Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2266

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    god I hated Hereditary... at first, I felt mostly confused... and then I realized I couldn't scream out my objections to people who'd not seen it yet. I really just found it pretentious, mostly boring, unscary, and nowhere near as clever as it pretended to be.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    god I hated Hereditary... at first, I felt mostly confused... and then I realized I couldn't scream out my objections to people who'd not seen it yet. I really just found it pretentious, mostly boring, unscary, and nowhere near as clever as it pretended to be.
    my interest in certain old books pushed that one over the top for me.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just watched A Quiet Place with my folks. Loved it. Tension was real throughout. Movie didn't drag in length and kinda loved the way it ended. Solid 8 for me.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 08-27-2018 at 09:57 AM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Just watched A Quiet Place with my folks. Loved it. Tension was real throughout. Movie didn't drag in lenght and kinda loved the way it ended. Solid 8 for me.
    A Quiet Place seems to be a movie that non horror movie watchers are enjoying. My wife, who despises horror, asked me to pick up the 4k disk. She loved it. Trying to convince her to come with me to the Halloween Thursday premiere.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    A Quiet Place seems to be a movie that non horror movie watchers are enjoying. My wife, who despises horror, asked me to pick up the 4k disk. She loved it. Trying to convince her to come with me to the Halloween Thursday premiere.
    Yeah.. it is definitely more of a thriller with a touch of horror.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just finished Truth or Dare. It ended up not being as bad as I thought it would be. Nothing that will blow your mind but still mildly entertaining. 6/10

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Speaking of 'A Quiet Place', the sequel is officially set for May 15, 2020.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So for October gonna do the usual horror movie every day in the month starting on the 1st to the 31st.

Anyone interested in reading short quick non spoiler reviews for each film I watch of the month? It'll just be a copy and paste job of a thread I will have on another forum.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Hahahaha.
    Dude.
    Those are, hmm, how you say

Halloween is a whole different ballgame. You'll wind up sleeping in the dog house.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    if you want something that's more silly than scary but is extremely entertaining, check out The Mansion on netflix. it's a french film that satirizes horror tropes and also manages to be interesting rather than just stupid. so much fun.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    There is a captain marvel trailer coming in today. Yawn!

There is a new halloween trailer coming in today. I’ll be over there.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Oh man, I hope we get a mix of classic and new sounds from Carpenter. I did not know I needed the old school stingers in this movie till they added them in there.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

I’m starting a horror podcast with a couple of my friends (and my band does the theme music), and we’re recording the first 2-3 episodes tomorrow night (and releasing an episode every week, thereafter). If you’re interested, stay tuned for updates at:

www.theswearwolves.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheSwearwolves

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/TheSwearwolves/

Email: swearwolvespodcast@gmail.com

The first episode will likely be up in about a week.

We talk everything horror-related: movies, music, conventions, merch, video games, etc., and we’re totally open to suggestions via the channels above (and here).

Episode 1 will center on the Friday the 13th-inspired “Never Hike Alone,” with discussion around F13 video games, convention experiences with F13 actors, and a Freddy Vs Jason showdown of Funko’s novelty cereal of each franchise. Probably some other stuff, too.

If that sounds fun, please follow/join us.

David
    Last edited by caca; 09-17-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Watched Blood Fest last night. Started off great but lost some steam along the way. Still, it was a fun ride and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Solid 7/10.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Friend went to the premiere of Halloween last night, says it was unbelievable. I trust him...he told me there's maybe one too many twists (didn't spoil anything) and told me the beginning 'sort of dragged, but maybe only because I was so fucking pumped to get it going'...but says it's the best since the original.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    100% on that tomato site. So far I have seen only two negative tweets, but they seem to be those type of film snubs, you know that kind

