Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by decadent View Post
    Has anyone seen The Babadook yet? I got very high expectations based on the trailer and it leaked couple of days ago.
    Watched it a few nights ago, extremely polished Australian film with some really outstanding performances. It's definately not your usual haunted house affair. I recommend it.

I also caught Extraterrestrial (Sci-Fi/Horror) which is yet another cabin in the woods style film. Surprisingly better than i expected if you don't take it seriously.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Stupid idea, but at least it's not a remake (or maybe it is just in disguise)
    Pretty sure it's meant as that; Barker said a few years ago that he was working on a reboot and the URL even refers to it as that. It seems bad in pretty much every way.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anyone else a serious collector of horror franchises? i have 31 variations of the evil dead films on dvd/bluray and 38 variations of the 'romero films' + related. I should have picked a cheaper hobby..

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The Devil Rides Out: Outstanding. The kind of film I wish were longer.
    Re-Animator: Good, but not as great as some people like to claim it to be. I would have preferred to see more of the experiments rather than the love drama.
    Braindead: HOLY FUCKING SHIT. This is honestly the first time in a long time I've bursted out laughing loudly to a horror comedy. Everything is so insane. Like watching Evil Dead II for the first time again.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Watched a few movies during the weekend. Nothing that blew my mind.

Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist
    Inner Demons
    Beneath

Can't wait until some big titles to be released. Tired of all those crappy movies.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i tried to watch v/h/s and i couldn't do it. i saw the first segment (i guess) and it made me feel gross. i'm glad that woman/demon got vindication, but it ... just no.

i stopped 'the last house on the left' for the same reason.

gonna go shower now.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I've always felt that Event Horizon was very underrated as both sci fi and horror. That is all.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    okay. my squeamish husband kept watching and said i should watch the rest because "the rape stuff is over, you'll like this ..."

holy fuck. i haven't been this scared by a movie in a long time.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    I've always felt that Event Horizon was very underrated as both sci fi and horror. That is all.
    I always hated it because it felt like a very dumbed down version of a much scarier and smarter sci-fi/horror movie. But that's probably just me and my imagination going wild with the original concept.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I friggin LOVED Grave Encounters. I'll agree that the 2nd one wasn't great, but I think it's still better than some horror flics.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Watched 'Tusk' tonight, as walrus/body horror films go, it's fuckin' rediculous. Can't believe that Kevin Smith got a certain A-lister to be a part of it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just bought the VIP ticket to meet Robert Englund in London next July. Apparently it's the "final time" he'll ever wear the makeup again. I AM GOING TO SOB.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Haven't had the chance to watch a lot of movies lately.

Was about to catch up this weekend. Watched Motel Hell, which was entertaining.
    Also watched, The Poughkeepsie Tapes, Ravenous (not really horror), At The Devil's Door.
    All of them decent movies.

I did get As Above, So Below but haven't watched it yet. My expectations are high for this one.

**edit**

Add Zombeavers to the list above. Surprisingly alright. It had its moment. Some bits had me laughing. Granted I was really tired when I watched it.

Black Sheep remains my favorite in the same genre. The fart scene remains up there in the top fart scene of all time.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 12-15-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Gonna have a Clive Barker night with my friend tomorrow.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Where is Candyman? u_u

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Where is Candyman? u_u
    Trying to watch movies I hadn't seen (sans Hellraiser) to see if they justify being bought.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Trying to watch movies I hadn't seen (sans Hellraiser) to see if they justify being bought.
    Fair enough, Cartman Brah

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

This movie looks so fucking stupid and I'd watch it. "Slash their prices and cut their inventory." How cheesy.

I love the 1:00 mark when he gets hit into the boxes, he literally levitates over 3 feet.
    Me and a friend downloaded it and watched it at his place today. It was pretty terrible. Dumb twist at end was kinda an "okay moment."

Wasn't the worst movie I ever seen but I'd never buy it or rewatch voluntarily.

