Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    For those hitting a dry spell, here are a few titles I got recently but haven't watched yet. Not responsible for bad content!

The Sacrament
    Banshee Chapter
    I Spit On Your Grave 2
    banshee chapter COULD have been amazing. the theme was great. but the film disintegrated.

i am waiting for deliver us from evil

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    A few days ago, I watched Killer Legends from the director of Cropsey. It's a documentary about legends and their real-life counterparts. Not bad at all.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post

Jeepers Creepers
    is one of my favorites, yet strangely, I don't even own the DVD, so I'm looking forward to this Blu-ray release in September. I think I've only seen it once, back when it was first released for rent. It's far overdue for a second viewing.
    As for the sequel..... don't bother.
    I second that, the sequel was terrible, way to fuck up a potential franchise

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I got them all on DVD (only watched the first 4) but I will definitely be buying this when it comes out:

http://www.amazon.com/Saw-Complete-M...1&keywords=saw

7 films for 17.00 is a steal.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That's a very low price for the 'Saw' collection. I'll probably get it, even though I only like the first three. They increasingly get shittier and shittier with every entry (although Saw VI was better than IV and V) but I lost my original DVD of the first one so I might pick this up for the sake of having the entire series.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Watched Proxy last night. Slow-paced horror/thriller. Very Hitchcockian.
    Sometimes I was wondering what the hell I was watching. A bit too long as well.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Watched Children of The Corn. Been a while since my last viewing. I don't think it's aging very well. It's good but definitely doesn't have the same impact today.
    I remember that the second movie scared me a lot more than the first one. I should watch that one again.

Just finished All The Boys Love Mandy Lane. Aside from Amber Heard looking freaking hot (as usual), movie is pretty generic.
    Got around Banshee Chapter and I agree that it started out promising but fell apart as it moved forward.

A couple new releases worth mentioning:

Cabin Fever 3
    The Quiet Ones
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 08-15-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ravenous is crazy underrated. I love everything about it. The Damon Albarn score, the creepy wild west vibe, Robert Carlyle, the hilarious tongue in cheek script. Very much one of the best and most utterly unique horror films ever made.
    Last edited by nobies; 08-28-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobies View Post
    Ravenous is crazy underrated. I love everything about it. The Damon albarn score, the creepy wild west vibe, Robert Carlyle, the hilarious tongue in cheek script. Very much one of the best and most utterly unique horror films ever made.
    Actually never heard about this one. Added to watchlist. Thanks!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Red band trailer for Green Inferno (NSFW)

http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/...bal-holocaust/

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's a shame that so many of the horror movies that were meant to be out soon have had their release dates constantly pushed back. Green Inferno, the Poltergeist remake...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The girl running off with the leg was a hoot!

Just about to hold my breath and watch Creepshow!
    It's been ages since i last saw it.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    It's a shame that so many of the horror movies that were meant to be out soon have had their release dates constantly pushed back. Green Inferno, the Poltergeist remake...
    Yeah what's up with that? Just saw after my post that Open Road yanked the release of Green Inferno. Shame indeed!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Yeah what's up with that? Just saw after my post that Open Road yanked the release of Green Inferno. Shame indeed!
    Well, when you got a spiritual successor to Cannibal Holocaust in the pipeline to be screened, don't expect a smooth and proper release?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Trailer has been removed. BD page has been deleted. That was fast.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I finally got around to watching House of 1,000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects tonight and was pleasantly surprised.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I don't know if you guys have heard about this one. One of the best horror short I've seen.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I don't know if you guys have heard about this one. One of the best horror short I've seen.

Never heard of it. Interesting.

I pre-ordered this today for a massive steal price ($14.93 shipping included, MSRP is $24.99!!):

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I saw that movie for the first time a couple months ago. Great flick!
    Just finished watching Husk (kinda same theme). Decent movie from After Dark Films.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I saw that movie for the first time a couple months ago. Great flick!
    Just finished watching Husk (kinda same theme). Decent movie from After Dark Films.
    I assume you mean Pumpkinhead? If so, it's one of my favorites. Only watch Pumpkinhead II: Blood Wings if you want to see more of the character. It's not the best movie ever but it's not as shitty as people say either for a sequel.

Should I bother with Wrong Turn and Wrong Turn 2: Dead End, people?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Should I bother with Wrong Turn and Wrong Turn 2: Dead End, people?
    Wrong Turn I like. There are good tension scenes in it. Here's a bit of trivia that will make you wince in sympathy for Desmond Harrington if you watch it: at a point in the movie, his character is injured in one leg but during the filming, Harrington broke the ankle on his "good" leg, so he had to walk on a broken ankle for some times.

Wrong Turn 2 is absolutely atrocious. I only remembers it because Henry Rollins is in it and he was quite bad ass. I think. I'd still say skip it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Wrong Turn I like. There are good tension scenes in it. Here's a bit of trivia that will make you wince in sympathy for Desmond Harrington if you watch it: at a point in the movie, his character is injured in one leg but during the filming, Harrington broke the ankle on his "good" leg, so he had to walk on a broken ankle for some times.

Wrong Turn 2 is absolutely atrocious. I only remembers it because Henry Rollins is in it and he was quite bad ass. I think. I'd still say skip it.
    My one friend (who I've known since 6th grade and have been friends with for over 13 years) enjoys the first two films. I wanted a second opinion or two as he finds them good fun and I've always heard praise of the first and how surprisingly good the sequel was being a direct-to-video sequel. I'm also a fan of Rollins so it might sway me a bit to check it out more. I know full well to steer clear of 3, 4 and 5 as they're awful and get worse and worse.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    First Wrong Turn was pretty good imo.
    #2 was not as good but the third and fifth are the worst of the series. Part 4 was decent.
    Can you believe there making a sixth one.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Can you believe there making a sixth one.
    Yes, horror films are the worst film genre to get an endless amount of sequels.

I read about it but disregarded it in my post since it isn't out till October.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Zombie wants to make a Devil's Rejects prequel but Lionsgate owns the characters so he can't.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...equel-prequel/

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Zombie wants to make a Devil's Rejects prequel but Lionsgate owns the characters so he can't.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...equel-prequel/

Well fucking hell.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'd prefer a House of 1,000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects prequel didn't happen. The first one is a damn good horror movie and its sequel surpasses it in every way, ultimately being one of the best horror movies, and in my opinion, best films to come out of the last decade. It's been a steady decline for Rob Zombie's film career ever since. I'd prefer he not tarnish either one.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct94 View Post
    I'd prefer a House of 1,000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects prequel didn't happen. The first one is a damn good horror movie and its sequel surpasses it in every way, ultimately being one of the best horror movies, and in my opinion, best films to come out of the last decade. It's been a steady decline for Rob Zombie's film career ever since. I'd prefer he not tarnish either one.
    I absolute agree with everything except for the part about not making a prequel.
    This is where he shined the most. I believe a return to his original source of inspiration might be beneficial for him.

I remember having such high expectations for Lords of Salem and being so disappointed by the end result (especially after a promising trailer).

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I kind of liked Lords of Salem. I refer to it as his "Argento movie", but while he tries to recreate a classic Argento film, it comes off more like one of Argento's latest releases.

*remembers Mother of Tears and shudders*

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I'm only finding out now that Suspiria is the first of a trilogy?
    Guess I'll add Inferno and Mother of Tears to my watchlist.

For the record, I became more familiar with the horror genre in the early 90s. I'm catching up to 80s and 70s horror movies.