Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42
Results 1,231 to 1,247 of 1247

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

  1. #1231
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    5,664
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Well, in honor of this great day. Here is a tribute to Jason Voorhees:


  2. #1232
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,481
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EPICRAGE View Post
    I watched BETTER WATCH OUT, previously known as Safe Neighborhood, today. It was awesome! It may be my second favorite horror film of the year after Hounds of Love. I'd recommend watching it RIGHT NOW but go in without seeing the trailer. AVOID SPOILERS!
    Check out The Babysitter if you have the chance. In the same vein as Better Watch Out but with an added touch of comedy.

  3. #1233
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I watched Jigsaw today, and as someone who is a fan of the franchise despite IV-VII being very hit or miss, I found myself overall enjoying this latest entry. It offers nothing new with regards to the formula presented throughout the series--victims forced to endure elaborate traps while a group of law enforcement officials work in a race against time to catch the killer--but I did think it was a stronger entry in the series than the last few films. It moves at a brisk pace and kept my interest throughout. As someone who showed up to the theater every year on opening day to watch these movies it was very exciting to have another Saw movie on Halloween, although part of that is nostalgia. Jigsaw is a fun horror movie that I'd put above IV, V, VI, and VII (especially IV and VII), but as someone who recently revisited the series before this new entry came out, it doesn't touch the original or II and III, which still remain the strongest sequels, in my opinion. Worth a trip to the theater if you're a fan of the Saw franchise or want to watch a horror movie on the big screen for Halloween.

  4. #1234
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    5,664
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    So far, this month. I've seen a damn good number of horror films. The Babadook, Raw, Jigoku, The VVitch, The Innocents, Rear Window, and the original version of Last House on the Left as I always like to think of October as the best damn month to see films. Especially as I'm watching these different kind of horror films that really come all sorts of places.

  5. #1235
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    So we watched Raw and it is one of the best movies I've seen in awhile. The mrs thought so too.

    I personally didn't really think it was a horror movie. But it's insanely rich in subtext and meaning and just really stunning to watch.

    Also, it's now available on Netflix.

  6. #1236
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    5,664
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So we watched Raw and it is one of the best movies I've seen in awhile. The mrs thought so too.

    I personally didn't really think it was a horror movie. But it's insanely rich in subtext and meaning and just really stunning to watch.

    Also, it's now available on Netflix.
    Agreed. It's a pretty fucked up film but it's so incredible. The things that would happen to people who are vegetarians and what happens when they're forced to eat meat. There's some stuff in that film that is intense.

  7. #1237
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,481
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Watched Annabelle Creation last night. 100x better than the first one and overall, a great horror flick. The last hour or so was relentlessly tense. Really liked it.

    Ghost Adventures investigated the real doll last night as part of their 2-hour Halloween special. I'm gonna go watch this right now. They apparently took it out of her case.

  8. #1238
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    5,490
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Watched The Babadook last night for the first time...it was ok, I guess. I recommend tracking down a new-ish thriller movie called 'Pet'....and don't spoil it for yourself. Crazy good.

  9. #1239
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Watched Annabelle Creation last night. 100x better than the first one and overall, a great horror flick. The last hour or so was relentlessly tense. Really liked it.

    Ghost Adventures investigated the real doll last night as part of their 2-hour Halloween special. I'm gonna go watch this right now. They apparently took it out of her case.
    Oh, well that's great news man.
    I was a little worried because it seemed like it wound up on dvd kind of fast (but my time perception might be off.)
    I'm gonna check it out today

  10. #1240
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Agreed. It's a pretty fucked up film but it's so incredible. The things that would happen to people who are vegetarians and what happens when they're forced to eat meat. There's some stuff in that film that is intense.
    Sorry for double post but I really wanted to mention this.
    I thought that movie was pure allegory. I thought it was about going from a place of virginity to a place of carnality, on multiple levels

    Also I do agree with you that the film is pretty damn intense.
    Although the goal of the film is not to be frightening, I kind of feel like you need to be a horror fan to be able to handle the surface level subject matter.

  11. #1241
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Heaven or Las Vegas
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After what you guys were saying about Raw I'm going to have to check it out. I watched Annabelle Creation I loved it, it was better than the first one however I think the first one could have been better if they had edited it better. The problem with the first one was that it dragged too much and the pace of the movie was lost. They definitely needed to cut some scenes especially near the end at the apartment.

  12. #1242
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    My wife and I were both really pleasantly surprised by Annabeele: Creation. There were parts of it that scared the hell out of the both of us and the cinematography was beautiful and felt like a Conjuring movie.

    So apparently, they are building a full on "Conjuring Cinematic universe." There's two spin offs in the works: The Nun and The Crooked Man, as well as The Conjuring Three.

    after seeing Annabelle Creation, I look forward to the spin offs and sequels. It wasn't Casablanca, but it's a frightening movie that's good enough to be connected to The Conjuring.

  13. #1243
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,558
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    So I watched Night of the Demons (1988) last night with a friend and tonight I’m gonna watch a few Tales From The Crypt episodes!

    Happy Halloween everyone, make tonight count for horror!

  14. #1244
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Posts
    4,660
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

    Happy Halloween everyone, make tonight count for horror!
    Hell yes man. Halloween is why we jumped on Annabelle: Creation.
    Happy Halloween, fellow horror fans!

  15. #1245
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Heaven or Las Vegas
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    My wife and I were both really pleasantly surprised by Annabeele: Creation. There were parts of it that scared the hell out of the both of us and the cinematography was beautiful and felt like a Conjuring movie.

    So apparently, they are building a full on "Conjuring Cinematic universe." There's two spin offs in the works: The Nun and The Crooked Man, as well as The Conjuring Three.

    after seeing Annabelle Creation, I look forward to the spin offs and sequels. It wasn't Casablanca, but it's a frightening movie that's good enough to be connected to The Conjuring.

    http://movieweb.com/the-nun-movie-vi...uring-spinoff/


    I just read an article about the Conjuring universe and how they intend to expand on it. I look forward to The Nun a character I feel we haven't seen enough of yet.



  16. #1246
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    1,940
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I watched Hellraiser II on Halloween. I severely was deprived of good movie watching this season. Sucks.

  17. #1247
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,558
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Me and the girl I've been seeing went on a last minute whim and seen Happy Death Day super late last night. I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked it. In a current sea of nothing but paranormal films and their spin-offs it was nice to see a semi-slasher with a pretty decent plot.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions