Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2014.08.21 - Chula Vista, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheatre

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

2014.08.21 - Chula Vista, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheatre

Soundgarden has been recorded....next is NIN

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the performance last night. The band was energetic and the crowd around me were into the show. My only complaint was the length of the set.

Ilan's bass duty during "Disappointed" was fucking tight! He had a serious groove going and I would love to have this version included on the eventual home video release as a bonus. TR's slide guitar during "Find My Way" was phenomenal. I really hope @NotoriousTIMP's recording turns out well so I can revisit these two performances.

I threw this up on IG, but will go through the rest of my pics over the weekend. *edit* Too lazy to post separate links: https://www.flickr.com/photos/slobass/tags/ninsg/

I'm already not looking forward to NIN's tour hiatus as it feels like it's going to be another five year break from touring.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 08-24-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did anyone else notice the asshole that got onto the stage during HLAH? Fortunately, security pinned him down off by Robins gear, but when they tried to move him he broke free and trashed the Macbook that was by Robin's tech (think his name is Chris) and slammed into Robin's gear. I noticed that Drew (head of NIN security) was being extra alert in Irvine last night, I'm sure as a result of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fragility3.1 View Post
    Did anyone else notice the asshole that got onto the stage during HLAH?

Ugh, I did. I didn't know about the equipment though.

The person I went with thought it was the guy sitting a little off to the side in the row behind us (making that C. ORCH K or something along those lines,) though I'm not 100 percent sure myself since I caught the tail end of him being dragged down by a ton of security. If it was the same guy - he stood on the chair in front of him a few times, got into an argument (?) with a couple people, spilled a beer on a few seats in C. ORCH J, almost landed on one of us after he fell forward during Soundgarden, and kept yelling out "fuck you" and singing Head Like A Hole at odd times.

It was a good NIN set, but that guy and the people who kept taking pictures with the camera flash on the entire time in the same row as the guy... well, I've had enough of the CA/Vegas crowds. Nothing positive to say on the topic.

I just wanted to enjoy Disappointed. :/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    He looked like the prototypical OC/SD bro with sleeveless tee, board shorts, plenty of fist pumping.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who felt SG was kinda flat and NIN stole the show?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He looked like the prototypical OC/SD bro with sleeveless tee, board shorts, plenty of fist pumping.
    Sounds about right.

Wish I could answer that question. Sorry. I only have two shows to base judgement off of, and a personal bias towards NIN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool Show

Did anyone else notice the asshole that got onto the stage during HLAH? Fortunately, security pinned him down off by Robins gear, but when they tried to move him he broke free and trashed the Macbook that was by Robin's tech (think his name is Chris) and slammed into Robin's gear. I noticed that Drew (head of NIN security) was being extra alert in Irvine last night, I'm sure as a result of it.

Hey there....Are you the guy with the blonde hair waiting for a poster with me? If so, glad you got the poster! That lower number......I got number 13

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yup, that was me. I looked for you after the show, but apparently got back there too late as Virginia said that you had already picked up your poster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    right after soundgarden was done i went to check and they were there. i told them to make sure you got the lower number. would be cool to facebook ya if interested

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I've posted my recording of soundgarden. Look at the usual spots for it.....NIN set will be coming shortly.....