Page 53 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I will NEVER EVER live in the fucking racist SHITHOLE that is Texas. Newly-found video footage shows the cop slamming her head into the ground during the traffic stop while pinning her to the ground (for failing to use her signals), then she tells him her head hurts while he's taking her to the squad car. 3 days later, she's dead in her cell and they say she "hung herself." Yeah, right.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/road-tri...-death/853139/
    Last edited by allegro; 07-15-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Ugh, I came upon this story earlier tonight and I. . .I just can't anymore. How many more "suicides" in police protective custody must happen?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I'm speechless. Are police officers THAT nervous?
    They're all fucking insane. INSANE.

They're trying to suppress this video of a man shot a few weeks ago. The fact that they handcuff the guy despite the back of his head being blown out is just... I don't even know what to say anymore.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I will NEVER EVER live in the fucking racist SHITHOLE that is Texas. Newly-found video footage shows the cop slamming her head into the ground during the traffic stop while pinning her to the ground (for failing to use her signals), then she tells him her head hurts while he's taking her to the squad car. 3 days later, she's dead in her cell and they say she "hung herself." Yeah, right.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/road-tri...-death/853139/

I've actually thought about what if I got pulled over here. I've seen enough cops pulling people over and they drive for a mile behind the person until they completely pull into a parking lot or something away from the road. Nu-uh, you think I've done a moving violation, I'm pulling right over on the side of that road, not off away where no one else can see.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post

I've actually thought about what if I got pulled over here. I've seen enough cops pulling people over and they drive for a mile behind the person until they completely pull into a parking lot or something away from the road. Nu-uh, you think I've done a moving violation, I'm pulling right over on the side of that road, not off away where no one else can see.
    Unless you are a minority, you don't have any problems. This person was a black woman -- an EDUCATED BLACK WOMAN RETURNING TO TEXAS FROM ILLINOIS TO START A NEW JOB AT HER ALMA MATER -- pulled over by some racist yahoo cop. They now think SEVERAL people video'd this incident on cell phones; the cop is claiming the woman was "combatant" but you can hear her saying "you're hurting me, you just slammed my head into the ground" etc. and she's lying face-down in the grass and he's KNEELING ON HER. Because, you know, she's a negro.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-16-2015 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    It's a long one but it's worth it and definitely relevant to this thread.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Unless you are a minority, you don't have any problems. This person was a black woman -- an EDUCATED BLACK WOMAN RETURNING TO TEXAS FROM ILLINOIS TO START A NEW JOB AT HER ALMA MATER -- pulled over by some racist yahoo cop. They now think SEVERAL people video'd this incident on cell phones; the cop is claiming the woman was "combatant" but you can hear her saying "you're hurting me, you just slammed my head into the ground" etc. and she's lying face-down in the grass and he's KNEELING ON HER. Because, you know, she's a negro.
    I'm a woman.

When I lived in Massachusetts, I used to have drive through this very very affluent town (and very white) every day. If I saw a cop had pulled over a car, inevitably it was a non-white driver. I was pretty vocal to my friends and family about how obvious this was to me.

Between this woman dying and the swimming pool girl/cop story north of Dallas, am I getting that the qualifications for hiring and the training of law enforcement is meh around here or what?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I'm a woman.
    No, this wasn't related to being a woman, this was related to racial incidents in that area.

DWB -- Driving While Black.

But, yeah, it would scare if me if I was pulled over in a really remote rural area (which this wasn't) by an unmarked car. I'd want them to call for backup and I'd stay in the car.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Whoa, wow, that's just really really sad and disturbing.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Seriously. Now, I know what to do when I get pulled over. I'm a bit skeptical of the out of state plate comment. I drove around Texas with a Massachusetts plate for 8 months. You'd have thought the local coppers would have noticed.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I've never liked cops, not as individuals (although, you know, when your job is to deal with the worst in people day to day, you end up having views on citizens that aren't particularly savory and as a "civilian" that's kinda aggravating) but as an authority. People in power make me automatically wary, not confrontational, but heh I'll wait and see what you're doing with that.
    And that's the cops in my country. Those without guns, who don't kill people, unless they go run and hide in a giant transformer in which way, you know, it's less a suicide by cop than a Darwin Award at this point.
    The cops in yours ? Fuck that, I'm not coming to visit. I end up on the one cop who remembers the Freedom Fries and still thinks you should have bombed France at that point and I'm done. No dice.

