didn't get "sliced wrists" from that image, without your pointing it out. I was expecting full-on bloody wrists, with rusty razors in a sink. It's a nice shirt, imo.
    Er, let me rephrase. I wouldn't normally wear a shirt that depicts hesitation marks. Yet, this NIN shirt definitely seems to depict them in a way that most people aware of the HM album (and that this is the HM tour) would pick up on. You even have the smaller marks on the outside from the failed cuts.

Someone should get Rob to confirm this. I should also probably take this to the main discussion threads. It seems these shirts have been at all the 2014 shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That show was amazing. The best NIN show I have seen in years, way outpacing the dual Vegas shows last fall.
    I had not read any reviews of this leg and did not think much about it, assuming it would be the same as Vegas. Holy not so much. When Trent just ran out on an empty stage and blasted Copy Of A. The minimalist set, the sound. Spot on perfection.

I had seats in the second row. I got them from the NIN presale. If you wonder how? I bought them at work, and our Internet is super fast, like a 1 gig pipe straight to the net. That's the trick.

For or those that wonder, the deal with amphitheater tickets are much different. They sell season tickets to ALL shows for a summer. Really rich people buy them, and companies buy them. DTE in Detroit actually puts your name on the seats. A badge with your name, on the seats. Of course, "brokers" can buy season tickets as well, that's why you see tickets on StubHub like that. The rich people sell seats to shows they don't want to go to, and companies give them to employees.

Live Nation keeps anywhere from 10-20% of the best seats as well. They are never offered to the general public. That's where the NIN presale tickets come from. But NIN only gets 5% or so for the presale. The rest go to VIPs, celebrities, and yes, directly into the resale market.

Yes, this sucks. The promoter keeping 20% of the best seats is normal for all large shows, arenas, stadiums, festivals, ect. It's the season tickets that eat up the remaining 30% or more of the good seats. Buying tickets at general on sale, you never have a chance.

A great read. http://www.amazon.com/Ticket-Masters.../dp/1550229494

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    We got our tickets via the nin pre-sale

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Unlike most other NIN tours, this was the first time I just stayed away from any reviews of this leg of the tour. I attended both Outside Lands and the L.A. Tensions show, last year. Though there were no major surprises, with the set-list/set-up very similar to Outside Lands, I was still floored by the shear energy of the show. I had seats, in the upper level, and the energy was just as palpable back there as I've felt when I've been in the front for prior shows. I appreciate that Trent and the rest of his band were still able to infuse the songs (that they've played countless times) with the same passion, as they might have brought at the beginning of the 2013 Tensions tour. I also credit the crowd, who was fully engaged: No talking during songs, sometimes singing along and/or clapping in a way that added to the show. We were all caught up in the moment. If this is the last NIN show I get to see, ever, I am grateful they went out like this.

As for Soundgarden, they were excellent, as well. The crowd was into them, losing our collective shit as Chris still proved he had the ability to hit some of those ungodly high notes. In turn, the band fed off the energy and I got the sense that they were happy to play to a nearly packed crowd, even if a majority were there to see NIN. I'm also a fan of Soundgarden, dating back to "Louder Than Love," and had not seen them since their 1995 tour. They did not disappoint as an excellent complement to NIN: An earlier post noted that it was nice to have one straight-ahead, no-frills rock band playing before NIN's excellent visually enhanced show. I agree 100%.

Overall, a great evening, from beginning to end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Flickr pretty much sucks now...

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3859/...85e40e7d_o.jpg

This is the setlist from the stage.....

Here is a link to all my pictures.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/501981...7646870482841/
    Last edited by The_yeti; 08-26-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madison View Post
    Yes! The crowd was great! Sure, it was another night of Fuji, and I do hope that tonight we'll be treated to some Assault happiness. But the band was tight, Trent seemed playful and happy, and I had a lovely view - almost dead-center. I had a wonderful time!

Do those shouty, Bible-sign-waving protesters hang out at all Shoreline shows? Or did they make a special trip just to try to save us from NIN?
    You know it's going to be a good night when Jesus comes to protest the show.

I ended up in the second row on the right side and had a fantastic time. Both SG and NIN were pretty tight and seemed to be fully engaged and enjoying themselves. I'm a sucker for a good show with good energy and this fully delivered.

Looking forward to Portland and Seattle this weekend!