Anyways, I can’t wait. Got my 4k disk of the original and the neca figure on preorder.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    So no one is excited about The Nun? It's coming out in a couple of weeks and it looks creepy as hell. Maybe I was the only one who was creeped out by her in The Conjuring 2. Stupid Catholic upbringing...
    Saw it last night, and it is definitely the least thought out, and most dumbed down entry in the Conjuring Universe to date. It has some good scares and neat settings, and the cast is great, but the story is meh...
    That said, I'm glad that horror movies can be big event movies and huge blockbusters, but this one cashed in on a lot of goodwill that was hard earned by the 2 Conjuring movies (and to a certain extent even the Anabelle movies)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Copped the target practice shirt.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    i have very mixed feelings about this. i'd prefer they didn't remake it but i guess if anyone's going to do it, peele is the one to do it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

I shamelessly plugged my horror podcast in my last post, but our first episode just hit, so it’s a real thing now... so... I’m gonna plug it one more time for anyone who may be interested.

We’re on iTunes as of a few hours ago:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...s/id1436418182

We’re also on Stitcher:
    https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=234538&refid=stpr

We should be on Spotify, Google Play, iHeartRadio, and Podbean any day now. We may very well be on there now, and I just haven’t received confirmation.

You can also stream our shows/subscribe at our website: www.theswearwolves.com

We discuss all things horror: movies, music, video games, tv shows, conventions, etc.

New episodes every Monday.

If you check us out:
    1) Thank you!
    2) I hope you dig it!

David
    Last edited by caca; 09-17-2018 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I love it!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just finished watching Slender Man.... Jesus Christ that sucked. I mean, I love the character and I think there is definitely some material to work with but they shit the bed with this one. Ugh ... 3/10.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    2 years later I finally watched The VVitch tonight. Quite an interesting premise and tackle on that dark time in Young America.

The approach to depict witchcraft and the paranoia involving it was well done. I commend the cinematography and entire final end sequence Spoiler: with the nude Thomasin wading into the forest to join the Coven as a new member. The entire levitation and laughter was ominous and unsettling. Love the imagery. So raw.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    2 years later I finally watched The VVitch tonight. Quite an interesting premise and tackle on that dark time in Young America.

The approach to depict witchcraft and the paranoia involving it was well done. I commend the cinematography and entire final end sequence Spoiler: with the nude Thomasin wading into the forest to join the Coven as a new member. The entire levitation and laughter was ominous and unsettling. Love the imagery. So raw.
    my favorite movie of the last few years

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Halloween was good. I give it a B+. Two things I disagree on, but overall it’s a good halloween movie.

If you are looking for something that will match the first or better than the first, leave that thought at the door. Those who didn’t like it kept comparing it to this one and I think that’s not fair to this movie.

Michael is finally scary again( and a little to evil, one kill stuck with me the whole movie; it was one of two things I didn’t like about the movie.)

Jaime was great as usual, but all the other actors were tun by the numbers. Score is great. Movie is short and things happen pretty quickly, movie could have used another 15-20 minutes to breathe.

If you are looking for a good horror slasher movie this Halloween season, it’s there. But like every other Halloween sequel, if you compare it to the first one, you will find yourself feeling satisfied but not fulfilled. If that makes any sense.

This movie has got some gore. So if you were planning to take a pre teen, please don’t. My theater had at least three families and I had to ask the dude next to me if I was in the right theater for Halloween.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Halloween was good. I give it a B+. Two things I disagree on, but overall it’s a good halloween movie.

If you are looking for something that will match the first or better than the first, leave that thought at the door. Those who didn’t like it kept comparing it to this one and I think that’s not fair to this movie.

Michael is finally scary again( and a little to evil, one kill stuck with me the whole movie; it was one of two things I didn’t like about the movie.)

Jaime was great as usual, but all the other actors were tun by the numbers. Score is great. Movie is short and things happen pretty quickly, movie could have used another 15-20 minutes to breathe.

If you are looking for a good horror slasher movie this Halloween season, it’s there. But like every other Halloween sequel, if you compare it to the first one, you will find yourself feeling satisfied but not fulfilled. If that makes any sense.

This movie has got some gore. So if you were planning to take a pre teen, please don’t. My theater had at least three families and I had to ask the dude next to me if I was in the right theater for Halloween.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing it Sunday.