Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Criterion Collection

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The box isn't Se7en

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_Ed View Post
    I hope that's a Jeanne Dielman, 23 Commerce Quay, 1080 Brussels clue.

Also, someone at Criterion has said Sixteen Candles would be a dream release for them.
    That is definitely Jeanne Dielman as I think it's getting a Blu-Ray upgrade. It's a great film as I own that and a boxset of films Chantal Akerman did in the 70s. I hope more of her work comes out.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double-post but coming in April from Criterion:

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tampopo, yes!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Individual releases for The Umbrellas of Cherbourg and The Young Girls of Rochefort are also coming out in April.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Coming in May....

I'm fucking stoked for Ghost World as I'm totally going to get that as well as Othello (very underrated) and Good Morning (great Ozu film). I'm intrigued by Deephan which is a film I want to see because of Jacques Audiard as well as the films in the second box set of Martin Scorsese's World Films project. I already have the DVD for Jeanne Dielman which is a great fucking film.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Coming in July: A Blu-Ray upgrade of and these 3 new upcoming releases:

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Stalker getting a release is huge -- that's one I've heard people complain about them not having for as long as anything else in the fan wishlist of future titles.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hopefully Stalker ends up being a good transfer. If I remember correctly, each previous Stalker release has been drastically different from the last in terms of color.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I have a 2006 DVD of the film from Kino which is a good transfer. I hope this one is better as it's one of my favorite films. Hopefully they put an upgraded version of Andrei Rublev as well as new DVD/Blu-Rays for The Mirror, Nostalghia (w/ Voyage of Time as an extra), and The Sacrifice. Tarkovsky is a must for anyone that loves cinema.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Holy fuck, I didn't realize Mosfilms had uploaded Stalker on their youtube channel earlier this year. This print looks amazing

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I saw that trailer and holy fuck. How can you not want to see this under that new transfer? I love the film but whoa... that transfer looks incredible. I hope to get it either in July or November at the Barnes & Noble Criterion sale.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    multiple maniacs and ghost world.

yessssss.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

This was their latest newsletter clue. The consensus on the Criterion forum site I'm on is that it's Fire Walk With Me, with some speculation that they might even release a new TP box set featuring the new season.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Coming in August, &

And coming in September,

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Coming in September, &

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The October titles have prematurely leaked as there are pre-orders up on Amazon for the following: Barry Lyndon, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, Personal Shopper, Vampyr, The Lure. And a re-release of It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh.... Barry Lyndon.... I must have that one. I also want Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me. Recently at the Barnes & Noble sale, I got Pasolini's Trilogy of Life, Ghost World, and Kieslowski's Blind Chance. I'm now waiting for Antonioni's Identification of a Woman.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    There is going to end up being a never ending argument on Stalker on the internet, in regards to the intensity of the sepia scenes.
    On Mosfilm's youtube and the Bluray released in France, it's not as intense as Criterion's release of Stalker, which is intensely yellow
    http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/216151

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    yeah criterion fucked up mulholland drive and I'm still cautious after that one. I just reached their print for the first time in a while and it's unimaginable that they would release it like that.

"premature leak" 2 days after announcement day was supposed to happen, but in stoked about Barry Lyndon

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    There's not an official set date for when they make these announcements, just usually the middle of the month, and that means the 15th (unless it falls on a weekend). Frankly I just wish they'd announce one every week.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    October
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 07-18-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Vampyr...Criterion released that on DVD years ago. They're just now getting around to the blu-ray?

Also, I wonder if (hope) the Fire Walk With Me blu-ray will have any supplements that aren't already on the Twin Peaks blu-ray box that came out a few years ago? Not that I won't buy it again regardless..
    New 2015 interview with Lynch. That's it I believe. I got the Entire Mystery set so I'm not buying it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    The October titles have prematurely leaked as there are pre-orders up on Amazon for the following: Barry Lyndon, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, Personal Shopper, Vampyr, The Lure. And a re-release of It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
    Fucking finally for Barry Lyndon!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    They're putting all those extras, including The Missing Pieces, on a single disc with FWWM. There's no way in hell it's going to look better than what was included on The Entire Mystery set, and there's no way in hell it isn't going to have compression issues.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

That would be one hell of a b-day present. I may not be a fan of the Olympics and the growing corruption and entitlement of the IOC but those docs are awesome.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    November

Last edited by onthewall2983; 09-19-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Le Samourai is a masterpiece. I hope they would get Army of Shadows back on Criterion as it's one of several Melville films I haven't seen. Jabberwocky is a pretty good film from Terry Gilliam. Flawed but enjoyable. Desert Hearts is just incredible.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Also coming in December aside from the Olympic box set which includes a few new reissues for The Complete Monterey Pop documentary and General Idi Amin Dada and....