Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Oh yeah forgot about Lumines, that shit is awesome. I gotta get back into that game, haven't really played it since I picked up some other games.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Thanks for the more insightful news, guys. I mainly want Uncharted: Golden Abyss for it because I love the PS3 counterparts. I'll get one someday but for only wanting one major title thus far it's asinine to get it I'll wait it out.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    This is hard to believe... just updated as free downloads for PS+ subscribers:

Infamous 2, Virtua Fighter 5, Little Big Planet 2, Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, Warhammer Spacemarine, Just Cause 2, Saints Row 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Hard Corps Uprising (awesome game), Choplifter, Zombie Apocalypse, and Sideway

craziness

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Wow! Too bad I recently bought VF5 for $5.99 haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    This is hard to believe... just updated as free downloads for PS+ subscribers:

Infamous 2, Virtua Fighter 5, Little Big Planet 2, Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, Warhammer Spacemarine, Just Cause 2, Saints Row 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Hard Corps Uprising (awesome game), Choplifter, Zombie Apocalypse, and Sideway

craziness

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Lucky for me, I don't own a single one of those. I love the months where being part of Plus actually pays off. :P Infamous 2 and LBP 2 are actually on my list of things to rent, so that alone is saving me like, $40 bucks - and my 500 GB hard drive still has plenty of space

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    That's pretty nuts that all of those are free. If I didn't have games sitting around because I don't have the time to play them I'd sign up for PS+ just for this.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Wait a minute, all those games are free? I could've sworn I saw them all on the store last week and they were just discounted for PS+.
    All 100% free for PS+. Downloading them all as I type!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    All 100% free for PS+. Downloading them all as I type!
    I must've edited my post after you quoted. I went and checked it out, that is an absurd amount of free games. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my Gamefly and getting PS+. Between the games I have sitting around in my backlog and these free games I would have plenty of shit to do.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I guess I did, haha. To be honest, it is a pretty nifty service. Considering I never spend much on games anyway aside from the occasional day-one purchase or Black Friday sale and maybe a couple other buys, it's really cool to get at least 2 or 3 decent games to play (and keep!) every month. But 12? Jesus, they're literally giving those away. Even if you paid for a year subscription right now, you're still saving a TON of cash, just getting this month's freebies. I'll definitely keep this service for a while longer, I think.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-06-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Even if you paid for a year subscription right now, you're still saving a TON of cash, just getting this month's freebies.
    That's why I've decided do it, the only one of the free games I've played is inFamous 2. I spend 18 bucks a month on Gamefly so spending $50 once to get all of these free games plus all the free ones in the next year is a no-brainer, fuck Gamefly. I'll just download the ones I'm not gonna play right away and then delete them from my HDD to save space until I get to them, well played Sony.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    No joke. Whoever came up with the idea's a genius, because they're still getting more money from me than they would be without PS+, because I don't think I'd go out and buy any of those titles, just because I've been buying games off and on for so long that I know what I wanna buy and what I should just rent instead. Well played, indeed!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Lucky for me, I don't own a single one of those - and my 500 GB hard drive still has plenty of space
    Haha same here, I have a 500 GB too, I dl/ed them all last night, what an awesome deal!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I got a PS3 a couple of days ago. It has a 160 GB HDD I'm already set up on the playstation network. I have all 3 current systems now. So i'm trying to get the PS3 exclusives. I got the first 2 Uncharted games. Still playing the 1st one, it's amazing. Also got Portal 2, which is always fun. What exclusives to the PS3 should I get now? I definitely want to get inFAMOUS.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Killzone series, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance, etc.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Killzone, Little Big Planet and Heavy Rain.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If racing is your thing, Wipeout HD, Motorstorm (Pacific Rift is the best one IMHO).
    Metal Gear Solid 4 is a bloated double-album of a cutscene with some fantastic underlaying gameplay. If you liked any of the other MGS games then its at least worth a rent. If not, stay away.
    God of War 3 is still eye-melting.
    Some excellent games on the network too: Stardust HD, Journey, Flower, Shatter

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Today I traded a co-worker my extra 360 for his extra PS3. I know what exclusive retail games I need to look into buying, but are there any PlayStation Store games I should check out? I've downloaded a bunch of XBLA games that are $15 or less over the years and loved them. Any recommendations are appreciated. I'm new to this Sony thing. I did own a PS2 when they first came out, but that was practically a lifetime ago. <3

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    Today I traded a co-worker my extra 360 for his extra PS3. I know what exclusive retail games I need to look into buying, but are there any PlayStation Store games I should check out? I've downloaded a bunch of XBLA games that are $15 or less over the years and loved them. Any recommendations are appreciated. I'm new to this Sony thing. I did own a PS2 when they first came out, but that was practically a lifetime ago. <3
    Wipeout HD, Flower, Journey, Shatter, Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty, Fat Princess, Pixeljunk Eden, Dead Nation, Super Stardust HD, and Pixeljunk Shooter 2 are all worth checking out.

Especially Wipeout (if you like unrealistic racers w/ great graphics and silly/fun soundtracks that are insanely challenging), Shatter (just awesome), and Fat Princess (if you like competitive strategic online play). I have a very soft spot for Super Stardust too...

Also, if you don't have a Wii, the Back to the Future game is awesome imo.

Everyone seems to love Journey and FLower, and while I liked them, it's hard to recommend because they're pretty expensive for the length. Journey can be beaten in a little over 3 hours, but still, it's a completely unique and incredible game.

I would have included Joe Danger, but since that's on 360 now too I guess it doesn't count really right?

I also liked Closure, but I would hesitate to recommend it to people, just because the puzzles are maddeningly difficult at times. But if you're really into both Limbo and Braid, I'd recommend giving it a shot.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I forgot the Pixeljunk series! Nearly ever one of them is great, especially Monsters, Shooter, Shooter 2 and Eden. Racers is just okay... I would steer clear of 4am unless you want a trippy music visualizer... some interesting ideas though...
    I'm also kinda a fan of some HD collections. You can download single games from these at pretty decent prices and they have trophies, mostly decent frame rates.. and look what got announced earlier...

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    Yep... kind of unexpected that this is now my most anticipated game of 2012

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Question: If I subscribe to PS+ and I download a free game, will I still be able to access the game if my subscription runs out? I'm debating whether to subscribe or not because it seems like a pretty sweet deal.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Question: If I subscribe to PS+ and I download a free game, will I still be able to access the game if my subscription runs out? I'm debating whether to subscribe or not because it seems like a pretty sweet deal.
    No, if your subscription runs out, you can no longer play the games.

Still, it's completely worth it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Aw, really? I didn't know that part. I just assumed that you could still play even without the subscription. But you're right, it's still a lot cheaper than buying the games themselves. And I'm sure the 2 or 3 years from now I'll have played through them enough that I can part with them and unsubscribe if I need/want to. I don't regret subscribing at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    No, if your subscription runs out, you can no longer play the games.

Still, it's completely worth it.
    Thanks for the info, I'll be subscribing definitely before the current line up of free games expire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Both of the episodes of the walking dead are free on PS+

Hell yes.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Damn, I need to get on that. I'll gladly pay 5 bucks for each part, but I won't say no to free.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Both of the episodes of the walking dead are free on PS+

Hell yes.
    Know how big the games are? I'm still with the 40gb one... Plus isn't so ideal with 40gb. Especially when you only have a set amount of space for gaming...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ep 1 is listed as 2187 kb and ep2 is listed as 811 mb

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ah cool. I'll have to check those out then.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So tomorrow I am going to buy a PS3 game for myself...but what? I'm thinking of one of these:

For value and nostalgia:

Splinter Cell: HD Collection
    Prince of Persia HD Collection
    Sly Cooper Collection
    Jak and Daxter Collection
    Ratchet and Clank Collection

or

inFamous 2