Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2266

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    The casting descriptions leaked for the next Friday the 13th are... interesting.
    Unfortunately, it's been cancelled. Looks like we're not gonna see the next chapter anytime soon.
    It makes you wonder what some of these people are thinking. Horror releases are doing good on the box-office. New Line knows the franchise has a big fan base.

This sucks.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Unfortunately, it's been cancelled. Looks like we're not gonna see the next chapter anytime soon.
    It makes you wonder what some of these people are thinking. Horror releases are doing good on the box-office. New Line knows the franchise has a big fan base.

This sucks.
    The script leaked. I haven't read it personally, but the summary on Bloody Disgusting is a bit messy.

Also, the script for Halloween Returns leaked as well, albeit apparently it did so in mid-2016. I'm reading it now and it's weird but would have made a decent movie.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    A CURE FOR WELLNESS. So I'm tired and not sure where else to post this. Didn't see a thread, but I'm not sure if it warrants one...? When I say that, I mean in the sense that I'm really confused about how I feel about the movie, but I can sum it up in three points -

1. Cinematography, casting, and sound design were stellar. They NAILED the creepy, unsettling vibe.
    2. HOLY shit, did some kind of identity crisis happen around 2/3 into this story or what.
    3. Every single review on Rotten Tomatoes is pretty accurate. It seems like the biggest problem people have with it is the same as mine - I loved where it could have been going, and then after a point I thought "wow, that's a solid little mysterious ending...wait...." AND IT WENT ON FOR LIKE ANOTHER HALF HOUR, for no truly necessary reason. But hey, it was a discomforting flick, maybe that was the point, idk.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-20-2017 at 11:23 AM. Reason: I'm dumb and forgot to say the name of the movie.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    So I'm tired and not sure where else to post this. Didn't see a thread, but I'm not sure if it warrants one...? When I say that, I mean in the sense that I'm really confused about how I feel about the movie, but I can sum it up in three points -

1. Cinematography, casting, and sound design were stellar. They NAILED the creepy, unsettling vibe.
    2. HOLY shit, did some kind of identity crisis happen around 2/3 into this story or what.
    3. Every single review on Rotten Tomatoes is pretty accurate. It seems like the biggest problem people have with it is the same as mine - I loved where it could have been going, and then after a point I thought "wow, that's a solid little mysterious ending...wait...." AND IT WENT ON FOR LIKE ANOTHER HALF HOUR, for no truly necessary reason. But hey, it was a discomforting flick, maybe that was the point, idk.
    What movie is this you're talking about?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Irreversible is fucking hard to watch. It's like ASF, where you only need to see it once. It stays with you forever after that. I can't imagine what that must have been like, filming that horrible scene..
    Irreversible spoilers:

Spoiler: Are you referring to the fire extinguisher bashing or the rape scene? Both of those scenes have stuck with me over the years, and I remember the fire extinguisher scene being one of the most brutal beating deaths I had seen in a movie at the point. Let's zoom in on the head (from profile) and watch a metal object collapse a face.

Am I remembering that correctly? I only watched it once, and it was a rental from Blockbuster video.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketScience View Post
    What movie is this you're talking about?

Corrected! Thanks for the heads up, I'd typed all that once and this fucking iOS fucked up and lost the page, so I must've left it out when I typed it again. But it's A Cure For Wellness!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Irreversible is a truly fucked-up film that you can only see once. I'm kind of glad I own the DVD as it was my gateway to Gaspar Noe as I think Enter the Void is his crowning achievement. Still, Irreversible is an absolutely extreme film which is pretty much what Noe is known to do as I also think his earlier films like Carne and I Stand Alone were just as extreme as well as some of his shorts.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @elevenism There has been some new releases in February that may interest you.

I had the chance to watch Don't Knock Twice and Havenhurst this weekend. First one is about an urban legend of a demonic witch, who haunts a girl. The movie never really hits a good pace but it still had some good moments and scare.
    Havenhurst is some people who mysteriously disappear in this gothic apparent building.

I also got Don't Hang Up and The Monster but I haven't watch those yet.

I watched XX and really didn't care much for it. The Box was cool but The Birthday Party failed to keep me interested. Movie redeemed itself with Don't Fall. Overall, it was not as good as Southbound in my opinion.

Other titles I've seen lately include Late Phases and From The Dark. I would recommend the latter only.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 02-28-2017 at 06:11 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @elevenism There has been some new releases in February that may interest you.

I had the chance to watch Don't Knock Twice and Havenhurst this weekend. First one is about an urban legend of a demonic witch, who haunts a girl. The movie never really hits a good pace but it still had some good moments and scare.
    Havenhurst is some people who mysteriously disappear in this gothic apparent building.

I also got Don't Hang Up and The Monster but I haven't watch those yet.

I watched XX and really didn't care much for it. The Box was cool but The Birthday Party failed to keep me interested. Movie redeemed itself with Don't Fall. Overall, it was not as good as Southbound in my opinion.

Other titles I've seen lately include Late Phases and From The Dark. I would recommend the latter only.
    So @Deepvoid are you only suggesting From the Dark out of ALL the titles you listed, or just the last two?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @elevenism Go with From The Dark, The Monster (heard good things).

