Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Nirvana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah I liked it thought it was very well done and it really was a montage of things in the form of writing, art, video and music that occurred in the life of Kurt Cobain. I wonder how much footage was not used and how much was taken away from the final cut of the film that would be really interesting to know. Liked it overall, I don't think there was too much in there that was shocking and revealing and some footage they used has been around for a while but the home video stuff was pretty cool to see and the recreations were well done. Definitely worth watching!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Montage Of Heck was excellent, but god, it was so unnerving to watch. There's this uneasy tension to the whole thing, even though you know the outcome. Great documentary, but I'm not sure I can ever watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    And the story about the "retarded girl", did they really have to include that??? This was really not flattering...
    It's not supposed to be flattering. Kurt wasn't a saint, and I think the documentary goes a long way towards showing that. It may not put him in a good light, but it's honest.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    This record is some powerful shit: haunting, eerie, and beautiful. Shows what an amazing songwriter Kurt was - from a different angle.

I think they played some in Montage of Heck - which I got halfway through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i thought the montage documentary was a fairly successful piece, there wasn't a whole lot of brand new info that would really surprise fans who remember most of that stuff happening, otoh it's a great intro (compilation of info) into kurt / nirvana for someone who is only recently picking up the band, or who will discover nirvana in the future.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Time to give Nevermind another listen. Because of all the discussions around their legacy, movies, books, etc., it's easy to overlook one key point, that album is fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    And the story about the "retarded girl", did they really have to include that???
    The Melvins' Buzz Ozborne says that story, and 90% of the movie, is bullshit.

I got to see Kurt in creepy home movies, and Courtney nude, which, for me, was akin to staring into the sun.
    LOL LOL LOL

God bless Buzz Osborne.

From Dear Guitar Hero:
    I’ve heard stories that Kurt Cobain used to roadie for the Melvins when you were first starting out in Washington. Is that true, and when did you first meet Kurt? — Miles Hunter Ray

I knew Kurt since he was in little league. We lived in a very small town and we went to school together, even though he was a few years younger than me. What originally attracted me to him was his dark sense of humor. We were kindred spirits. We’d sit in art class and he’d draw perfect representations of the art teacher being killed. We’d laugh our asses off. People don’t really understand that he was a funny motherfucker. He was not just some down, dour drug addict. Nobody laughed more than Kurt, and we had great times together.

I always think it’s funny that people say he roadied for us. Look at him! He couldn’t lift himself out of bed. You think he could roadie for someone? But we all hung out a lot. [Nirvana bassist] Krist Novoselic drove for us for a while. But roadie? We didn’t have a roadie. I didn’t even know what a roadie was until 1990. In order to hire someone to roadie you have to be making money. The first time we made money was in 1988, and that was $200. If we would go to Seattle and play a show and make $160, maybe we’d all go buy everyone a burrito. That’s it. There was no money.

And people also say Kurt tried out for the Melvins. Yeah, right. I’ve never had tryouts for this band, ever. I can’t imagine doing that. We all jammed and played together back then. It was hopeless and stupid and horrific and mind numbing. There are happy memories, but in the end it’s a tragedy. I can’t rewrite history in such a way that makes me feel good about it. Honestly, I wish Kurt would have never become famous and was still alive. I don’t give a fucking shit about any of that [success]. If that hastened his death, it’s the worst thing that could have happened.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-30-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Forget Montage Of Heck...

This documentary film fucking blew my mind...
    http://soakedinbleachthemovie.com/

Available on demand for only $6
    https://vimeo.com/ondemand/soakedinbleach/127608901

But holy shit!
    The facts, evidence, and recordings tell a whole other story.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    looks like the internet has given us a pretty present today, 14 demos have leaked today, some good raw stuff too. Nothing new or groundbreaking but damn it's good to have anything new from the mighty nirvana.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Hints to where I can find them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Hints to where I can find them?
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/0...online-listen/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    more stuff is coming out, it is apparently linked to a youtube user, he uploaded 4 more demos + the complete fecal matter it seems, it's now approx. 1 hour!!!

there is a torrent going on kat with the 14 tracks too, not sure if any of these have been leaked before, this is pretty cool anyhow.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Is it the same user?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    there are 2 users, the first batch of 14 from one and then the new stuff from another.
    Damn that fecal matter tape is surreal!!!! i can't believe it has surfaced, this is huge.
    Last edited by armogi; 08-04-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what all has been leaked? The videos have been taken down.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MicheaelElizabeth View Post
    Does anyone know what all has been leaked? The videos have been taken down.
    the link @fortysixand2 posted tells you everything, which tracks leaked.

and here...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Nirvana/com...nirvana_songs/

links in the comments to download in MP3 & FLAC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    the link @fortysixand2 posted tells you everything, which tracks leaked.

and here...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Nirvana/com...nirvana_songs/

links in the comments to download in MP3 & FLAC
    Thanks so much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Here's everything that has leaked, according to Reddit.

