Page 45 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    the fuck are you talking about?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Killing cops is never ok. Killing innocent citizens is not ok.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Celebrating the death of anyone is never okay. It's pretty sociopathic.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ok, @Sarah K and anyone else who's palm met their face when they read my post about the NYPD cops being killed...
    i saw one of the cop's wife crying on tv, and then I started crying too, and i feel like a tool for posting what i posted.

Killing cops is not the answer. Killing ANYONE is never the answer.
    Some folks need few less teeth, though. Looking at you Al Sharpton.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Celebrating the death of anyone is never okay. It's pretty sociopathic.
    i wasn't so much celebrating the DEATHS...and when i saw these cops as actual people i felt terrible...
    i just felt for a fleeting moment that we were finally fighting back.

but this isn't the way.

hell, one of my dear friends in this little town was the sheriff...he retired a few years ago. he was named for my grandfather, we go to church together, he let me go anytime i got arrested ,
    family friend for generations.

i certainly wouldn't want him killed just for being a cop.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    The saddest part (to me) about the latest MO shooting is that through interviews, the kid's parents seemed to be under the impression that he was a non-violent guy who was trying to do the right things and stay out of trouble. In one night, you find out that your son has not only been lying to you, but that his horrible lack of judgement has gotten him killed. They'll never be able to talk to him about it. That's where their relationship with their son ends - finding out that he wasn't the nice innocent guy they thought he was.

I can't even imagine what that would feel like.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    The saddest part (to me) about the latest MO shooting is that through interviews, the kid's parents seemed to be under the impression that he was a non-violent guy who was trying to do the right things and stay out of trouble. In one night, you find out that your son has not only been lying to you, but that his horrible lack of judgement has gotten him killed. They'll never be able to talk to him about it. That's where their relationship with their son ends - finding out that he wasn't the nice innocent guy they thought he was.

I can't even imagine what that would feel like.
    this is a little off subject, but it sort of reminds me of a friend of mine who overdosed and died when we were young. he did great in school and wanted to be a financial planner. he was upper middle class and dressed nice.
    and the way his parents found out he was fucking up was by finding him dead from a speedball

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I guess this is the NYPD at its finest?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Hell, that's probably the BEST that scenario could have ended with NYPD. They're just something else out here. :/

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Here's more on NYPD Union chief Patrick Lynch

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Can't really do anything about this since guns are protected by the 2nd amendment.
    Gun related deaths stats are usually dismissed by the 2nd amendment supporters. It will be interesting to see if the fact that cops are now being killed more often by guns will change anything

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Gun-related deaths of officers remain below historic highs, and 2014 was lower than the average yearly figures for the past decade, the report said.
    Sensational headline to an opinion piece.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    "gun related death stats" always have a lot hidden under the surface. In this case, it wasn't even under the surface... it was one click away on page one of the cited study.

People just stop looking the moment they are fed something that confirms their existing perspective.

The awesome thing about this OMG 56% JUMP IN OFFICER GUN DEATHS is that the top ranking state was California... land of heavy gun laws.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wow, holy shit, that's really interesting.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    "gun related death stats" always have a lot hidden under the surface. In this case, it wasn't even under the surface... it was one click away on page one of the cited study.

People just stop looking the moment they are fed something that confirms their existing perspective.

The awesome thing about this OMG 56% JUMP IN OFFICER GUN DEATHS is that the top ranking state was California... land of heavy gun laws.
    Yeah, probably has nothing to do with the fact that California has the biggest police force with close to 70,000 officers...

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Yeah, probably has nothing to do with the fact that California has the biggest police force with close to 70,000 officers...
    Or how about the biggest population? That's another reason many of these things need to be normalized per capita. Considering this was a total of 18 cops across the entire US, it's an incredibly small statistical difference. Nobody likes to "marginalize" dead bodies like this, but you need to when discussing things like trends and social problems/changes.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Some related news from the bay area

Oakland PD use bean bag rounds to apprehend a guy running around with a replica gun.
    http://patch.com/california/rockridg...bart-station-0

San Francisco PD kill a guy with a replica gun who walked into the PD parking lot and pulled a gun
    http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...on-5993622.php

Protestors who blocked public transit for 2 hours are petitioning to have their charges dropped. Justification: because they are black.
    http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...es-5992024.php

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Footage of cop accidentally shooting himself in the stomach.
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/w...lf-in-stomach/

Best comment: "He saw a armed black man in the reflection of the elevator, cop instincts took over from there."

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    wtf!

Still doesn't top this classic

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    oh wow, somehow this story only popped up now.
    Back in march 2013, upstate NY SWAT responded to an active shooter situation in which they ended up shooting the perp. Pictured is one of them, who's weapon's safety is off, and pointing into their truck (wtf?)... and the biggest wtf is that his $600+ (yay taxpayer money!) holographic sight is ON BACKWARDS (aka nonfunctional). This means he has never used the gun with that sight, if at all, and it probably isn't even zeroed (rounds don't go where the sight points)... which makes the gun both useless and very dangerous.

SWAT officer attracts ridicule after he’s pictured with his rifle sight on backwards
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...backwards.html

larger image here: http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-conte.../herkimer3.jpg

and for those of you wondering what a holographic sight is, here is a gif that sums it up:

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    jfc

This is the kind of shit that demonstrates exactly why police end up shooting a higher % of innocent people vs criminals than private gun owners do. So much Barney Fife bullshit here. "only cops should have the guns" is the biggest load of shit in this country.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Police in the US Kill Citizens at Over 70 Times the Rate of Other First-World Nations
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pol...world-nations/

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Guy was forced to kill an unarmed dude high on meth, his reaction isn't what the bloodthirsty copblock douches want to see. Despite what so many people want to believe for the most part people don't really want to kill other people.
    (2 minutes 49 seconds into the video if you don't want to sit through his sobbing on the ground out of view from the dash cam)
    Last edited by tony.parente; 01-12-2015 at 04:02 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Definitely seems like a sad night in Billings.

I'd still be curious to hear exactly WHY fucking lethal force was absolutely required for a well-trained police officer to deal with "an unarmed dude on meth."

Of course, I wasn't there and don't know a thing about the specifics, but I'VE dealt with rampaging, methed-up, and violent psychotics before and no one even needed to get hurt to de-escalate the situation, let alone killed.

Shit happens and all, I'm just sayin'.

:-\

EDIT: I mean, jmfc...
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 01-12-2015 at 04:39 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post

EDIT: I mean, jmfc...

I know, I mean if only the guy wasn't hopped up on deadly levels of meth, wasn't being fidgety and wasn't reaching for things when the police officer clearly stated to keep his hands visible many, many, many times even after deadly force was threatened, and after he was shot if he had only complied instead of continued disobedience. But yeah, bad cop no doughnut.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    "Deadly levels of meth," lol.

The guy was seated and UNARMED in a parked car with an open door, ffs.

Sure, he was fidgety. HE'S ON METH, Captain Obvious. "Deadly levels," no less!

You can say that again.

If that cop had even just a LITTLE more self-control and/or, say, a TASER...well, he probably wouldn't be sobbing across a dashcam over the victim he needlessly slaughtered.
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 01-12-2015 at 06:06 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I know, I mean if only the guy wasn't hopped up on deadly levels of meth, wasn't being fidgety and wasn't reaching for things when the police officer clearly stated to keep his hands visible many, many, many times even after deadly force was threatened, and after he was shot if he had only complied instead of continued disobedience. But yeah, bad cop no doughnut.
    Maybe everyone in America should just prostrate themselves on the floor whenever they're in sight of a policeman, you know just in case.