Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40
Results 1,171 to 1,191 of 1191

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    ok, what's good? i don't know what to watch.

Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    i need you, @Deepvoid . I am stuck.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i need you, @Deepvoid . I am stuck.
    Let me check what recent horror ratings ...

Incarnate may interest you. It's about demons and possession. Stars Aaron Eckhart. It's average at best but I know you're into supernatural stuff.
    That's pretty much all I got since my last post.

I mean, I got more on my watchlist but since I haven't seen them, I can't go on the record with formal recommendations. Watch at your own risk.

-Drifter (Devil's Rejects ripoff)
    -Emilie
    -Entity
    -The Gathering
    -Stay Alive

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Has anybody seen the movie "The Void"? its on iTunes right now. Looks interesting but I'd like to read a review from one of the ghouls that haunt this thread, and I mean that in a good way.

Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    so Get Out really is THAT GOOD.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Has anybody seen the movie "The Void"? its on iTunes right now. Looks interesting but I'd like to read a review from one of the ghouls that haunt this thread, and I mean that in a good way.
    Watched it last night, Had a fairly promising opening hour, lots of tension and more than a few nods to JC's 'The Thing'. The second half of the movie kinda felt flat. The practical effects are really good though. 7/10

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    does anyone remember watching 'usa up all night'? they showed this movie called spookies that scared the shit outta me when i was a kid. i watched it last night on youtube and, holy hell, what a campy piece of 80's trash.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    does anyone remember watching 'usa up all night'? they showed this movie called spookies that scared the shit outta me when i was a kid. i watched it last night on youtube and, holy hell, what a campy piece of 80's trash.
    I remember that show. Rhonda Shear was the host back then.

Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    so there is this low budget found footage type horror movie on YouTube called Rorschach. It really actually freaked me out.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    @elevenism Check out Hell House LLC. Found footage following organizers of a hauted house. Thought it was above average.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4267026/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I watched It Comes At Night yesterday and despite all of the stellar reviews and some comments of fellow horror fans online loving the movie, I just didn't like it. I felt moments that were meant to be tense came across as dull, none of the characters were very interesting, and I thought the film dragged on with very little payoff to show for it in the end. I found the dream sequences to be well done and creepy, but that's the only positive thing I can say about this film. I'm usually a big fan of slow burn horror where the focus is on the characters and their environment and where the struggle of isolation and paranoia eat away at them physically and emotionally, I loved The Witch last year and The Blackcoat's Daughter is my pick for best horror film of 2017 so far, but It Comes At Night, in my opinion, isn't something I'd recommend.

Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    I watched It Comes At Night yesterday and despite all of the stellar reviews and some comments of fellow horror fans online loving the movie, I just didn't like it. I felt moments that were meant to be tense came across as dull, none of the characters were very interesting, and I thought the film dragged on with very little payoff to show for it in the end. I found the dream sequences to be well done and creepy, but that's the only positive thing I can say about this film. I'm usually a big fan of slow burn horror where the focus is on the characters and their environment and where the struggle of isolation and paranoia eat away at them physically and emotionally, I loved The Witch last year and The Blackcoat's Daughter is my pick for best horror film of 2017 so far, but It Comes At Night, in my opinion, isn't something I'd recommend.
    Didn't The Blackcoat's Daughter come out in 2015 though?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Didn't The Blackcoat's Daughter come out in 2015 though?
    I know that it was shown at a few film festivals and didn't get its official VOD release until early this year. Either way, I'd give The Blackcoat's Daughter a chance if you haven't seen it yet.

Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    I know that it was shown at a few film festivals and didn't get its official VOD release until early this year. Either way, I'd give The Blackcoat's Daughter a chance if you haven't seen it yet.
    Thanks for the tip, man. I was just making sure i was nabbing the right flick: it says 2015. I will check it out tonight i think!
    And thank you too @Deepvoid . That Hell House movie was pretty damn cool. Thank you for thinking of me.

Did you guys see that Rorschach movie btw?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's been out in some countries since last year. It's been on Irish Netflix since last year. I really didn't care for it at all.

I've been behind on most of my watching since the last two months have been crazy with college. Finished for the summer now, so I've started tackling the backlog of things to watch. Found The Belko Experiment to be a mixed bag - the middle section is oddly paced but when it's good, it's very good.

Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    I thought The Blackcoat's Daughter was decent.
    did any of you try that Rorschach movie on YouTube? I really got a kick out of it.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The Houses October Built 2!! Coming out this September VOD

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...xtreme-haunts/

I loved the first one. This should be good!

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

I probably mentioned this prior but I really wanna see this. Tempting blind buying the blu-ray.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Saw Noroi the other day and LOVED it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    just barely made it through kuso. the best part was the music. unfortunately i can't disassociate the soundtrack from the visuals. sadly, i'll never hear any of it again.

Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Saw Noroi the other day and LOVED it.
    my wife had a terrible, goddamn near fatal seizure during that movie. At first (for like one second,) I thought she was fucking around and imitating the twitchy character.
    Now the movie didn't cause the seizure in a physical way: it just so happened that that was her first epileptic seizure (and she wound up with status epilepticus going on through the next day; hence the possibility of death.)

SO, due to the Pavlovian association, we've never finished the movie.

Perhaps that shit really IS cursed.