Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Oh and sorry for double post, but i am so glad we have this thread, because i wouldn't know what horror movies to watch, because reviewers all give them bad ratings.
    The Devil Inside or Inside Me or whatever it was called...rotten tomatoes score was in the single digits.
    Same with apollo 18. The Hallow, @Deepvoid , is like 30 i think.
    Are these reviewers like "this is disgusting awful evil smut!"?

i just don't get it. and then a movie like It Follows gets this massive acclaim, and it's PRETTY good, but i could name 10 that i liked a hell of a lot better with less than 1/2 the acclaim that it received.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just watched the trailer for "Don't Breathe" which comes out in August. I'm kind of psyched about it! I LOVED what Fede Alvarez and Jane Levy did with Evil Dead. Just hate that we have to wait a few more months for it to get here.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    definitely pretty cool.
    I have like this very narrow style of horror that i'm into. (into which i am? lolol)
    i just flat out don't get anything from straight up someone is trying to kill someone else horror, at all.
    so as much as i adored occulus and absentia, hush doesn't sound like it's for me...
    what do you think?
    Hush is definitely more in the vein of The Strangers but with its own twist.
    No ghosts or anything supernatural.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    What do you guys think of this? I will definitely give this show a shot. Hopefully, it won't disappoint.

Last edited by Deepvoid; 05-17-2016 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Missing word

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @Deepvoid , oddly enough, i liked The Strangers.
    I watched it alone in the dark with a great big old fashioned tv turned up LOUD.
    I liked it because i kept THINKING it was going to turn out to be supernatural,
    but in the end, the banality and simplicity was revealed and it was utterly chilling.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Thoughts on 'The Witch'? Thinking of giving it a watch...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Thoughts on 'The Witch'? Thinking of giving it a watch...
    Haven't seen it yet but from what I've heard, it's a "loved it" or "hated it" reaction. No middle ground.

I plan on seeing it because it seems to be an atmospheric movie like The Haunting (the original) and I do love those.

For what it's worth.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    What do you guys think of this? I will definitely give this show a shot. Hopefully, it won't disappoint.

Looks bad. I don't think it'll be very good. It'll finish its season but I doubt it'll be renewed if it were to be more than a standalone mini-series type thing.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Haven't seen it yet but from what I've heard, it's a "loved it" or "hated it" reaction. No middle ground.

I plan on seeing it because it seems to be an atmospheric movie like The Haunting (the original) and I do love those.

For what it's worth.
    I hated it, it was not scary, the story was boring. The one positive thing I can say is the acting was very good, but to me the movie was extremely underwhelming.

Of course this is all my subjective opinion

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    "Hush", I liked this one, it took an old horror movie genre theme that I find kind of tired and over done, but they tweaked it and change it. I don't want to give away any spoilers but it was different in a good way. The pacing of the film moved along at a good rate. It is currently on netflix and worth a look.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Been a while since I've posted some quick reviews. Been rather slow in terms of new releases.
    So I caught on on some oldies.

The Wicker Man: Really liked this one. What a weird ass movie. These cult-type of people are scaring the crap out of me. A good 7/10 for this one.
    Pride Prejudice and Zombies: Had a hard time finishing that movie. Fell a sleep on it. Different twist on a zombie movie. It falls flat and is forgettable. 5/10.
    An American Terror: Bad. Bad. Bad. Did not finish it. Half the movie is taking place in some dark torture chamber. Can't see shit. Terrible editing. 3/10.

It's about time we get The Conjuring 2.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    https://horrorpack.com/?aic=2VW587C

If anyone is interested in getting this sub I will give a referral code to make the price drop a bit. I am about to subscribe to it I'm pretty sure.

P.S. If you get the blu-ray pack, it'll include a blu-ray that is exclusive and first time ever and only on blu-ray that won't be released elsewhere. That includes this month, unsure about future months.

This month is The Wolfman (2010 remake), Volumes of Blood, Digging Up the Marrow and Final Destination (last installment).
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-07-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 06-08-2016 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    In itself, it's a gorgeous house. And the Lutz story has been more of less debunked. It's still however a place where six people were brutally murdered.

As a buyer, my main concern would be how to protect my privacy (which is what I believe may be driving people out of the house more than the ghosts). But yes I would buy it. And I would invite all of you for a stay, of course!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I thought the witch was great.

The Forest was okay.

Has anyone seen The Darkness?

And finally, i am thinking of driving the 50 miles to the nearest movie theater to us to see The Conjuring 2.
    i can't...fucking...wait!
    And it's getting rave reviews!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    so i heard The Other Side of the Door is decent, and it has i THINK Sarah Wayne Callies from TWD and the Colony in it.
    i am about to watch it. @Deepvoid , it's on those sites that we don't visit

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    so i heard The Other Side of the Door is decent, and it has i THINK Sarah Wayne Callies from TWD and the Colony in it.
    i am about to watch it. @Deepvoid , it's on those sites that we don't visit
    Thanks for the tip. Might go catch The Conjuring too. It's rainy and cold here. Theater weather.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Might go catch The Conjuring too. It's rainy and cold here. Theater weather.
    ha, fuck that, rainy and cold HERE is stay inside the crib weather. i can' t IMAGINE what rainy and cold is like in Canada

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Finally, it's here and it looks pretty good!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Im looking forward to it, i just hope it's not another "Lords of Salem"...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    So, I'm late to the party but I finally saw The Witch (or The VVitch if you prefer). Completely not what I was expecting...

End movie spoilers:

Spoiler: The movie did very well in making the audience believe that the family was over-the-top zealots. Turns out the younger siblings were evil and had made a pact with the devil, who just happens to appear to them as a goat. There was the perfect amount of silence between Thomasin asking her question and the goat responding.

I don't see this being an in-between movie; you'll either really like it or really hate it.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Im looking forward to it, i just hope it's not another "Lords of Salem"...
    I got more of a "The Devil's rejects" vibe from the trailer. I do agree that Lords of Salem was a let down especially following a great trailer.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I liked Lords of Salem, it was different, more fantasy than horror (kinda like The Witch), I thought it had a nice vibe and great visuals.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Saw the conjuring 2,in a Dbox theater, yesterday and I wasn't blown away, kind of getting bored of James Wan's style.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    ...kind of getting bored of James Wan's style.
    I'm with you there. Personally, still waiting to see how Aquaman turns out.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I saw The Conjuring 2 and really loved it.

Normally horror films dealing with demons don't phase me, but there was something about the way Valak was portrayed as that nun-thing that really disturbed me.
    Last edited by Ryan; 06-16-2016 at 02:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The premiere of new CBS show Braindead staring Mary Elizabeth Winstead was pretty great! It seems like a rehash of Invasion of the Body Snatchers but set in Washington politics. It was picked up straight-to-series for 13 episodes. Hopefully the rest of the season is as good as the pilot.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Saw Conjuring 2 on a late night showing last night. Loved it, although it wasn't perfect...

I felt like the scary/non-scary scene ratio was off, put together there were maybe 5 minutes of screen time that wasn't part of a scare. It just never let up, one sequence to the next and to the next, scare, scare, scare, it was almost laughable at one point.

That said, it WAS a scary movie, I had a great time watching it, it was a great date movie.