20 Songs + Complete Fecal Matter Demo
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/9k33qw

Soundboard recording of 07/03/92 Madrid
    http://we.tl/yRvSKy6l1a

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The flac are on zomb too, it may be the original source even. The madrid sbd was leaked in the reddit comments it seems, it showed up on youtube later. Its almost like a terrorist action, lets leak some nirvana all over the net, bits by bits!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Listened to the 2013 re-mix of In Utero today again. I kinda like it, but I really hated it when it came out 2 years ago.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

01 The Yodel Song
    02 Been a Son (Early Demo)
    03 What More Can I Say
    04 1988 Capitol Lake Jam Commercial
    05 The Happy Guitar
    06 Montage of Kurt
    07 Beans
    08 Burn the Rain
    09 Clean Up Before She Comes (Early Demo)
    10 Reverb Experiment
    11 Montage of Kurt II
    12 Rehash
    13 You Can’t Change Me/Burn My Britches/Something in the Way (Early Demo)
    14 Scoff (Early Demo)
    15 Aberdeen
    16 Bright Smile
    17 Underground Celebritism
    18 Retreat
    19 Desire
    20 And I Love Her
    21 Sea Monkeys
    22 Sappy (Early Demo)
    23 Letters to Frances
    24 Scream
    25 Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle (Demo)
    26 Kurt Ambiance
    27 She Only Lies
    28 Kurt Audio Collage
    29 Poison's Gone
    30 Rhesus Monkey
    31 Do Re Mi (Medley)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post

01 The Yodel Song
    02 Been a Son (Early Demo)
    03 What More Can I Say
    04 1988 Capitol Lake Jam Commercial
    05 The Happy Guitar
    06 Montage of Kurt
    07 Beans
    08 Burn the Rain
    09 Clean Up Before She Comes (Early Demo)
    10 Reverb Experiment
    11 Montage of Kurt II
    12 Rehash
    13 You Can’t Change Me/Burn My Britches/Something in the Way (Early Demo)
    14 Scoff (Early Demo)
    15 Aberdeen
    16 Bright Smile
    17 Underground Celebritism
    18 Retreat
    19 Desire
    20 And I Love Her
    21 Sea Monkeys
    22 Sappy (Early Demo)
    23 Letters to Frances
    24 Scream
    25 Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle (Demo)
    26 Kurt Ambiance
    27 She Only Lies
    28 Kurt Audio Collage
    29 Poison's Gone
    30 Rhesus Monkey
    31 Do Re Mi (Medley)
    i wonder how many of these will really be new and not already available in some bootleg form.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    i wonder how many of these will really be new and not already available in some bootleg form.
    I'm pretty sure most, if not all. It seems like the director went out of his way to really dig through everything and find great obscure stuff. Plus a lot of this is also apparently spoken word, comedy bits, and other random things. It's not all music.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I'm pretty sure most, if not all. It seems like the director went out of his way to really dig through everything and find great obscure stuff. Plus a lot of this is also apparently spoken word, comedy bits, and other random things. It's not all music.
    "Beans" and "Clean Up Before She Comes" were both on "With The Lights Out".

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    This whole MOH rollout is fucking ludicrous. An obvious cash-in on the Cobain legacy when the only way to grab the deluxe CD -- which most everyone will want because the vinyl margin is small -- is to pay $150 for a boxset that offers little else worthwhile to the entire experience. A jigsaw puzzle? A bookmark? Whoopty doo

And since it's a collection of song scraps and bedroom demos, it's obviously geared towards the hardcore Nirvana enthusiast. Who, in their right mind, is going to settle for a measly 13-track collection when there's twice as more available elsewhere? Just unbelievable greed here on UMG's part. I'm definitely hoping they're dumb enough to include a download coupon with the vinyl deluxe edition so I can upload this shit to the internetz FREE TO ALL, FUCK YOU.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    This was released already as well.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    This was released already as well.
    Yeah, it was. Totally forgot. This is definitely better quality than what's out there though.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Isn't it ironic how the director guy was bragging about how he was given access to Kurt's archive, and found hundreds of hours of unreleased Cobain recordings, and yet the MOH companion album still contains stuff that has been circulating for well over a decade?

Oh the lolz. I wonder how badly they'll brickwall master these home demos, after the horrendous job they did with the Nevermind boombox demos and the home demos on WTLO. It takes a special kind of money hunger to brickwall master demos made on a boombox, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think it is safe to say we should'nt expect much from this release, it's an obvious cash grab of "sounds" that were never meant for the general public and the mastering will most likely be screwed up but somehow I can't wait to hear these, I am still a sucker for anything cobain/nirvana. It's amazing how much he left behind and how much more he could have created. If only Layne Staley had also left as much as Cobain.