Give Don't Knock Twice a chance and let me know what thought.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    @elevenism Go with From The Dark, The Monster (heard good things).

Give Don't Knock Twice a chance and let me know what thought.

I was excited to watch The Monster and was really let down.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

I love Rob Zombie's new hat: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRG7M3IlbiR
    Last edited by Ryan; 03-11-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I was excited to watch The Monster and was really let down.
    Just watched it. I agree, it wasn't really good. Too bad because the monster was actually cool looking. The setting of the movie and its execution was just bad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Get Out is a fantastic, fun, hilarious, intelligent, and socially relevant film and is one of the best horror films I've seen in a very long time. I'm already looking forward to seeing it again, and buying it whenever it's on blu-ray. I highly recommend catching it in theaters. The crowd I was with made this into one of the best audience experiences I've had with a movie as well. Everyone was engaged and reacted perfectly (laughed, cried out, some comments here and there more so out of immersion rather than heckling) and applause when the end credits began. I look forward to more horror films by Jordan Peele.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Okay @Khrz and @NYRexall i watched martyrs.
    It made me realize that i am damn near desensitized to violence at this point.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Oh I'm so fuckin' pumped that this is happening! Bloody tourists.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    Get Out is a fantastic, fun, hilarious, intelligent, and socially relevant film and is one of the best horror films I've seen in a very long time. I'm already looking forward to seeing it again, and buying it whenever it's on blu-ray. I highly recommend catching it in theaters. The crowd I was with made this into one of the best audience experiences I've had with a movie as well. Everyone was engaged and reacted perfectly (laughed, cried out, some comments here and there more so out of immersion rather than heckling) and applause when the end credits began. I look forward to more horror films by Jordan Peele.
    It's just opened over here and I can't wait to see it.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I just watched the Belko Experiment. I really enjoyed it. It's was pretty smart, it's a great setup and a very good watch. Highly recommended.

That said, it never got REALLY tense, it never got into that cat-and-mouse, coworkers hunting each other territory I expected. It stayed pretty light on tension the whole time. But it was gory and a fun ride.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    ok, what's good? i don't know what to watch.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i need you, @Deepvoid . I am stuck.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i need you, @Deepvoid . I am stuck.
    Let me check what recent horror ratings ...

Incarnate may interest you. It's about demons and possession. Stars Aaron Eckhart. It's average at best but I know you're into supernatural stuff.
    That's pretty much all I got since my last post.

I mean, I got more on my watchlist but since I haven't seen them, I can't go on the record with formal recommendations. Watch at your own risk.

-Drifter (Devil's Rejects ripoff)
    -Emilie
    -Entity
    -The Gathering
    -Stay Alive

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Has anybody seen the movie "The Void"? its on iTunes right now. Looks interesting but I'd like to read a review from one of the ghouls that haunt this thread, and I mean that in a good way.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    so Get Out really is THAT GOOD.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Has anybody seen the movie "The Void"? its on iTunes right now. Looks interesting but I'd like to read a review from one of the ghouls that haunt this thread, and I mean that in a good way.
    Watched it last night, Had a fairly promising opening hour, lots of tension and more than a few nods to JC's 'The Thing'. The second half of the movie kinda felt flat. The practical effects are really good though. 7/10

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    does anyone remember watching 'usa up all night'? they showed this movie called spookies that scared the shit outta me when i was a kid. i watched it last night on youtube and, holy hell, what a campy piece of 80's trash.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    does anyone remember watching 'usa up all night'? they showed this movie called spookies that scared the shit outta me when i was a kid. i watched it last night on youtube and, holy hell, what a campy piece of 80's trash.
    I remember that show. Rhonda Shear was the host back then.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    so there is this low budget found footage type horror movie on YouTube called Rorschach. It really actually freaked me out.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @elevenism Check out Hell House LLC. Found footage following organizers of a hauted house. Thought it was above average.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4267026/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I watched It Comes At Night yesterday and despite all of the stellar reviews and some comments of fellow horror fans online loving the movie, I just didn't like it. I felt moments that were meant to be tense came across as dull, none of the characters were very interesting, and I thought the film dragged on with very little payoff to show for it in the end. I found the dream sequences to be well done and creepy, but that's the only positive thing I can say about this film. I'm usually a big fan of slow burn horror where the focus is on the characters and their environment and where the struggle of isolation and paranoia eat away at them physically and emotionally, I loved The Witch last year and The Blackcoat's Daughter is my pick for best horror film of 2017 so far, but It Comes At Night, in my opinion, isn't something I'd recommend.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    I watched It Comes At Night yesterday and despite all of the stellar reviews and some comments of fellow horror fans online loving the movie, I just didn't like it. I felt moments that were meant to be tense came across as dull, none of the characters were very interesting, and I thought the film dragged on with very little payoff to show for it in the end. I found the dream sequences to be well done and creepy, but that's the only positive thing I can say about this film. I'm usually a big fan of slow burn horror where the focus is on the characters and their environment and where the struggle of isolation and paranoia eat away at them physically and emotionally, I loved The Witch last year and The Blackcoat's Daughter is my pick for best horror film of 2017 so far, but It Comes At Night, in my opinion, isn't something I'd recommend.
    Didn't The Blackcoat's Daughter come out in 2015 though?