Thread: The Playstation Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I picked up my Vita yesterday and messed around with it a bit last night, so far it's pretty cool. Lumines: Electronic Symphony is fucking awesome, gonna buy it from Gamefly. The free Welcome Park game that comes on it is just a tutorial for all the touch screen features, but it's actually still kind of fun and it has trophies with it.

But there is one thing about the Launch Bundle that really pisses me off. One of the selling points was you got a free month of the AT&T 3G Data Plan and a free PSN game(Super Stardust Delta + DLC). The thing is you have to pay for a month of the Data Plan and then you get your second month free, and you have to wait 30 days from when you sign up for it before they send you a voucher for the game. What the fuck?! A month of the cheapest data plan is $14.99, Super Stardust is $15 for the game and the DLC, so actually the game isn't free at all. I guess if you're going to use the 3G then this is a good deal but I know I won't so I'm not even gonna bother signing up for it, I'm just gonna buy Super Stardust so I don't have to wait 30 days to play it and sign up for a data plan that I'm never going to use.

Anyway, with the little amount of time I've spent messing with the Vita so far, I don't think I'm going to regret buying it at all.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I did write a big thing. But then I got confused and obviously didn't post it. Anyway. Had some time to play some games. Lumines is awesome, Wipeout is good, not quite up to the standard of HD, the tracks are pretty hard to learn due to lots of (very pretty) graphics and visual noise, but the gameplay is there. I'm having a little difficulty settling on a control scheme that works for me. I thought jumping in with the classic 'wipeout' controls would suite me, but the Vita's buttons are just a tad too close together.
    Uncharted is gorgeous. It plays really well and is broken down into smaller chunks with a lot of exploration (much more like the first game, and by alot I mean a bit more than UC1 and a lot more than UC3). Plus I played it on the loo. Next gen portable ftw.
    Stardust is perfectly suited to the handheld and great for short blasts, Motorstorm RC the same.

Now to earn some trophies and wait for Gravity Rush....