Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62
Results 1,831 to 1,856 of 1856

Thread: Ferguson and general police misconduct

  1. #1831
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,907
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    I just arrived at the wedding venue, I’m about a mile from the arch and everything seems very calm. I know it’s still daylight and the violent folks only come out at night but hopefully this is a sign that tonight and the next few days will be relatively smooth for everyone.

  2. #1832
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,591
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Cops are around at all hours.

  3. #1833
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,767
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I am laughing (not a funny laugh, but rather the kind of laugh you do when a child throws a tantrum but then immediately trips or bumps its head. Basically the Nelson laugh) at the cops gassing themselves and trying to blame it on protesters. Typical.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-18-2017 at 10:28 AM.

  4. #1834
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,767
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

  5. #1835
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,360
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    this is so screwed up, ugh. wtf.

  6. #1836
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,073
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

    Ferguson and general police misconduct

    hey look, a cop having a very obvious panic attack and shooting at innocent people
    Admin edit
    Spoiler:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Jdp3Vtsao

  7. #1837
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,073
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

    Ferguson and general police misconduct

    full version:
    Admin edit
    Spoiler:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUrY38ZxEH0

  8. #1838
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,767
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Jesus. Remember when I said repeatedly in this thread that we need to change the way we hire and monitor police?

    Clearly, this guy isn’t fit for the job.

  9. #1839
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Please always put content warnings for graphic videos.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #1840
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,360
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    full version:
    Admin warning: graphic content
    Spoiler:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUrY38ZxEH0
    Ok now I’m not watching this shit

  11. #1841
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Ferguson and general police misconduct

    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Ok now Iím not watching this shit


    I didn't watch it either. The description is enough for me to hide it.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #1842
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,073
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    wtf was graphic about it????

  13. #1843
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Ferguson and general police misconduct

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    wtf was graphic about it????
    I didn't watch it. You posted that he's having a panic attack and shooting at people. Sounds Scary to me. I talked to leviathant and this is what we came up with. I think it's fair to warn people of the content especially if it's disturbing.

  14. #1844
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,073
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Jesus. Remember when I said repeatedly in this thread that we need to change the way we hire and monitor police?

    Clearly, this guy isnít fit for the job.
    Well you are going to be happy to learn what happened after this. I'm still trying to find a credible link that contains the full story... but the cops name is Justin Johnson. So you can google it.

    The people he was going after were charged with felonies. The police report doesn't mention the panic attack and says he simply saw someone with a gun (no weapons were found). A defective said it was "some kind of cardiac event." The felonies were dropped but other charges remain. The cop is still on duty.

  15. #1845
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,360
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    wtf was graphic about it????
    Okay I watched it.

    Nothing graphic in my opinion.

    BUT this sure as fuck is an EXHIBIT A as to why cops need an EXTENSIVE PSYCH TEST (OR SIX) before they’re certified as a cop and given weapons. Holy shit. What @Swykk said.

    While I fully respect that being a cop can be a difficult job, the police unions DO NOT protect us citizens; they protect the lowest common denominator / worst fucking employees.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-18-2017 at 08:17 PM.

  16. #1846
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Okay I watched it.

    Nothing graphic in my opinion.

    BUT this sure as fuck is an EXHIBIT A as to why cops need an EXTENSIVE PSYCH TEST (OR SIX) before theyíre certified as a cop and given weapons. Holy shit. What @Swykk said.
    Ok I just changed to just say admin edit. Matt said linking (not embedding) is fine but I think tapatalk just shows me auto previews and I don't want to see it.

  17. #1847
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,073
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I didn't watch it. You posted that he's having a panic attack and shooting at people. Sounds Scary to me.
    Sounds like I had a sufficient content warning then! There is literally nothing else going on beyond that unless we want to add yelling and bleeped out swearing. But IDGAF do whatever. I was just confused.

  18. #1848
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,360
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Ok I just changed to just say admin edit. Matt said linking (not embedding) is fine but I think tapatalk just shows me auto previews and I don't want to see it.
    I can’t even tell that somebody was shot in the video; it’s just a cop clearly having a panic attack and a very brave paramedic talking the cop (who’s frozen) into giving up his gun.

    @DigitalChaos , is the paramedic the pointing the cop’s gun and yelling at some distant perp?

  19. #1849
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,767
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Well you are going to be happy to learn what happened after this. I'm still trying to find a credible link that contains the full story... but the cops name is Justin Johnson. So you can google it.

    The people he was going after were charged with felonies. The police report doesn't mention the panic attack and says he simply saw someone with a gun (no weapons were found). A defective said it was "some kind of cardiac event." The felonies were dropped but other charges remain. The cop is still on duty.
    Because OF COURSE they lied in the report and the cop still has his job.

  20. #1850
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,073
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

    Ferguson and general police misconduct

    Yeah, the cool headed paramedics took over the situation and disarmed the cop. I was a little surprised the paramedic started pointing the gun and shouting but both paramedics were just trying to keep the suspects stuck where they were so nobody would get hurt by the volatile situation until help arrived. I also don't think anyone got hit by a bullet.

    It's amazing how both paramedics were insanely calm and in control despite not having body armor, not having a weapon, and having active gun fire from a fucking lunatic.

    Paramedics4Cops2017
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 10-18-2017 at 08:30 PM.

  21. #1851
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,073
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Oh! And the suspects are really poor so they couldn't afford bail or anything. Last I read is they had been stuck in jail for many weeks. I believe it happened in December 2016, so there has to be some updates.

  22. #1852
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,582
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This is truly horrifying and not for the faint of heart,

    https://www.facebook.com/shaunking/v...2731250099120/

    "Daniel Shaver was unarmed.


    Shot and killed by Officer Philip Brailsford in Mesa, Arizona. On Thursday afternoon, the officer was found not guilty on all charges and this video was just released.
    Many of us were aware of Daniel's murder, which happened in January of 2016, but the judge refused to allow the footage to be released until now.
    After you watch this video, which is horrible, you will wonder how the officer was not found guilty of a crime.
    Here's why. Police brutality is legal in America. Yes, it's legal. Two different Supreme Court cases protect it. And we must overturn those cases."

  23. #1853
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,486
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    This is truly horrifying and not for the faint of heart,

    https://www.facebook.com/shaunking/v...2731250099120/

    "Daniel Shaver was unarmed.


    Shot and killed by Officer Philip Brailsford in Mesa, Arizona. On Thursday afternoon, the officer was found not guilty on all charges and this video was just released.
    Many of us were aware of Daniel's murder, which happened in January of 2016, but the judge refused to allow the footage to be released until now.
    After you watch this video, which is horrible, you will wonder how the officer was not found guilty of a crime.
    Here's why. Police brutality is legal in America. Yes, it's legal. Two different Supreme Court cases protect it. And we must overturn those cases."
    Just saw the video. Made me sick to my stomach. Those instructions were fucking ridiculous. Fucking handcuff the guy while he's on the ground with his legs and arms spread.
    End of story.

  24. #1854
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    666
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Just saw the video. Made me sick to my stomach. Those instructions were fucking ridiculous. Fucking handcuff the guy while he's on the ground with his legs and arms spread.
    End of story.
    EXACTLY!!!! What the fuck. It sounded like there were at least 2 officers... one had an automatic weapon... are police so fragile and lacking in confidence now that they need to go through such a convoluted and unecessary process?

    As you were saying... once he’s on the ground, slowly approach and restrain him... or just shoot his damn arms... fucking sick bastards just want a kill... pretending to be soldiers in a warzone.

    and the officer basically created a situation where the suspect was giving him permission to shoot... consent... if you don’t do exactly as I say, you will be shot. Do you understand? Yes.. ok.. make one mistake and game over. What a sick insecure scum of a human.

  25. #1855
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    446
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What really puts this situation into perspective, in case any more was needed after the video, is what was inscribed on the officer's weapon: "You're Fucked".

  26. #1856
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    san fransisco
    Posts
    886
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    What really puts this situation into perspective, in case any more was needed after the video, is what was inscribed on the officer's weapon: "You're Fucked".
    that is correct again I'm more vetted in software. I've had to take polygraphs pee tests. why you're not given a any kind of mental health evaluation while going through the academy is beyond me. I know everyone in this country is now packing. the "war on drugs" has militarized our police, training is fear based not on conflict resolution. when is the last time you saw read anything evolving police where a gun was not pulled used.
    -Louie

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions