Thread: 2014.08.10 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Cruzan Amphitheatre

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2014.08.10 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Cruzan Amphitheatre

West Palm Beach FL

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So show was good. Eraser was awesome.

Dillinger was great as always. Soundgarden was good too, but it felt like they played for three hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a great time. 7th row but I got a little closer. They kept telling me no videos, but I still managed a few though the audio sucks. I'll share some when I get home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    quick one I took

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    and one of our breakfast buddy

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'm still wanting to hear the end of that story before the power was cut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Right, me too

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Just going to confirm ye olde setlist here:

1 Copy of A
    2 Sanctified
    3 Came Back Haunted
    4 1000000
    5 March of the Pigs
    6 Piggy
    7 Terrible Lie
    8 Closer
    9 Gave Up
    10 Disappointed
    11 Find My Way
    12 The Great Destroyer
    13 Eraser
    14 Wish
    15 The Hand That Feeds
    16 Head Like A Hole
    17 Hurt

My ability to attend this show would not have been possible if not for my three aunts who came down to see my mom in the hospital and thus spent time w/ her. So, though they do not read this forum, I would still like to give them a massive shout out. AUNTS!!

That aside, I am very glad I could attend as such. Ate too much but the food was very good. Tacos from the taco food truck whose name I've forgotten!
    It was crazy humid up until the rain came, then the rest of the night was excellent for one to carry on rocking out.
    As expected, Trent sauntered out to Copy of A and almost all the seats around me were empty still. Clearly people were not reading the little postcards left on every seat. A cool memento at least!

TGD was so amazing I think swallowed a fly or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These are the actual sets from the August 10th show, West Palm Beach, Florida(I just returned from this show)

Soundgarden set:
    Searching with my good eye closed
    Spoonman
    Gun
    Day I tried to live
    My wave
    Outshined
    Jesus Christ Pose
    Black hole sun
    Superunknown
    Fell on black days
    A thousand days before
    Rusty cage
    Behind the wheel

NIN set:
    Copy of a
    Sanctified 2.0
    Came back haunted
    March of the pigs....all the pigs
    Piggy
    Terrible lie
    Closer/the only time
    Gave up
    Disappointed
    Find my way
    The Great Destroyer
    Eraser
    Wish
    The hand that feeds
    Head like a hole
    Hurt

killer show!
    Last edited by Crowkiller06; 08-11-2014 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Grammar-nazi

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    This whole show was incredible but The Great Destroyer may be the best thing this tour, period. Oh and Trent did the "I really don't give a fuck" improv in Piggy!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    DEP was pretty solid considering i am not to familiar with their music. the first couple of songs got some getting used to but the way they ended their set sounded solid. don't know if i can listen to an entire album of theirs but at least it wasn't as bad as some of nin's other opening acts from the past.

i was pretty excited to see soundgarden as i had never seen them live and probably would never if they hadn't been paired up with nin on this tour. cornell's vocals were great. the bassist kept struggling after the power outage and seemed to finish the set list pretty pissed off at the sound of his bass. the crowd was pretty into their performance although after about 8 songs or so, i was ready to see them finish up.

and what can i say about nin that hasn't already been said a thousand times before. absolute greatness. i think we take for granted at times what an amazing show trent puts on. i see acts like SG who go up on stage and have some screen in the background display some images and nothing more. i experienced the same with Depeche Mode. and here comes trent putting on an amazing show of lights with rotating panels and these obscene amount of energy and passion. we're experiencing, arguably, the most artistic and talented musician of our lives and im glad ive been able to see it live for the 8th time.

and yes, the great destroyer live is something to witness. clearly the highlight of the night.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I know I noticed that this show sounded so much more aggressive and heavy compared to the Tension date I saw last year; the guitars felt a lot sharper and the drums sounded far more in the front of the mix. In general this version of NIN was super intense, even the ending of Find My Way hit a point of straight noise and volume; very few "breathing room" tracks.

If that's the more relaxed setlist then I'm almost afraid if they do the Assault setlist tonight in Tampa. Definitely a sharp change from what I saw last year, and while I really do miss that version of NIN, I love that I'm getting to see this one, too. It feels like a whole other experience, even songs that I'd seen before. Everything was far more immediate, hardcore and cutting. My feet are aching from all the bouncing around I did; I really had few moments in the set where I found myself wanting to lay back, and I never sat down as soon as Trent took the stage.

This production is absolutely gorgeous in person; wonderful as they are, those livestreams did not come close to demonstrating what these things really look like. I tried filming a few parts for a friend who couldn't make it and wanted to see some specific things, and it pales in comparison to what I was actually seeing. Everyone saying how this production really is meant for this presentation, yeah, it actually is.

I really have never liked a single Soundgarden song in my life, but halfway into their set I found myself really surprised and enjoying it. I gained a ton of respect for them as performers and musicians, how they handled the power outage, how into it they all seemed, and how much Chris was able to push his voice live. Still not a band I want to go out and buy all the albums of, but a cool experience that broadened my appreciations.

DEP was insane; Greg was talkative and hilarious, the wall of sound was intense and the amount of older people I saw leave during their set was almost ridiculous to me. Met a few cool people, but the sound for every band was so loud that once it kicked in, there was no talking/room for discussion. I'm understanding the ear plug thing.

