Page 14 of 86 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Check out this dude shutting down these shitty cops. They tried to get him to stop video recording and they tried to get in his house without a warrant. Luckily, this guy knew his rights and told them to fuck off with the "stop recording" bit and the "let us search your house without a warrant" and the "show us your ID even though we don't have legal reason for it"

I love seeing this stuff.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Posting that stuff here just because it falls in line with police overreach and the growing ability for people to protect themselves with cameras.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I have them on ignore as well but it doesn't seem to work as well as I'd like.

I hope the federal investigation yields proper results. I'm still very skeptical.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Check out this dude shutting down these shitty cops. They tried to get him to stop video recording and they tried to get in his house without a warrant. Luckily, this guy knew his rights and told them to fuck off with the "stop recording" bit and the "let us search your house without a warrant" and the "show us your ID even though we don't have legal reason for it"

I love seeing this stuff.
    Oh well done! And at they end they just stopped and left. The change in their demeanor when they realized he knew his rights and was keeping calm was pretty striking.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    The "3 forms of ID" thing was probably the only thing that was weird about the video. I have no idea where that comes from but it seems to happen a lot with the "sovereign citizens" movement. I know of no legal requirement that cops have to show 3 forms of ID.

Many police departments are being trained about the right to video record due to the increasing popularity of this. It's really great.

I have dozens of these types of videos if anyone is interested Not all of them turn out as nicely. Many times the cops don't give a shit about the law and will rip the camera out of your hands and/or arrest you for filming them. Some result in some crazy twists though, like a traffic stop that ends with the COP apologizing for for speeding and using his cellphone while driving and using the "I honestly wasn't paying attention" line.
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 09-05-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Some result in some crazy twists though, like a traffic stop that ends with the COP apologizing for for speeding and using his cellphone while driving and using the "I honestly wasn't paying attention" line.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    That's the one!
    People give that cop a lot of shit, but if all of them were like that, we would be in a much better place. He actually backed down and admitted he was wrong. Granted, it was only because he was on camera, but that's exactly why we need cameras attached to every cop.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That's the one!
    People give that cop a lot of shit, but if all of them were like that, we would be in a much better place. He actually backed down and admitted he was wrong. Granted, it was only because he was on camera, but that's exactly why we need cameras attached to every cop.
    You know, that trucker was ABSOLUTELY right. The police are sharing the same space out there. I used to drive 320 miles each way every damned weekend along side those truckers, and that's their life. Some cop speeding on a phone texting? Come on. You're in trucker territory, not cop territory. Don't risk the truckers' lives. They often PROTECTED mine.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-04-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    In a weird "silver lining" (if you could even say that) this Ferguson situation is shining a large spotlight on police misconduct in this nation. Mike Brown is FAR from a martyr but I feel his death may end up snowballing into something that might actually spark some change in the few dirty cops out there. The times of the cops word over yours is quickly coming to an end, and that's good news for EVERYONE.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    http://www.newsweek.com/ferguson-sla...lawsuit-267452

Predictably, this is happening. Probably won't be the last, either and good for them.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    In a weird "silver lining" (if you could even say that) this Ferguson situation is shining a large spotlight on police misconduct in this nation. Mike Brown is FAR from a martyr but I feel his death may end up snowballing into something that might actually spark some change in the few dirty cops out there. The times of the cops word over yours is quickly coming to an end, and that's good news for EVERYONE.
    It's so much better now. I used to get so much shit for "only doing this to make cop's lives harder" and all that bullshit. Now people GET it.

Also, it doesn't even have to be like that. You can hold your legal boundaries and still have consensual interactions with police. I'll never get a chance to share this picture on ETS, so I might as well. I had 5 cops come to my door and ask if they could come in and talk (this has actually happened more than once). My answer is always along the lines of "do you have a warrant? No? OK, well let's talk outside." They were a bit taken back, but quickly understand that I was more than willing to help as long as they respected MY boundaries. In short, they wanted some security footage that I had. If they were going to be dicks, I'd have told them to get a subpoena for it. But they weren't and everyone was happy working outside my front door.

and this is my "security selfie"

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    “I wish someone would pull a Ferguson on them and take them out. I hate looking at those African monkeys at work … I enjoy arresting those thugs with their saggy pants.”
    “They are nothing but a bunch of monkeys.”

http://theadvocate.com/home/10181682...sed-of-sending

Yeah you can't do that.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'd prefer: "Yeah, you can't be like that."

