Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    All of these "FFVII announced at Playstation Experience omgwtf!!" announcements need to calm down. Nobody's that excited over the original, un-remade FF7 coming "exclusively" to PS4. I already have FF7, digitally and on-disc. Hell, I'm looking over at it right now.

Come on, guys. You know what the people want, and until you say it will never, EVER happen, people will still be hoping that it will. Personally, I feel like leaving FF7 completely alone is the best way to go, but I won't say that it couldn't be done properly with discretion.
    I wanted a FF7 remake for a very long time. Now, just stop fucking with me, thanks.

I'll take the port to PS4. I'm not happy about it. I don't care. Square, you officially fucked up. You had this huge obvious opportunity, and you lit it on fire. Fuck you. Just finish FF15 already.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Next year....can't wait.

*snipped Uncharted gameplay*
    Pretty much more of the same, couple new climbing techniques but nothing we haven't seen before in other games as far was what was shown at least. Looks absolutely incredible though and i love me some Uncharted, definitely one of my favorite series.. Yes even the lackluster 3rd entry.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I really like the Uncharted series but that didn't look like anything new at all.

First game minus inFamous: Second Son I want a PS4 for.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    All of these "FFVII announced at Playstation Experience omgwtf!!" announcements need to calm down. Nobody's that excited over the original, un-remade FF7 coming "exclusively" to PS4. I already have FF7, digitally and on-disc. Hell, I'm looking over at it right now.
    Amen to that!

Come on, guys. You know what the people want, and until you say it will never, EVER happen, people will still be hoping that it will. Personally, I feel like leaving FF7 completely alone is the best way to go, but I won't say that it couldn't be done properly with discretion.
    I’m not sure that the FF7 remake ship has sailed just yet. The powers that be may be waiting for an anniversary year to reveal it, say like the 20 year anniversary would be 2017, the 25 year would be 2022... we would be at the PS5 and XB4 by then, right? Anyway, if such a thing were to happen, I would want the original development team heavily involved in remaking FF7 for the Ultra HD era. Resist silly urges, like to somehow turn the remake into an online multiplayer universe. Don’t fiddle with the gameplay/battle system at all if it can be helped. Bring back Uematsu and have him simply update the original soundtrack with an orchestra. And other such things.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I totally agree, but that's exactly why part of me doesn't want it to be made at all. Too many things could go wrong if it isn't done perfectly. Even if they just left FF7 alone forever, never mentioning it again, that would be way better than cockteasing EEEVERYONE every couple years with a "FF7 announcement" for every system they release. First the PS3, then Vita, PC, and now with the PS4. If they aren't building up to a masterpiece-tier remake of FF7, then it's just gross.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The Uncharted gameplay looked great, I'm guessing they don't want to show off set pieces and more linear stuff, but the design of that combat area was well above the previous games, plus it was pretty as I'd imagined.

Really everything is about No Mans Sky (65 Days of Static ST! yessss) for me, that just looks great. I for one was pretty excited about the ff7 port. I like the game how it is, I don't see what an HD re-skin will actually achieve in terms of the story/gameplay/characters... Just give those polygon some clean lines, make he textures (when they are there) crisp and boom. Oh and trophies I guess. I don't want it to look like Advent Children thats for sure. All I really hope is they remake FF6 because that could be really special, particularly if it embraces that Amano concept art style... *dreams*

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Also, if Secret Ponchos is a multiplayer-only game (BOO), then at least give us a tutorial or some kind of way to figure out how to play this fucking thing? Also, fuck this game. I was actually excited for this... Look, just at least tell me what my buttons do, I don't want to have to enter a multiplayer match and button smash to figure it out while people are running up to me and shooting me. Fuck. I'm so sick of multiplayer-only games.
    I actually liked the fact that I had no idea what I was running into when I downloaded this game. When there are free games available, I usually just download them all and research later. But with Secret Ponchos, I actually liked the fact that I had no idea how to play and learn as I went along. I wish it wasn't only multiplayer as well, but the multiplayer itself is pretty dam fun, and there are not much controls to the game so trying to figure them all out really is not a nuisance.

On the PS Experience... Uncharted looks great (Of course), No Mans Sky looks incredible, and the whole Final Fantasy 7 nonsense is bs... let it be. Really excited to see what is and will come to the playstation in the future.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so, just in cade anyone doesn't know, Suikoden 2 is being released on PSN today as a PS1 classic (for PS3, PSP, and PSVita)

In case you don't know why this is a big deal, the game was going for $200+ on eBay used. I often considered selling my copy, but it wasn't in mint condition anyway. Now, the value is probably going to plummet, but oh well.

It's one of the greatest old-school turn-based JRPGs ever. It seriously stands up right there with Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger. Part 1 is already on the PSN (and is a pretty damn good game itself), and I'd recommend it too, but this is huge. It's kind of odd that the game release I'm most excited about originally came out 15 years ago.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I thought the Need for Speed game was supposed to be good?

Anyway, racing isn't really my genre. I do wish they made a Wipeout game though for PS4.

I'm really apprehensive about Little Big Planet 3, and I'm hoping it isn't a disaster... but the lack of hype/advertising and the fact that the team developing it is completely different is troubling. The free PS+ indie game for next month is supposedly Secret Ponchos, which actually looks pretty great. Other than that... Geometry Wars 3? Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris?

Actually... I'd never heard of this game, but Dreamfall Chapters looks pretty interesting.
    Dreamfall Chapters is the continuation of The Longest Journey (2000) and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (2005). The first game won a shitload of awards. Granted, the original and even the sequel looks very dated in graphics, but the storyline is what makes it. In fact, I'll say there are very few games that pull off a story better. I haven't played the new one, but if it's anything other than amazing, I'll be let down. It looks quite beautiful in the previews. Planned on getting it from Steam, but I've been super busy. I may just get it on the PS4 now.
    Last edited by pulse; 12-09-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Annnnd PSN is taken down, again. This is getting real old.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Xbox Live has been down today too. Apparently both have been having problems since yesterday

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I was having some problems last night. It sorted itself out. Worked ok for a little while today before going down completely. Hasn't been back since. Was playing Metro, which I bought off psn. So now I'm locked out. Kinda sucks to lock people out of games people bought. Especially when this stuff happens so frequently.

From what I've seen, lizard squad or whatever they're called took down psn and live. Either someone needs to up their game on avoiding these outages, or catch these douchebags.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Really sucks for people that have the day off of work and want to just relax and game with what little time they might even get to, these fucking assholes have no business screwing up everyone's holiday.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I was having some problems last night. It sorted itself out. Worked ok for a little while today before going down completely. Hasn't been back since. Was playing Metro, which I bought off psn. So now I'm locked out. Kinda sucks to lock people out of games people bought. Especially when this stuff happens so frequently.

From what I've seen, lizard squad or whatever they're called took down psn and live. Either someone needs to up their game on avoiding these outages, or catch these douchebags.
    Why are you locked out of Metro, it automatically downloads to your hard drive. Also this isn't ddos from lizard squad, it's a scheduled maintenance.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Why are you locked out of Metro, it automatically downloads to your hard drive. Also this isn't ddos from lizard squad, it's a scheduled maintenance.
    Licensing. I bought Far Cry 4 on Xbox One store and one day with server difficulties made the license null and the game unplayable.

I hate the Lizard Dicks so whether they did it or not, they deserve any bile and hatred tossed their way.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    It's not scheduled maintenance, they'd be insane to do that on Christmas Day

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The license verification doesn't help matters. Ok, I can't play online. I can deal with that for a little while. But, because of this I can't play many of my games, which I paid for. That pisses me off. Can't play any of my sports games, or any of the four games I bought yesterday because of their license verification policy.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    doing scheduled maintenance on Christmas Day is the most insane thing you would EVER fucking do. Who needs hackers if you're willing to take down your online service on Christmas Day during peak hours.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    doing scheduled maintenance on Christmas Day is the most insane thing you would EVER fucking do. Who needs hackers if you're willing to take down your online service on Christmas Day during peak hours.
    Yeah, no way they'd schedule that. They'd not only be frustrating end users, but seriously pissing off their software clientele and developers. Especially those games that require online access. All those kiddies that got Destiny spent Christmas unable to play any of it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    No way they would do that. Then again, they allow a bunch of kids to consistently crash their network.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    PSN is back up, by the way.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    PSN is back up, by the way.
    On ps4? I heard it's up for only ps3, for now.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Xbox One is up and running smooth.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    PSN is still down for PS4 as of 11:05 EDT.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm sure it'll be back up by tomorrow, until next time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    In terms of that extra Christmas revenue via the PS Store, I'd say Sony totally ate a bag of dicks today. DDOS, botnets, whatever, the amount of revenue they lost would probably afford them to invest in defense of that shit to avoid the embarrassment next time. That goes for MS and Live too. An all around bad day for those consoles. I suppose the WiiU kids were happy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They should've learned when they were brought down for a month, but they didn't. They were crashed before, and didn't seem to take any real measures. Now it happens again. This time, live got hit as well. This is going to keep happening unless something drastic happens.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm not being an asshole but Sony needs to get their shit backed up, more secured and on a patrol watch to find issues. They keep getting fucked with since they refuse to address the past failures with these problems and morons keep exploiting them.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The idea of "put a band aid on it and move on" isn't working. Their negligence is partially to blame for this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    The idea of "put a band aid on it and move on" isn't working. Their negligence is partially to blame for this.
    I also blame this whole Interview thing going on now as for another reason why they have their heads up their asses.