But really, this incarnation of NIN seems so different from how it was on Tension last year, it seems incredibly legitimate and worth the time and all of the people looking at a list of songs on their phone and computer screen saying "I'm not going because I've seen these before" is cheating themselves out of an incredible show, an intense performance and a great fuckin' time. The length of the show was both hell from the heat/climate but amazing from how much of an experience it all felt like; I don't do festivals or anything like that, and this was only my second concert I've ever attended, so it was a first to see three bands like that. Not how I'd always do it, but it's a great experience that offers a unique feeling.

All of the Soundgarden fans around me seemed very open and warm to NIN; I've never seen Closer before but oh my god do people go insane to that. Terrible Lie sounded more vital, sincere and powerful than it did a year ago. The drums in 1,000,000 were just massive; Robin's guitars were so buzzing that had they played something like Reptile, I don't know if I could handle it.

Trent seemed so into the show, but I guess due to the curfew, technical messups earlier and subsequent delay, they wanted to make sure they made it for the curfew (which is utter shit), so there were quick thank yous but a very, very strong performance.

I keep wanting to be one of those fans who can just leave during Hurt and not give a shit and beat the traffic, but damn does the audience come together for that one. It's as much of a song from the band as it is from the crowd, and a powerful moment. Shame that Only got dropped for time, as I'd love to see it, but whatever, this whole show was so much more than a setlist.

This took me from excited for the Tampa date to thrilled for it; the alt setlist very well might happen, and even if it doesn't I'll be able to sit back a bit more, relax and enjoy this show a second time around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    good show! the only thing that sucked from the lawn was that after the lightning strike before Superunknown shut off some speakers so the rest of the show was really low. i'm sure not an issue with those in the covered area.

Real quick pace show too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    and what can i say about nin that hasn't already been said a thousand times before. absolute greatness. i think we take for granted at times what an amazing show trent puts on. i see acts like SG who go up on stage and have some screen in the background display some images and nothing more. i experienced the same with Depeche Mode. and here comes trent putting on an amazing show of lights with rotating panels and these obscene amount of energy and passion. we're experiencing, arguably, the most artistic and talented musician of our lives and im glad ive been able to see it live for the 8th time.
    100% agreed with your comment about the actual "show" being put on while they play.
    my wife(during the 3rd or 4th NIN song) turned to me and said: "Fuck. I hope they're paying the drummer well. He's all over the god-damn place."
    Meaning: he was absolutely working his ass off. Did anyone else notice that Ilan, during March of The Pigs, played the drums, then, got up, ran around the kit to the keyboard, and played he piano interludes..... Then, back to the drums!? For the whole damn song!!!!
    amazing show.
    Last edited by Crowkiller06; 08-11-2014 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Grammar-nazi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, the sound was low on the lawn for the rest of the show? It sure wasn't where I was. My ears are still ringing. I don't know what time they finished up last night, but they are fined if they play past 11:00. According to the aisle attendant last night, they are charged $7K for playing past 11:00 and then $1K per minute after. Linkin Park started really late on Friday, finished their regular set at just after 11, then came back and played a long encore, so they payed a pretty penny for that.

There were more Soundgarden fans around us at first. The couple in front of us sat for the first 2 NIN songs, then just up and left. Wtf, they had the platinum seats too. Several other people left too. That was fine with me because I could see better and was able to get a couple rows closer. There were still plenty of people rocking out around us. I wish I could make it to tonight's show.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I agree. Trent's vocals sounded a bit low. And I was seated stage left.

Also, Robins tone for eraser made me want to cum in my pants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I uploaded some photos to a facebook album that is public (at least for a while) https://www.facebook.com/callalilykn...4014398&type=3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    This whole show was incredible but The Great Destroyer may be the best thing this tour, period. Oh and Trent did the "I really don't give a fuck" improv in Piggy!
    TGD was pure awesomeness. Here is my video of the breakdown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a link to the videos I took (and all my other concert videos) if you are interested. The audio sucks, it was just too loud and I found out after that I had some audio zoom function turned on on my phone and I think that didn't help either. The video isn't bad though. I was 7th row of the middle section, on the aisle, but the people in front of us left 2 songs into NIN, so I took their spot and the aisle attendant was pretty cool and let me get closer. I ended up more around the 3rd row in the aisle. He's on the lower left of most of the videos, older guy, red shirt, and was into NIN more than some of the other people around him (he told me after that it was really cool). There was also a couple guys in wheelchairs in front of me, so it looks emptier around there. But the NIN fans were right behind me, I think the very front was mostly SG fans, some lady kept asking me the names of songs, I quit telling her after 3-4. I went to the show knowing I wanted to record TGD and Eraser and wanted to enjoy the rest of the show, take a few pictures, and mostly dance and have fun, which I did (plus a couple more videos).
    https://www.youtube.com/user/callaknits/videos
    Last edited by Calla lily; 08-13-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calla lily View Post
    Here's a link to the videos I took (and all my other concert videos) if you are interested.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/callaknits/videos

Thanks for sharing. I was at this show, and I tried to record some video but, I ended up filling the memory on my phone, and it shut off half-way through "Gave Up"