Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1231

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

  1. #1201
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Donegal, Ireland
    Posts
    2,817
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I saw the new Annabelle movie yesterday. I thought it was really good. Very, very scary.
    Did you get the IT trailer/preview?

  2. #1202
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Posts
    4,584
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Phoenix Forgotten was a good found footage movie: well acted, written and paced.
    It just wasn't that SCARY.
    But it's worth a watch for sure.

  3. #1203
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,453
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Phoenix Forgotten was a good found footage movie: well acted, written and paced.
    It just wasn't that SCARY.
    But it's worth a watch for sure.
    That was a Quebec produced movie. Shot in Montreal with local actors. Their accent was bugging me at first. It was good but agree that it wasn't scary. CGI was good for a small budget movie.

    edit: scratch that! Wrong movie. I was thinking of The Gracefield Incident. Check it out if you can.

  4. #1204
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Posts
    4,584
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Have any of you seen a movie called Be My Cat: A Film for Anne?
    I've heard rave reviews but can't find it ANYWHERE

  5. #1205
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Posts
    4,584
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    That was a Quebec produced movie. Shot in Montreal with local actors. Their accent was bugging me at first. It was good but agree that it wasn't scary. CGI was good for a small budget movie.

    edit: scratch that! Wrong movie. I was thinking of The Gracefield Incident. Check it out if you can.
    The Gracefield Incident? I will look for it, thanks.

  6. #1206
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,453
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Have any of you seen a movie called Be My Cat: A Film for Anne?
    I've heard rave reviews but can't find it ANYWHERE
    Never heard of it but I'll look for it. Will let you know if I find anything.

  7. #1207
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Donegal, Ireland
    Posts
    2,817
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I just watched The Transfiguration and I highly recommend it.

    Also, Hell House LLC is very good.

  8. #1208
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,453
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tobe Hooper passed away. Another legendary horror director leaving us. Damn..

  9. #1209
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    681
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Tobe Hooper passed away. Another legendary horror director leaving us. Damn..
    He had an amazing body of work, but Invaders from Mars is my favorite. As a kid, it really freaked me out, the idea that you can't trust adult, the teachers, and even your parents...

    While it's (intentionally) campier than the others, it deserves to be talked about every time there's a conversation about the great 80s remakes such as The Fly, The Thing and Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Or at least when The Blob comes up

  10. #1210
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,453
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    He had an amazing body of work, but Invaders from Mars is my favorite. As a kid, it really freaked me out, the idea that you can't trust adult, the teachers, and even your parents...
    Oh yeah! That movie scared the fuck out of me when I first watched it. Haven't watched it in recent memories. Wondering if it aged well...

    His body of work is indeed quite impressive.

  11. #1211
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Tobe Hooper passed away. Another legendary horror director leaving us. Damn..
    Definitely a legend in horror. Films like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Poltergeist are standards of the genre while I also really liked Lifeforce. He will be missed.

  12. #1212
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,481
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Definitely a legend in horror. Films like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Poltergeist are standards of the genre while I also really liked Lifeforce. He will be missed.


    Boooooom.

  13. #1213
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    The Funhouse scared the beejesus out of me when it came out. RIP Tobe, you'll be greatly missed.

    As for Poltergeist: there still is controversy as to who actually directed it. Hooper is credited but rumors have been flying since the movie came out that is was Spielberg who directed it. You can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polter...reative_credit

    All I hope is that Spielberg will keep his mouth shut and let Hooper keep the credit.

  14. #1214
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,481
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    The Funhouse scared the beejesus out of me when it came out. RIP Tobe, you'll be greatly missed.

    As for Poltergeist: there still is controversy as to who actually directed it. Hooper is credited but rumors have been flying since the movie came out that is was Spielberg who directed it. You can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polter...reative_credit

    All I hope is that Spielberg will keep his mouth shut and let Hooper keep the credit.
    I agree! A great film! It's not your typical horror schlock either. It's also in my collection such as Lifeforce above:


  15. #1215
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Girl With All the Gifts
    Sadako vs Kayak
    Beware the Slenderman
    Creepy
    Split

    XX
    Shut In
    Get Out
    Resident Evil The Final Chapter
    Prevenge
    The Bye Bye Man
    GhostWatch (1992)
    Rings
    A Dark Song
    Dig Two Graves
    The Devil's Candy
    From a House on Willow Street
    Life
    Raw
    It Comes at Night

    A Cure for Wellness
    The Blackouts Daughter
    The Lure
    Hounds of Love
    Noroi: The Curse
    Phoenix Forgotten

    Annabelle Creation
    Little Evil

    Those are the horror movies I have seen for the first time this year. The ones in bold are the only ones I would recommend, and some of them (Split, It Comes At Night, Prevenge) aren't technically "horror". The ones in italic are OKAY but I wouldn't tell people to seek them out. I think the best one I have seen this year, and that I still often think about, would be Hounds of Love.

