Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TR3N - in early stages of pre-production

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I personally think Tron: Legacy blows Tron out of the water, but I'm also not looking at Tron 1 with rose-colored glasses like most people. It was a novel idea at the time of its release, but I don't think Tron has aged well at all (especially the special effects and music). I'd even say it's more than a little boring. The special effects and music of Legacy alone are enough to easily surpass the original for me.
    i really enjoyed tron legacy, and i understand what you mean about the original not necessarily aging well...but the soundtrack??? if you're talking about the two Journey songs, fine, those suck, as does that band. but Wendy Carlos' score is INCREDIBLE. o.O

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I personally think Tron: Legacy blows Tron out of the water
    And then some people are completely wrong... Dude, I liked Legazy a lot, but come on! But... better than the original?!
    I'm seriously beginning to doubt your commitment to the true Tron legacy.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Either this record has a locked groove, or someone has a cruuuuuush. ♥
    You don't even get how awesome Dracula is. Run along.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i really enjoyed tron legacy, and i understand what you mean about the original not necessarily aging well...but the soundtrack??? if you're talking about the two Journey songs, fine, those suck, as does that band. but Wendy Carlos' score is INCREDIBLE. o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    And then some people are completely wrong... Dude, I liked Legazy a lot, but come on! But... better than the original?!
    I'm seriously beginning to doubt your commitment to the true Tron legacy.
    Haha! I knew that would be a controversial opinion in this thread! I just really like the atmosphere that Tron: Legacy created and that Daft Punk score is FIRE!! I REALLY hope they sign on for Tron: Ares (or whatever this sequel will be called)!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Your attempt to change the subject only cements your crush for Jared Leto. This is now my headcanon.

Also, that adaptation of Dracula is rubbish. Overblown, poorly-paced, star-studded rubbish. Undeserving of Bram Stoker's name in the title.
    no, it was a good movie, even though my darling Jared Leto isn’t in it. Admit it though, you’ve never read the book. The FFC movie is the closest adaptation and it’s “paced” the same

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I wrote a dissertation on it!

That movie sucks... If you're looking for something that's actually a little closer to the book, check out the 1977 BBC version. It's dated, low budget, and dry as fuck. More like an academic play than a movie.
    Ive seen it, it sucks. And Gary Oldman as Dracula was way more than “good”

anyway: Tron 3 and stuff
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-12-2020 at 05:15 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Alright so I can’t say much, but anyone that knows me here knows I’m not about bullshitting. I’ve got a family member in the movie business here in Van that gave me some great news about the start of a certain movie that’ll be starting production early next year here. Ok byyyeeee.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Alright so I can’t say much, but anyone that knows me here knows I’m not about bullshitting. I’ve got a family member in the movie business here in Van that gave me some great news about the start of a certain movie that’ll be starting production early next year here. Ok byyyeeee.
    I just wish that Joseph Kosinski was directing this one and that Daft Punk could return to score it. Apparently Garth Davis is directing (whoever he is). Jared Leto hasn't had much luck lately, but (assuming he's the villain/antagonist) I'm hoping for a performance more akin to that of his role in Blade Runner 2049 (meaning creepy & sinister in a subtle, more muted kind of way, not a "look at me" kind of way).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Filming starts here in less than two months, Evan Peters (American Horror Story) just announced as the main villain.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Seems like Evan Peters should be the hero and Jared Leto should be the villain. I'm happy he's involved, though!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Soooo, as mentioned I have a family member who is on the TRON: Ares crew. He may have given me some info regarding the main story/plot and uhh....

Let's just say I'm hesitant it'll be good? Who knows, I love TRON so will of course see it and love Ronning as a director but man.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I'm curious who they will tap for the soundtrack. DP set the bar very high as their music was a perfect fit for the TRON universe and I know fans will be expecting something close to what they brought in. As for the movie, I will be seeing it regardless of the reviews as I have loved TRON since I was a little kid with the first film.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like the Ares cast is nearing completion.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Filming now underway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Can't wait to see Tren

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Can't wait to see Tren
    I'm actually more excited about Tran.

Mentioned