Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: 2014.08.08 - Atlanta, GA @ Aaron's Amphitheater at Lakewood

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    2014.08.08 - Atlanta, GA @ Aaron's Amphitheater at Lakewood

    Atlanta, GA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great show. Missed Dillinger and some Soundgarden, but NIN was amazing.

    Probably wrong order:
    Copy of A
    Sanctified
    1000000
    Piggy
    Gave Up
    March of the Pigs
    The Frail
    The Wretched
    Closer
    Wish
    Came Back Haunted
    Disappointed
    Find My Way
    The Great Destroyer
    Eraser
    Hand That Feeds
    Head Like A Hole
    Hurt

    Great Destroyer and Closer were incredible to watch.The crowd didnt seem too interested in the new material. People next to me sat down during Disappointed and Find My Way. Great show though from my experience. Also I ran into an old friend who works at the Majestic.
    Last edited by K-Rice; 08-09-2014 at 01:06 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Great show, much better than last night in Charlotte.

    I had 7th row dead center and took tons of pics. I post some in the morning. I also got a signed poster!! I'll post a pic of that as well.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone else get shit for recording video at this show? They just would not leave me alone! First time, guy came up and said I wasn't allowed to at this event. I said, "whaaaat? Trent doesn't give a shit if I record video from way back here on a cell phone!." He told me that Trent is the one that told them not to allow it. Pretty sure he was fucking lying. Anyway, they kept harassing me about it and all I was doing was taking pics after that, so I kept having to tell them to fuck off. Afterward, I went up to one of them and said, "look at those people down there and everywhere else recording video. Why aren't you constantly harassing them about it? Thanks for ruining the show for me, you fuck!"

    Anyway, other than that shit, it was a great show. Totally packed! I think all the seats were sold out, and everyone was standing and rocking out. Soundgarden was alright. Dillinger Escape Plan sounded awful.. Just screaming and bass. Singer walked into my section and almost hit us with his mic stand, haha. Got a pretty cool shot of that. And I got some decent shots of NIN as well. Oh, and video of that guy bitching at me to not take video. I got a signed poster too!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    716
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    2014.08.08 - Atlanta, GA @ Aaron's Amphitheater at Lakewood

    Last night felt like a rock show. I don't know if it's because he's playing as a four piece or it's the scaled down visuals but I thought the show seemed rather intimate, almost club like. It might've been our seats tho. We were in 102, row Y and seats 11&12. Dead center and it sounded great. The crowd was ok. I think we had some Soundgarden fans around is as they kept leaving and coming back. I felt bad for those lawn folks getting rained on. It was pouring at one point.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I wore a big straw hat to this show... If you saw me acting like a fool with it, I apologize. Anyway, some drunk dude thought it was the greatest thing ever. Stood in presale pickup line talking about how "you can be anything in America... except a dolphin, married to your own sister (unless a loophole) and other stuff too." Didn't want to buy a poster due to the rain but bought four shirts (originally just going to get two) and some expensive beers.

    Sat in 202, EE, seat 13. Pretty good sight from where I was. The people around were dancing a little, compared to Charlotte, way more people in our area digging the sound. Set list was the same minus Only and the addition of The Frail and The Wretched (which were AWESOME). Left during Hurt to go find food.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lisabits View Post
    Did anyone else get shit for recording video at this show? They just would not leave me alone! First time, guy came up and said I wasn't allowed to at this event. I said, "whaaaat? Trent doesn't give a shit if I record video from way back here on a cell phone!." He told me that Trent is the one that told them not to allow it. Pretty sure he was fucking lying. Anyway, they kept harassing me about it and all I was doing was taking pics after that, so I kept having to tell them to fuck off. Afterward, I went up to one of them and said, "look at those people down there and everywhere else recording video. Why aren't you constantly harassing them about it? Thanks for ruining the show for me, you fuck!"

    Anyway, other than that shit, it was a great show. Totally packed! I think all the seats were sold out, and everyone was standing and rocking out. Soundgarden was alright. Dillinger Escape Plan sounded awful.. Just screaming and bass. Singer walked into my section and almost hit us with his mic stand, haha. Got a pretty cool shot of that. And I got some decent shots of NIN as well. Oh, and video of that guy bitching at me to not take video. I got a signed poster too!!!
    So you got hassled for recording video too huh?? What a crock! I was sitting right behind the sound deck, looking straight down the middle. Had perfect view. About half way through the show, some dick-head security guy ran into the sound deck and was screaming..."NO VIDEO, NO VIDEO!!" I didn't even notice him until my wife nudged me. I'm thinking to myself, seriously dude? There are like tons of smartphones up in the air, down front, taking video. Since when does TR give a fuck if we video?? I call bullshit on that as well. After he pissed off, I went back to filming. I got some great footage!

    I wasn't that impressed with DEP. I really enjoyed Soundgarden. It was my first time seeing them. NIN stole the show though!

    Here was the set list for NIN last night.