How the fuck is such thing even possible, I don't understand. I'm not putting that on the american people, I'm putting it on the people, period. How we manage to just go on with our lives while people are being shot left and right because fuck you that's why, it's amazing...
    Last edited by Khrz; 07-22-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    I've never liked cops, not as individuals (although, you know, when your job is to deal with the worst in people day to day, you end up having views on citizens that aren't particularly savory and as a "civilian" that's kinda aggravating) but as an authority. People in power make me automatically wary, not confrontational, but heh I'll wait and see what you're doing with that.
    And that's the cops in my country. Those without guns, who don't kill people, unless they go run and hide in a giant transformer in which way, you know, it's less a suicide by cop than a Darwin Award at this point.
    The cops in yours ? Fuck that, I'm not coming to visit. I end up on the one cop who remembers the Freedom Fries and still thinks you should have bombed France at that point and I'm done. No dice.

How the fuck is such thing even possible, I don't understand. I'm not putting that on the american people, I'm putting it on the people, period. How we manage to just go on with our lives while people are being shot left and right because fuck you that's why, it's amazing...
    Unfortunately you're hearing about all the bad examples. There are plenty of good law enforcement officers out there too.

My grandfather was a cop in NY. A detective in the 1940-50's. Never shot anyone. That's not to say he was the nicest guy. My Dad says he was a pretty grumpy guy. Best job a grade school drop out Irish kid could get back then.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Unfortunately you're hearing about all the bad examples. There are plenty of good law enforcement officers out there too.
    But that's the thing : it's terrifying !
    And I understand that an institution like the Police needs to put a cohesive front, but for fuck's sake be cohesive on the other front,​ the "we don't choke citizens to death" one !

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I'm a bit skeptical of the out of state plate comment. I drove around Texas with a Massachusetts plate for 8 months. You'd have thought the local coppers would have noticed.
    Dude, seriously, again, you're not black. Neither am I. There really is a big difference when we're white. We get away with a lot more shit (in certain areas, at least).

A few months ago, G and I were driving my mom back to her condo at around 8 pm. It was dark, we were on Milwaukee Avenue, which is a big 4-lane highway at the point where were at, near the Chicago Executive Airport in the suburb of Wheeling (which has been known for a lot of Latin gang activity lately).

We were stopped at a stoplight, and there were two Wheeling police guys standing at the corner. We were in the right lane and, suddenly, the cops shone flashlights on the car to the left of us at the light. And we were, like, wtf is going on? The cops started motioning for the car to the left of us to pull over to the small cross street that was in front of us, and one cop went over and stood right in front of the car to the left of us, and motioned for its driver to pull over. We looked over, and noticed that the car's driver and its two passengers were black.

It was obvious that the cops were just standing there on a Friday night, profiling for black people in cars. My MOM was even pissed off, like, WHAT THE FUCK? And we felt helpless to even get involved, like "hey, did you just PULL OVER THAT CAR FULL OF BLACK PEOPLE JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE BLACK!?" There was NO WAY they could have pulled info about a license plate or anything, because the cops were just STANDING ON THE CORNER.

It was seriously fucked-up. The car's driver did as the cops told them, probably because they knew this game all too well.

My grandfather was a cop in NY. A detective in the 1940-50's.
    Sadly, things are a LOT different, now.

Go look at the video that @Deepvoid posted up there. It's long, but worth it.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-22-2015 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Dude, seriously, again, you're not black. Neither am I. There really is a big difference when we're white. We get away with a lot more shit.
    Dude, I know!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Sadly, things are a LOT different, now.
    t.
    Yeah, the Grand Father called people 'colored', that's what's different.
    Last edited by Dra508; 07-23-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That is a much better analysis than CNN's facile discussion this morning (CNN is the only thing on at the gym). The white talking head blamed the victim. CNN also skipped the first part of the video where the trooper asked her why she was annoyed and her response was that she had changed lanes because he was coming up so quickly behind her; the escalation started from the beginning of the stop.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...xposed-it-all/

This is super interesting re: NYPD whistleblower on quotas and manipulating paperwork.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Cincinnati braces for footage release in campus cop killing of Sam Dubose

But Cincinnati’s police chief said he had seen the video, and he said “the video is not good.”

