Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Should've offered this awhile ago, but if any of you hoodlums would like to add me on PS3, I'm "swykk."

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    After upgrading my internet to 100mbps down and 5 up, the share play functions still doesn't work for me. PS4 still reads on average 11 down and 1 up. Anyone else experience this problem? I've contacted Playstation and my ISP and nothing they suggested helped.
    Share isn't working for me either, but my speed is nowhere near yours.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The console is a fucking piece of trash. It ate one of my discs and it took me fucking with it for over 5 minutes to get it out. Picking it up I hear a rattle inside the console. Safe to assume that a disc roller part of the disc drive is broken/loose SO even though I waited over a year and a half to buy this console I'm still getting fucked by a broken piece of hardware that effected shit at launch. I always thought there was something wrong with it when I got it but I didn't look into it. The discs have to be physically pushed in, not fed in and accepted easily.

Now I'm stuck having to file a complaint, a return claim and then drive a town over for no reason other than to mail it to FedEx just to fix this issue. Then I'm stuck waiting probably a week or more to even get the thing back. This is ridiculous. I find it unacceptable. I'm so fucking pissed about this.

This is the prime example why both console designers (Microsoft and Sony) are fucking retarded. Bullshit wouldn't be this detrimental if they made consoles with pop out disc drives.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Sounds like you got a defective console. I've had no problems with my disc drive

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Sounds like you got a defective console. I've had no problems with my disc drive
    As always just my fucking luck. Nice first impression too.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Egh... I'm on my third... So I know the feeling all too well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Egh... I'm on my third... So I know the feeling all too well.
    Ridiculous, they need better quality control with this system. I hear more issues with this than what PS3 ever had.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Dunno... I heard the original PS3s were catching fire. The problems I had were nowhere near as bad.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The console is a fucking piece of trash.

This is the prime example why both console designers (Microsoft and Sony) are fucking retarded. Bullshit wouldn't be this detrimental if they made consoles with pop out disc drives.
    Malfunctioning out of the box, that sucks a fat one. I hope the issue gets corrected for you.

Dunno... I heard the original PS3s were catching fire. The problems I had were nowhere near as bad.
    I’ve managed to cook 3 PS3s over the years, I was never hard on any of them, tried to keep them dusted and in a ventilated spot, and my home electrical wiring is proper. None of them caught fire, but still it sucks for a paying customer to get hosed by a defective product time and again. My original PS and PS2 still work great, the PS3 was a lemon in my experience with three of them. I don’t know how sturdy the PS4 is, I’m still waiting for a price drop to get one.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    My ps3 lasted awhile. Worked well, and had zero problems with it. Until a power surge cane along... PS4 is the first console I've had the issues with. I've had to send a a gamecube back for maintenance, once. This one, the it was either faulty hdmi, or near dead on arrival. Zero issues with the current one. Thank god too, too, my warranty ran out in December.

On my second ps2. First one just crapped out. Ps1 died. But it usually takes many years for that to happen.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I never had a console die until my PS3's drive crapped out after about 4 years. PS4 has been fine so far. My Xbox friends went through so many 360's it was hard to want one (plus I got to play theirs) but until the last generation of consoles I'd never even contemplated a console just dying from usage. I guess as things get more complex, the more can go wrong... My PS1 and PS2 slim still work just fine (the PS2 I even repaired after it met the floor rather hard one day...)

In other news I just checked whats going on Ps Plus this month, and I'm pretty stoked, the games look out of left field and odd, but damn fun. The only one I've played is Never Alone and I'll be glad to see that game get more love and I really enjoyed it, Tower of Guns looks fun and I never gave Killzone a chance beyond the beta test on Vita. Also local stores are clearing out PSTVs for half price, which is tempting to play PS1 and Vita RPGs on my TV...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I have a PS3 Slim, bought on the first day of release (September 2009). The disc drive no longer reads any sort of disc and just clicks at you menacingly. The unit itself sounds like a wind tunnel where they test jet engines. And, it's still one of the most consistent streaming devices I own.

It's not dead till it's dead; just turn the volume up a bit extra.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    FYI those drives in the PS3 are easy to replace. Did this with my PS3 slim and it's working fine now. All you need to do is order a new laser online, get this thing open and build in the new one. There are plenty of tutorials online.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Welp, got the box. Scheduling a pickup from Fedex tomorrow morning (because fuck driving a town or two away just to mail something when I shouldn't have to). I've looked into ps forums and read some pretty bad horror stories and accounts of how piss poor their repair and return system is. I just hope I'm lucky and am able to mail it tomorrow, get it back in 2 weeks and have it work with no issues when I do. Then have it work for 10+ years.

I'm still mad and upset about how big of a hassle this is. I'm literally doing all the work. They don't do shit. They mailed me a box and paid for it. Big deal. I had to contact (obviously), file a claim, box it (obviously), fill out forms, schedule a shipping with Fedex (pain in ass because my town is bullshit with nothing in it) and then wait 2+ weeks for them to get it and fix and mail it back with hopes that it works and isn't damaged upon arrival.

I read if there's issues you do the entire process over again so it makes it have more work for the customer. I don't know why these companies don't just give you a voucher to get a new console after you mail it back. The console is an obvious hunk of junk with defective parts or systems so I don't see how "repairing" it is the golden rule. I guess to be a cheap as possible I guess. Whatever.

Hope this fucking shit goes all right. I tend to have the worst luck with things so hopefully this isn't the case this time. $400.00 was a lot of money to drop on something I didn't need.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just hope you don't have to do it twice. The turn around isn't so bad though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just hope you don't have to do it twice. The turn around isn't so bad though.
    Thanks, I hope so too.

I took a photo of the serial number. If I get the console back and it doesn't match I know I have someone else's refurbished lemon as if I wanted that and not my own.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    When I got mine back, it seemed "new-ish". Came in the PS4 box. Was still in plastic. Looked like they took everything else out of the box.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    When I got mine back, it seemed "new-ish". Came in the PS4 box. Was still in plastic. Looked like they took everything else out of the box.
    Still refurbished even in box I read/seen. I have literally wasted about 3 hours looking into this stuff today because I want what I paid for and having someone else's trashy looking system with cosmetic damage galore and being a console that worked for 8 months prior to being "repaired" as opposed to my week and one day old system with no wear and tear or flaws isn't fair. It's really not fair if I get junk as a replacement.

I had to unbox the system too so I could backup/save my save game files and my screenshots/videos just to be sure as I'm sure they factory reset everything. I'll be damned if I lose that shit over this too.

Without being a drama queen, this hasn't been a very pleasant experience for me and A LOT of angst that's been built up about other things (not related to console breaking) is rearing up along with this. This was the straw that broke the 2015 camel's back.

I'll be on Xbox One where I'm used to until then.

If anyone gives a rat's ass, I'll update everyone when I get it back.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    That sucks man, I hope it works out for you. Dishonored is free this month on ps3, always wanted to play it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finally got my console back tonight literally 3 minutes ago from FedEx delivery. The console is mine as the serial numbers matched, HOWEVER it is banged up and scratched...not too happy about that but whatever. Gonna hook it up now to get it going to see how it is.

Console works. Disc drive (which was broken/issue) is also fixed. They wiped everything as predicted/known. Reinstalling all my games and apps...ugh.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-24-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Jesus, that's horrible. I'd complain about the the cosmetic damage to the console. In no way, a big company like Sony, can get away with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I blacked out and bought some games from the PSN flash sale.
    Pure Chess (PS4)
    Outlast (PS4)
    Freedom Wars (Vita)
    Soul Sacrifice Delta (Vita)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The Wolf Among Us for me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The Last Guardian is legit afterall. Looks amazing as well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    No Many's Sky continues to dull and bore me to death. overrated shit. I know its a matter of opinions and all but it looks like an overblown piece of eye candy and grandeur with little to do "than explore and show off the size of the game." Looks like boring tripe.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not really sure on what to think on No Man's Sky, tbh. I may try it for the hell of it. I don't think trailers or talk will do it any justice for a game like that. Hopefully it gets a demo.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    More destiny? Yuck

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Have they added any story yet? You know? To fill in the gaps of what the main story was supposed to be, a story?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So if a FF7 remake is the biggest thing they have to offer, sony has failed this E3.

edit: Nevermind, they just announced Shenmue, I AM SOLD!!!!
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 06-15-2015 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's not over... Personally, I can see that winning for a lot of people. They need to tackle backwards compatibility. It'd be incredibly stupid if they didn't. No excuse not to now.

Edit:

Alright, Sony was so-so. Thought they would show more morpheus.
    Last edited by Piko; 06-15-2015 at 09:40 PM.