Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39
Results 1,141 to 1,164 of 1164

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Konami kinda ended everything related to them and gaming. They only really do reissues now to cash in, and even then, they seem to just sit on their hands. Besides that they make pachinko machines. How long do we have to wait to hear a release date for the Suikoden collection?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Konami kinda ended everything related to them and gaming. They only really do reissues now to cash in, and even then, they seem to just sit on their hands. Besides that they make pachinko machines. How long do we have to wait to hear a release date for the Suikoden collection?
    I'm watching a podcast stream right now, where they're talking about how we really don't know exactly what's going on internally with Konami right now, which I totally agree with. They've ramped up merch, vinyl, posters, even games, everything in the past couple years. I've personally bought more Konami-related stuff recently than I have in...years, probably? Between all that, Silent Hill 2 Remake (still hardly additional information since announcement), half a dozen other Silent Hill projects, and the MGS3 remake (also hardly any information), I mean...who knows what's going on in there anymore? Could lead to some really cool things. Even if it all comes down to money, which is often does, shit man...as long as it's good, then fine, I'll probably bite.

But I won't know it's good until it's here. I'll stay reserved until some of these things actually come to fruition first, but we could be heading toward a nice little "revival" of Konami. I'd be open to that possibility.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    The "take a breath" thing feels a little needlessly condescending, considering how little I said, but alright. I only said I was a little cautious this early after the announcement. Sorry if that's like...not allowed. I've seen game announcements before...? I know how this process works. No need to talk to me like I've never seen a trailer before.

You may be surprised to learn that this is usually what I think when any teaser trailer for a new thing drops and has hardly anything to show - even for stuff I'd like. If a trailer is all CG, has no gameplay, no date, no names, no anything in it, and only a title...then yeah, I feel like I'm allowed to not be 100% sold on the trailer yet. I can be on the fence. I don't see what's wrong there. I just want to see more with my own eyes first before getting too excited. An MGS3 remake is no exception to that. I just manage my expectations before something is out, because I'd rather be surprised than disappointed. That's all.

Did I say this looks bad? No. Because it doesn't.
    Did I say I wasn't gonna buy it? No. Because I probably will, whether it lives up to expectations or not.
    Did I say I NEED Hideo Kojima to be involved for me to be interested? No. Because I don't. I only noticed that he wasn't. I even said that I'm happy to see MGS isn't dead anymore.

I'm happy Kojima's moved on and doing his own thing, too. Death Stranding is literally my favorite game. It's just a shame that the relationship with Konami/Metal Gear ended in such a way that the bridge is burned for good. But it's less that I specifically think "Kojima HAS to be involved with Metal Gear," and more that I generally think it's a toss-up when a franchise continues on without one of its primary creators. It could very well be perfectly fine. It could also be less than fine. But I don't know yet. You don't know yet. No one knows yet. Because it's not out, and we've seen two minutes of...well...nothing. It's simply too early to tell, for me. That's all. You're totally allowed to be as hype as you choose to be, but so am I.

All I wanted was the older games to be playable on new systems anyway, and we're getting that, so as far as I'm personally concerned, the remake is entirely secondary. But if it ends up looking good, then yeah, I'm gonna be getting it. Why wouldn't I?
    I didn't mean that in a condescending way, at all (Too bad we cannot hear intentions through text.) But your reaction to just a hype trailer seemed a tad hyperbolic, and ignorant, because they didn't show what you wanted them to. This is Konami, so again, I understand your indifference. You can think whatever you'd like, that's your prerogative.

There were screenshots that were available to my team at IGN, before they were released to the internet. From the looks of the shots, and keeping the original voice cast, it seems they're on the right path. But I'm not going to be all up in arms because we didn't get 15 minutes of gameplay, and every little detail about the game. Take it as you will, I meant no harm. The Hideo paragraph wasn't aimed at you, but to other fans in general, that seem to not be able to grasp the fact that he is no longer involved.. I was just rambling lol.

... And again, these are announcements, not gameplay reveal trailers. Expect more information on Silent Hill by the end of the year. I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-02-2023 at 09:17 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-ra...ross-all-tiers

Sony has announced plans to raise the price of all its PlayStation Plus 12-month subscriptions globally, across all tiers.

From September 6, Sony will increase the price for 12 months of PlayStation Plus Essential (currently, $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99), PlayStation Plus Extra (currently $99.99 / £83.99 / €99.99), and PlayStation Plus Premium (currently $119.99 / £99.99 / €119.99).
    What the fuck are they thinking? I unironically think I might cancel my subscription.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Sony can eat shit. I won't be renewing after this subscription tenure is done next July.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Me either... Not to mention, it is absolutely abhorrent that they are selling the PS Portal for $200, and it doesn't even have BLUETOOTH in the damn thing. You're forced to buy another $150 accessory (Headphones) just to get the most out of it.

The entire situation stinks to high heaven.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I heard someone call it the PSP2 and laughed at that. Also it has a 3.5 jack?!

RE the increases: the rumor mill says that it's because it's a business line with flat increases and you know late-stage capitalism requires the numbers to go up up up with no decrease.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Sony has been creeping in this direction for like ten years now. And their exclusives are in decline for a few years too

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Sony has been creeping in this direction for like ten years now. And their exclusives are in decline for a few years too
    I disagree with the exclusives, at the very least compared to Microsoft. But they are definitely way greedier than Microsoft. I'll continue my Gamepass, but the PS Plus I'll definitely not be renewing.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Andddd there it is.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I love that you have to pay 30 bucks extra if you want a vertical stand.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    You're FINALLY able to find a PS5, but nope... Can't stand it up vertically, unless you give us more money.

What is even more sickening, is how the PS Portal is selling out. People will literally just buy whatever, because it has a PS logo slapped on it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    What is even more sickening, is how the PS Portal is selling out. People will literally just buy whatever, because it has a PS logo slapped on it.
    That thing seems like garbage. If I remember correctly it doesn't even have blutooth and you can only play over your home wi-fi. I don't see the point of a portable system that isn't really...portable.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    their exclusives are in decline for a few years too
    I dunno... I liked God of War Ragnarok a lot, and from the reviews Spider-Man 2 is going to be the best game of its kind ever made. Also, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart was fantastic, just a little short. The price it's at now is worth it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    You're FINALLY able to find a PS5, but nope... Can't stand it up vertically, unless you give us more money.

The stand that it comes with goes both vertically and horizontally. I’m not sure what you’re talking about having to buy another stand. There are instructions inside on how to set it up either way. Unless they’ve decided to change it since when I bought mine back in 2021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Wait disregard my last comment to the last person. It sounds like you are talking about the PS5 slim?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    That thing seems like garbage. If I remember correctly it doesn't even have blutooth and you can only play over your home wi-fi. I don't see the point of a portable system that isn't really...portable.
    I guess it would make sense as a way to access your PS5 remotely via anywhere that has wifi... so if you're visiting family and you need to get away, you can log into your PS5. It's kinda how I used my PS Vita w/ my PS4. I had a lot of down time during audio gigs, so I'd use the venue's wifi to play my PS4. They never really sold it on that point, but they did a shitty job advertising that system. Also take it along with you on trips and use it via a hotel's wifi. You theoretically can already do this w/ remote play on an iPad or iPhone, but then you'd need to lug around a controller as well... so I guess it's an all-in-one solution for that? I dunno. If I got curious, I'd get one through Amazon so I could return it if I didn't see a use for it.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I dunno... I liked God of War Ragnarok a lot, and from the reviews Spider-Man 2 is going to be the best game of its kind ever made. Also, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart was fantastic, just a little short. The price it's at now is worth it.
    I'm speaking of decline, so it's relative. I liked Ragnarok, but found its story (not it's gameplay) to be a pretty big step down. Similarly the Last of Us Part 2, for all its crisp and dynamic gameplay, falls victim to the overindulgence of its narrative. I actually couldn't even get going on Horizon 2 which just never felt good to me to play and felt bogged down by a crappy loot system and a frustrating set of skill trees. Still you have stuff like Forsaken out there, which was *almost* good.

I'm sure spiderman 2 will be fine, but the original, also overindulgent in its narrative and really without earning it's pretentions. Almost every one of Peter's father figures turns into a villain and almost all of the villains turn out to be peters father figures? In the same story? Don't get me started on the walk and talks in these games. There are so many walk and talks! Let me just play! Please!

I still like most of these games, I still think Sony has better exclusives than Microsoft, but Sony is also apparently aiming to go big on games as a service, which have kind of ravaged the industry over the last 10 years. It feels like the bubble on service games is bursting, finally, so Sony potentially reinflating it rubs me the wrong way. They apparently have as many as 12 in the works, which strikes me as essentially expecting 10 or 11 of those to fail, since the biggest issue with the genre is that the games really can't coexist with each other.

I guess broadly, like yeah these are fundamentally quality games that perform well and look very good and play very nicely.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    The stand that it comes with goes both vertically and horizontally. I’m not sure what you’re talking about having to buy another stand. There are instructions inside on how to set it up either way. Unless they’ve decided to change it since when I bought mine back in 2021

For the slim, my guy.

Speaking on the Portal... there is no justifiable reason, to not have Bluetooth in the damn thing. Same concept, when fans thought you could connect Sony branded, wireless headphones to the PS5, only to find out that the system indeed recognizes the headset, but you can't connect them unless you bought the Pulse headphones.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 10-17-2023 at 01:22 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Spiderman 2 getting right to the go-to Playstation theme of disparaging the main character for doing exactly the things we as a player want them to do.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Spiderman 2 getting right to the go-to Playstation theme of disparaging the main character for doing exactly the things we as a player want them to do.
    What? I only just started this and I’m not sure what you’re referring to because it’s super vague

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm not sure what's being implied there.

I started Spider Man 2... I feel like I should have played Miles Morales first, but I'm enjoying it. Hasn't blown my mind yet, but maybe some of the critics were being hyperbolic.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm not sure what's being implied there.

I started Spider Man 2... I feel like I should have played Miles Morales first, but I'm enjoying it. Hasn't blown my mind yet, but maybe some of the critics were being hyperbolic.
    There's just an early scene where Peter gets a lecture on balance and the usual tension about how much better his life would be if he weren't spider man. I am broadly enjoying the game but there is so much *not* doing Spidey stuff. My wife remarked that every time she looked at the TV I was playing a different mini game.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My wife remarked that every time she looked at the TV I was playing a different mini game.
    I have to agree that there are A LOT of mini-games, especially in the early game, holy crap. But I'm really enjoying it, more of the same from the other games but I don't consider that a bad thing.

Edit: Finished it up over the weekend, took me 33 hours to do everything. The story was really great and there was just enough side content that I didn't get sick of doing everything before I was done.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 11-06-2023 at 07:33 AM.