“It’s not a good situation, I think that’s clear, and it will become evident once that video is shown,” said Chief Jeffrey Blackwell, of Cincinnati police. “We’re just trying to do our best to be prepared for whatever might come out of it.”

The prosecutor doesn't want to release the tape unless ordered by the Ohio Supreme Court.
    You know it must be really bad when they start preparing you in advance.

Here's the video. Shooting takes place at 5:55
    Video with sound starts at 2:45.
    Shit goes down so fast. I have no clue what happened and we he shot the guy.

Last edited by Deepvoid; 07-29-2015 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Added video

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/bo...nati-shooting/

The body camera video from Cincinnati was released, and the officer has been indicted on a murder charge.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Dude didn't need to use his gun at all. He should have got in his car and pursued him. As if he'd be the first officer to ever do that after taking a tumble.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Dude didn't need to use his gun at all. He should have got in his car and pursued him. As if he'd be the first officer to ever do that after taking a tumble.
    I guess the car was moving because the guy behind the wheel was shot in the head? It rolled away and came to a stop at a corner by itself.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @allegro , i'm white (obviously.) And i am dallas texas.
    And you know about the terrible nightmarish shit that happened to me when i lived there.
    It's not always about race. I was beaten multiple times. I've had two FAKE charges put on me.
    I've been harassed and arrested for no fucking reason more times than i can count.
    The dallas police department is a fucking nightmare. Remember the JFK incident? Not only are they violent and awful, but they are insanely inept.
    And a lot of the PD's in the suburbs are worse.

Now, i have long hair and usually kind of look like i'm up to no good. And i NEVER used a car in D town-i rode the bus and train, which took me to some rough areas. That may be why my police experiences in dallas are different than someone who drives a car.

All of that being said, TEXAS IS NOT A RACIST SHITHOLE.
    there are racists everywhere.
    But texas is fucking wonderful, and it's by the grace of god that i am a fifth generation texan.
    ANYWHERE looks like a shithole if you focus on the bad parts.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    it's by the grace of god that i am a fifth generation texan.
    No. You're a fifth generation Texan because the previous four generations didn't move out of the state.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Los Angeles is hellbent on eliminating the homeless. (The HOMELESS not homelessness.) By any means necessary. :/

Additionally, the homeless aren't seen as "people." Same goes for Latinos. The media glosses right over both.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Los Angeles is hellbent on eliminating the homeless. (The HOMELESS not homelessness.) By any means necessary. :/
    They pulled the same shit in D town some time ago. They fucking made it ILLEGAL to sleep ANYWHERE that wasn't indoors.
    So in essence, they made it illegal for the homeless to exist.
    There was this one church where the pastor was like "Try and move these people. i dare you."
    The cops didn't fuck with them. So the homeless posted up in neat little rows in the massive church parking lot. Sometimes it rained and snowed on them. But they couldn't go under a bridge or anything or they would be taken to jail.

I was REALLY glad when that mayor was over with.

As far as Latinos, Gustavo Arellano's been talking about la Reconquista for years. maybe it's time to go for it.

Sigh...fucking heartless, racist right wing fucks.
    I hate it that i'm so partisan. I hate to be so divided.
    But their shit, shit like you posted, makes my fucking blood boil.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @orestes , it MAY be because the man is homeless.
    But there are scores of cases that we aren't hearing about. Furthermore, it's been going on for years. I remember a story in the dallas observer about the problem JUST IN DALLAS that listed 9 or 10, including an incident where a cop's stray bullet killed a little girl, that had all happened that year, and that was, shit, 08?

There is another factor that we need to pay attention to.
    We are being manipulated.
    The media is picking and choosing cases. Then they are drumming up outrage for weeks, until a verdict is announced. They are doing crazy shit like announcing the verdicts at night.
    Furthermore, they have prior knowledge of the outcomes in some cases. I believe it was the eric garner case when the news graphic said "no indictment" before any announcement was made. Other media outlets were tweeting and commenting before any announcement was made.

They are manipulating our actions through our emotions, and it's WORKING.

I don't know why this is happening, but it IS.

SOMEONE wants to foster a spirit of division in this country.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://gothamist.com/2015/08/04/falc...gay_arrest.php

Staten Island man who was basically the victim of a hate crime sues NYPD. Good for him.