  16. #1216
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Posts
    4,584
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EPICRAGE View Post
    The Girl With All the Gifts
    Sadako vs Kayak
    Beware the Slenderman
    Creepy
    Split

    XX
    Shut In
    Get Out
    Resident Evil The Final Chapter
    Prevenge
    The Bye Bye Man
    GhostWatch (1992)
    Rings
    A Dark Song
    Dig Two Graves
    The Devil's Candy
    From a House on Willow Street
    Life
    Raw
    It Comes at Night

    A Cure for Wellness
    The Blackouts Daughter
    The Lure
    Hounds of Love
    Noroi: The Curse
    Phoenix Forgotten

    Annabelle Creation
    Little Evil

    Those are the horror movies I have seen for the first time this year. The ones in bold are the only ones I would recommend, and some of them (Split, It Comes At Night, Prevenge) aren't technically "horror". The ones in italic are OKAY but I wouldn't tell people to seek them out. I think the best one I have seen this year, and that I still often think about, would be Hounds of Love.
    thanks!

  17. #1217
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,453
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    It will open at $117M, a record for an horror movie.

    http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...or-debut-ever/

    This is good news for horror fans.
    Hopefully, studios will green light more horror projects.

  18. #1218
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Posts
    4,584
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Has anyone seen The Hatred?
    It has terrible reviews but it seems like the only horror movies that get good reviews are the ones with a clever concept (the babadook, it follows, the monster.)
    I like clever concepts as much as the next guy, but the main reason I watch horror is to be scared by scary ghosts and shit.
    At any rate, before I go to the trouble of obtaining this thing, I wondered if any of you could tell me if it's worth it.

  19. #1219
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,453
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Has anyone seen The Hatred?
    It has terrible reviews but it seems like the only horror movies that get good reviews are the ones with a clever concept (the babadook, it follows, the monster.)
    I like clever concepts as much as the next guy, but the main reason I watch horror is to be scared by scary ghosts and shit.
    At any rate, before I go to the trouble of obtaining this thing, I wondered if any of you could tell me if it's worth it.
    I haven't seen it. Like the premise. Added to watchlist.

    I agree that sometimes we have to take chances on those low-rated titles.

  20. #1220
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Watched It comes at night and The Vault last night. The first had a good atmosphere and some scary moments (6/10), but The Vault was pure trash, avoid at all cost.

  21. #1221
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    681
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Announced as the "final film" in the franchise, next year's Halloween sequel will tie up Jamie Lee Curtis' character's storyline (again). This feels very uninspired, on the other hand, Carpenter (producing only) promised to help make this the scariest movie in the series, which would be nice. I already know I'll see it on the big screen when it comes out, so I'm rooting for the project.

    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jamie-lee-curtis-halloween-finale-set-2018-1202560418/

  22. #1222
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    681
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by decadent View Post
    Watched It comes at night and The Vault last night. The first had a good atmosphere and some scary moments (6/10), but The Vault was pure trash, avoid at all cost.
    I saw It Comes at Night in theaters when it came out and thought it was quite a let down. And I enjoy moody, slow-burning movies, but it was just not going anywhere, really.

  23. #1223
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Is anyone here watching Channel Zero? Second season (No End House) has begun. I thought the first season had some genuinely creepy moments although it kind of fell flat, especially towards the end.
    The series is based on creepypasta stories (first season on Candle Cove, second one on NoEnd House).

  24. #1224
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched BETTER WATCH OUT, previously known as Safe Neighborhood, today. It was awesome! It may be my second favorite horror film of the year after Hounds of Love. I'd recommend watching it RIGHT NOW but go in without seeing the trailer. AVOID SPOILERS!

  25. #1225
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I just watched The Babadook this afternoon. HOLY FUCK!!!!!!! That was fucking incredible. There were some scary shit but man, Jennifer Kent fucking delivered with that film as did Essie Davis in a performance for the ages.

  26. #1226
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,481
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)


    Just watched this so it prompted me to make a post in here. Any other fans of the classic 30's-50's black and white Universal films and their sequels?

  27. #1227
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Any other fans of the classic 30's-50's black and white Universal films and their sequels?
    I am. Bride of Frankenstein is one of my all time favorite movies.

  28. #1228
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,453
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EPICRAGE View Post
    I watched BETTER WATCH OUT, previously known as Safe Neighborhood, today. It was awesome! It may be my second favorite horror film of the year after Hounds of Love. I'd recommend watching it RIGHT NOW but go in without seeing the trailer. AVOID SPOILERS!
    I had this one on my watchlist for a while (when it was called Safe Neighborhood) and kinda forgot about it.

    Just finished watching and I must say it was a fun ride. Glad you brought it up.

  29. #1229
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Bayfield
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm looking forward to Happy Death Day. We're gonna see it on Saturday.

  30. #1230
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone else watching the Friday the 13th series on, you guessed it, Friday the 13th? Just started Jason Takes Manhattan (not my favorite by any means) and after struggling through the abortion that is Part V, I still realize how much I love this series overall. Hope all of my fellow horror fans are enjoying this day and the month of October, and Happy Halloween to you all!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions