Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointing NIN - Moments

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Wait you haven't heard Saul Williams' Convict Colony?
    I have. Never heard of the Tapeworm connection, though. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    The moment I saw this photo...
    Wait, what's wrong with it? Was it the one that made you realize he's not 6'2" of pure angst?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I lost interest in nin from Things Falling Apart until the Discipline single & Ghosts LP.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    When they edited out some amazing songs (Pilgrimage, Suck, Even Deeper, Sin) when releasing BYIT.
    YES! I wish they were put on as bonus videos on the Blu-ray. Toss in Pinion intro as well.

My disappointing moment was when Trent associated himself with PETA. I would have been fine if it was another organization, but not PETA those bunch of cuntrags.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Wait, what's wrong with it? Was it the one that made you realize he's not 6'2" of pure angst?
    No, it's the one that made me realize the 'questionable' fringe had been sent into the realms of history. I always liked that fringe.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frydek View Post
    These songs are pretty awesome to me, especially the new version of Sanctified. They play a lot of older material already, too much of the same. I was actually very happy TL wasn't played the last couple of times I've seen them.

I get disappointed every time I hear the first notes Wish, MOTP, THTF or HLAH. A NIN gig without any of these would be perfect for me.
    I'm willing to guess you live in a region that doesn't spend 9 years without getting a NIN gig...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    RE: This current tour that everyone is so disappointed in. Get over it, I am loving all the set lists because I could care less about deep cuts. I have been to so many shows since the beginning of NIN that i have pretty much seen everything I have ever wanted to see at least once but is there a song or two I wold like to see again? Of course but he plays enough of a variety that at least one of my faves is always there, Wish, for example. For the newer fans that haven't been so fortunate, sorry you were born late. If you didn't get to go to shows during the WT era through before the last hiatus that is when a lot of "deep cuts" made the rounds but even back then it wasn't enough for some people. Why not just enjoy the moment. There will come a time when NIN completely stops touring for whatever reason. Then what? You still didn't get to hear the Perfect Drug or whatever you think he should play and then you will be left with all the times you were disappointed at what was really a great show. If you are waiting for deep cuts or anything close then you are just setting yourself up and that is your problem not TR's,

Are there some records or tours I didn't like. Sure but guess what? I didn't spend my money on them. I concentrate on the NIN music I do like and listen to that and thankfully there is enough of that.

I was actually disappointed he took Closer out of the setlist for a while. If I were a casual fan and went to a NIN show where Closer wasn't played, I would be mad. Like it or not that song is the most associated with NIN and is actually is s really great song.

Anyway, I for one and looking forward to the Tampa show whatever the set list is because I skipped the arena tour so I am ready for a NIN show.
    Last edited by Star; 07-26-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    I'm willing to guess you live in a region that doesn't spend 9 years without getting a NIN gig...
    Yes I know I am privileged, having lived in Canada, France and the UK. If I lived somewhere else I'd be going wild during these songs. They're amazing songs don't get me wrong, but having seen NIN once or twice every tour since TF era, I get a little tired of these, all the more so as there are other songs I've never seen live and I'd love to. Spoilt kid I know

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    YES! I wish they were put on as bonus videos on the Blu-ray. Toss in Pinion intro as well.

My disappointing moment was when Trent associated himself with PETA. I would have been fine if it was another organization, but not PETA those bunch of cuntrags.
    I thought I was the only person that said 'cuntrag'!

Fuck PETA.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The abandonment of the Ghosts film festival.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    The abandonment of the Ghosts film festival.
    Agreed but my video for Ghosts 29 was probably one of the worst ever made.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    what's with all this PETA hate?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well, South Park makes fun of PETA all the time, so there must be something really wrong with them.

Right?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    what's with all this PETA hate?
    Probably something to do with all the pets they kill.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    what? examples, plzkthx.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    PETA is basically just a corporation who does little to nothing to actually help the causes that they claim to support.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    what? examples, plzkthx.
    In 2013 they killed 82% of the animals they took in. http://www.petakillsanimals.com/proof-peta-kills/

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Here we go again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    what? examples, plzkthx.
    Here's a good start.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    okay, okay.

on topic, i was disappointed when htda came into existence, distracting reznor from creating something worthwhile.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Closure. I would much much much rather have seen a full concert release than what was released.

When end he finally released a real concert DVD, I thought the name of the DVD (and all that could have been) described that DVD quite well in comparison to closure.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Closure. I would much much much rather have seen a full concert release than what was released.
    Totally agree. I remember buying the double VHS tapes, way back when BEFORE there was too much Internet complaining (heh), and kept waiting for the full pro shot show to start. never happened. Only watched it in full that once.

Not that everything's been unicorns and rainbows since but that was the first time I wanted my money back from something NIN related. To this day I don't understand the documentary style of Closure.

feels like something Ministry/Al would do.
    Last edited by Krazy; 07-27-2014 at 02:41 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    yeah, Closure would be the one for me. I read all the praise on it on the nets and instantly became super interested in seeing it, but after the whole thing I was like "meh".

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    what? examples, plzkthx.
    Comparing the slaughtering of pigs to the holocaust, as if there were no difference between the two.

EDIT: sorry, let's get back on topic.

The Came Back Haunted video!
    Last edited by FernandoDante; 07-27-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Comparing the slaughtering of pigs to the holocaust, as if there were no difference between the two.
    huh?

10 chars

edit: nevermind

moving on ...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I thought Morrissey was the one that did that?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This is a very minor disappointment, but still a disappointment nonetheless. I also understand as to why and how it couldn't be.

When I realized that the sample from Midnight Express was not on the 2010 remaster of Pretty Hate Machine on Sanctified. I just got far too used to hearing it.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-10-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    If we're gonna bring up the PHM remaster, then I was fairly disappointed that there was no real bonus content on it like there was for TDS remaster. A bonus disc with the best possible versions of Purest Feeling, MJO, etc. and then demos of other songs along with GDML, as opposed to adding it onto the main album, would've been great. I love GDML but think it really detracts from Ringfinger by replacing it as the final track; that big wave of distortion of Ringfinger is a great way to end the album and if you then listen to Broken right after, serves as a really fantastic transition into Pinion. I don't know, I've always loved that NIN has never put cover songs onto the main albums, leaving it to be purely NIN, while adding GDML as the closer leaves you not with NIN but with the We Will Rock You sample.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i am wondering if Purest Feeling is in some weird legal hell like PHM used to be — doesn't make sense, but who knows. i'm sure PHM bonus material was left off because he hates it all, though.

also, a Broken/Fixed remaster has been in TR's to-do list since at least 2004, so i doubt Broken was ever going to get paired with PHM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    i am wondering if Purest Feeling is in some weird legal hell like PHM used to be — doesn't make sense, but who knows. i'm sure PHM bonus material was left off because he hates it all, though.

also, a Broken/Fixed remaster has been in TR's to-do list since at least 2004, so i doubt Broken was ever going to get paired with PHM.
    I didn't imply that they should add Broken on, I meant if you sit and listen from one album to the next. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I can't imagine Trent being all too hot on demos of any of his songs like the demo of Ruiner or Reptile, etc., but he included them on TDS. He was a hardcore perfectionist in the 90's and has always been highly critical of his own work, I'm certain there's a lot of material he no longer feels good about. He hates Kinda I Want To, but they didn't cut it from the PHM remaster.

I know Inverse Phase discussed the copyright issues with the Purest Feeling material, but wasn't it just that there was no actual copyright?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Yeah it's just demos so I doubt there are any copyright issues. If there is a copyright to it, it probably just belongs to Trent.