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I'd prefer: "Yeah, you can't be like that."
    It's amazing how people actually have a mentality like that, they actually think those thoughts in a non-comical, non-ironic way. It's crazy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    “I wish someone would pull a Ferguson on them and take them out. I hate looking at those African monkeys at work … I enjoy arresting those thugs with their saggy pants.”
    “They are nothing but a bunch of monkeys.”

http://theadvocate.com/home/10181682...sed-of-sending

Yeah you can't do that.
    Texts sent to a "girl, a friend". She's obviously not into you bro.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Multiple shootings in NM. Cops were wearing lapel cams. No video available from any cops involved for either incident.
    http://www.koat.com/news/apd-shootin...849714#!bOZXmt

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That was almost a year and a half ago.

Also, it is a sad state of affairs when we have to post pictures of cops actually doing their jobs in an attempt to prove some type of point. :/

We all know that there are cops who are actually in that line of work for the correct reasons. But there are also a good chunk who are involved for all of the wrong reasons, and it's been spreading like crazy lately, for whatever reason.

I'm hopeful that the wearing of cameras will alleviate some of this shit happening in the first place, or will lead to people being dismissed in a timely fashion. I read that select cops in NYC are now wearing cameras on some sort of trial run. When they all have to start wearing them, that will provide some interesting footage!

Cops are there to "protect" us. But I think they just make most people pretty nervous anymore. It's always a game of Russian Roulette. You never know what the fuck you're going to get when dealing with the police.
    Last edited by Sarah K; 09-07-2014 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    That was almost a year and a half ago.
    It was probably expired milk.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    SarahK beat me to it. While delivering milk isn't the job of police, they should be acting as part of the community and going out of their way to be nice. This kind of thing shouldn't be so uncommon that it is news worthy. When you are massively inconveniencing everyone with a lockdown... delivering milk is probably the least you could do. I'd personally prefer to get my own milk and they can stuff the lockdown and mandatory searches up their ass. Milk doesn't make that shit ok.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    and since we are doing images from 2013, I give you this awesome 4th amendment flowchart. It was written and illustrated by Nathaniel Burney, a criminal defense attorney in NYC. It's in his book The Illustrated Guide to Criminal Law. More over at his site: http://lawcomic.net/

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Holy shit that was awesome.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Holy shit that was awesome.
    it looks like an abortion for anyone viewing on mobile (sorry guys!) but I really liked it. After browsing his site a bit I came across a "think of the children" shirt. The store's subtext for the shirt: "Politicians promise to over-react if you'll just re-elect them. From the "overcriminalization" chapter. Or, you know, yesterday's newspaper." Yea, quickly purchased his book after that I can only imagine the stuff this guy goes through dealing with that crap in NYC.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Speaking of police misconduct, the NYPD settled a case for $33k after mistaking Jolly Ranchers for meth.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Bronx police brutality situation. The DA has refused to prosecute the "disorderly conduct and resisting arrest" charges.
    http://7online.com/news/exclusive-br...camera/296032/

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Note to self: fuck NY

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Bronx police brutality situation. The DA has refused to prosecute the "disorderly conduct and resisting arrest" charges.
    http://7online.com/news/exclusive-br...camera/296032/
    I guess the lesson we are sending is that if you resist arrest you might win the lottery

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    I guess the lesson we are sending is that if you resist arrest you might win the lottery

Or your family might, because you'll probably be dead.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'm telling you that the cops here are just an organized crime ring. Haha.

"Stop and Frisk" is one of the most incredibly fucked up things of all time. I really don't understand how it is legal.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    Right or wrong don't resist arrest, take that fight up in court yo.