    The dude running the soundboard gave me the set list too. I like that kinda shit!
    Last edited by philharmonik; 08-09-2014 at 11:14 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    1,940
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    I wore a big straw hat to this show... If you saw me acting like a fool with it, I apologize. Anyway, some drunk dude thought it was the greatest thing ever. Stood in presale pickup line talking about how "you can be anything in America... except a dolphin, married to your own sister (unless a loophole) and other stuff too."
    you sound like my worst nightmare at a show tbh. glad you had fun though.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 08-10-2014 at 03:10 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philharmonik View Post
    Bah, I can't view it. You have it on private or something? I'm still in Atlanta, otherwise I would have uploaded some stuff by now. Yeah, I don't know what the deal was with the no video rule. The guy actually told me to take it up with Trent, lol. If he did give that rule, which I doubt since there's video of the shows all over instagram and youtube already, it might have something to do with that huge video camera and two microphones that were set up not far from me. I'm guessing that might be for a live recording dvd release in the future???

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lisabits View Post
    Bah, I can't view it. You have it on private or something? I'm still in Atlanta, otherwise I would have uploaded some stuff by now. Yeah, I don't know what the deal was with the no video rule. The guy actually told me to take it up with Trent, lol. If he did give that rule, which I doubt since there's video of the shows all over instagram and youtube already, it might have something to do with that huge video camera and two microphones that were set up not far from me. I'm guessing that might be for a live recording dvd release in the future???
    Should be able to view it now. It was probably still processing. I still have more videos to upload. There are 3 videos in my NIN playlist on youtube.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)


    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfl8G3TQYojcq7KOiq4Gf1eJzvDa8697I


    Here is the playlist on my YouTube channel. Check it out!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was a damn good show last night. It was my first time seeing both bands. I splurged on front row center tickets after my presale fan club tickets were moved. Anyway, at one point Chris Cornell reached out and gave me five...then asked the camera guy to put the camera on me and said something to the effect "this is what a fan looks like," or something like that. It was sort of a blur. They are probably my all-time favorite band, so it was a bit surreal. I keep hoping to come across a video of the whole show. So far, only a few songs have surfaced. I'll have to keep an eye out for audio recordings as well.

    NIN was amazing. I was right behind Trent's tech who was at the front of the stage scurrying up and down a ladder the whole time. That kid is gonna have some knee problems in the future The NIN stage crew was amazing and the lighting effects were great. I really enjoyed the camera effect during Closer. Very cool.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    1,940
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zerokreap View Post
    I really enjoyed the camera effect during Closer. Very cool.
    that was a throwback to The Greater Good I believe from LITS.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    716
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    that was a throwback to The Greater Good I believe from LITS.
    he used it for closer during LITS too. http://www.ninwiki.com/Lights_In_The_Sky_Tour

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with whoever said this felt like a more intimate rock show. Trent seemed really into it, though no banter that I noticed. Maybe it's that he's playing so much guitar after not playing any from the last time through town.

    This is the first time ever I've thought the sound was great at Lakewood. But I was in 102 Y, so dead center a ways back.

    I was glad I wore earplugs for most of Soundgarden, not that they helped much. They were loud but good and into it. Their stage visuals weren't that bad. The NIN visuals were a nice mix of their festival tour mixed with the last tour.

    I hope you folks had fun in the lawn despite the crazy downpour. At least the show went on, that was some crazy weather on Friday.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    716
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    2014.08.08 - Atlanta, GA @ Aaron's Amphitheater at Lakewood

    I was the one who said it was like an intimate rock show. We were in the same row & section so it must've been the sweet spot.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philharmonik View Post


    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfl8G3TQYojcq7KOiq4Gf1eJzvDa8697I


    Here is the playlist on my YouTube channel. Check it out!
    Was it Disappointed that they wouldn't let you film? I noticed that you don't have that one in your playlist. That's the song they hassled me about. I still have to upload that video to youtube. My reaction was pretty funny.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    1,154
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Did Dillinger only play two songs at this gig. According to Setlist.fm, they only played 2 songs.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Did Dillinger only play two songs at this gig. According to Setlist.fm, they only played 2 songs.
    It seemed like an eternity.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great show. So we went to our seats and someone was in them. We did the traditional let's look at our tickets bit only to find out we had both been sold the same seats. Mine via NIN presale and theirs via SG presale. What. The. Fuck?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Great show. So we went to our seats and someone was in them. We did the traditional let's look at our tickets bit only to find out we had both been sold the same seats. Mine via NIN presale and theirs via SG presale. What. The. Fuck?
    There were plenty of empty seats, did you get something as good as the ones you paid for?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Great show. So we went to our seats and someone was in them. We did the traditional let's look at our tickets bit only to find out we had both been sold the same seats. Mine via NIN presale and theirs via SG presale. What. The. Fuck?
    I hope you didn't encounter me and my friend... A couple people came up to us in Sec 202 (I think) seats 33 & 34 (if I remember right). Hmmm...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    I hope you didn't encounter me and my friend... A couple people came up to us in Sec 202 (I think) seats 33 & 34 (if I remember right). Hmmm...
    Nah we were in 101. The people were totally cool about it and we just all squeezed in. Still BS that they were selling seats twice. Wish I could get another show in before this leg ends!

Posting Permissions