Spoiler: Decent kills and had some incredibly nasty gore. However the motivations of the killer were paper thin and made no sense whatsoever so it kinda teetered into "killing for the hell of it for no reason." And for him doing it for the reason he was, he certainly did the work of serial killers by dismembering them hellishly as opposed to just killing them with one whack or stab as most "motivation" killers do. This guy was fucked up entirely.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Oh man, I love Intruder. Super cheesy fun.

Saw Starry Eyes and Housebound recently. I'd recommend both. Starry Eyes builds up to a nasty conclusion and has an excellent soundtrack too. Think Goblin meets Carpenter. Housebound is way less serious but still worth the watch.
    Last edited by Swykk; 12-28-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Haven't had the chance to watch a lot of movies lately.

Was about to catch up this weekend. Watched Motel Hell, which was entertaining.
    Also watched, The Poughkeepsie Tapes, Ravenous (not really horror), At The Devil's Door.
    All of them decent movies.

I did get As Above, So Below but haven't watched it yet. My expectations are high for this one.

**edit**

Add Zombeavers to the list above. Surprisingly alright. It had its moment. Some bits had me laughing. Granted I was really tired when I watched it.

Black Sheep remains my favorite in the same genre. The fart scene remains up there in the top fart scene of all time.
    as above so below...i had high hopes to...alchemy and such....
    but for me it was painfully bad.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Yessssss.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    as above so below...i had high hopes to...alchemy and such....
    but for me it was painfully bad.
    I agree it was a big disappointment.
    It kinda reminded me of The Tunnel, which I thought was better.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 01-03-2015 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just bought two new blu rays:

Species
    Killer Klowns From Outer Space

Lets have some fun!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Got the Alien Anthology set along with Prometheus on blu-ray for 21 dollars the other day with Prime shipping, hell of a deal. Absolutely gorgeous set, too, really wonderfully packaged together, and considering that, along with Prometheus, I got the entire franchise at around 4 dollars a piece is beyond a steal. Cannot wait to finally dive into it, and am really thrilled to see the Assembly cut of Alien 3 that so many people have said make it a substantially better film.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    Watched 'Tusk' tonight, as walrus/body horror films go, it's fuckin' rediculous. Can't believe that Kevin Smith got a certain A-lister to be a part of it.
    Really? I thinks it's a lot of fun, and looking forward to his horror trilogy.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i spend a LOT of time looking for horror movies, but i only REALLY get into the ghosty supernatural type stuff.

The Babadook was great, @decadent .
    There was one i missed but watched recently called May from 03 or so, a horror comedy thing, which i don't usually like, but i dug this one. It helped that it had like four breeders songs in it, and the rest of the soundtrack was made up of other bands that sound like the breeders.

Another one i missed and saw recently is The Bay. I thought it was fucking AWESOME.

I watched Annabelle the other night...it was passable.

I just got 7500 and Nothing Left to Fear, as well as A Good Marriage and Housebound. I hope at least one of them is good. I'm really not holding my breath for A Good Marriage though. I'm a Stephen King fanatic...i've read every book he's ever released, but the movies are generally awful, with The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, Secret Window and Stand By Me being notable exceptions.

What horror movies are you guys looking forward to this year?
    New installments of Insidious and Paranormal Activity are coming soon, and for me, you can't hardly miss with those.
    The Poltergeist remake has potential.
    But i am most excited about The Conjuring 2.
    The Conjuring is with out a doubt, the scariest fucking thing i have ever seen, and i have really high hopes for the second one, especially because Wan is directing again.

Oh, by the way, has anyone seen La Casa Del Fin De Tiempos/The House at the End of Time? I've read rave reviews, but i can't find the fucking thing anywhere. I actually got a copy, but the sound is so fucked up as to render it essentially unwatchable.

So...Enter the Void?
    I'll check it out.

Since i'm writing this long ass post, i'm going to go ahead and mention that Session 9 is probably the worst movie i've ever seen.
    The acting and cinematography were terrible, and it barely even made fucking sense.
    Skip that one.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Since i'm writing this long ass post, i'm going to go ahead and mention that Session 9 is probably the worst movie i've ever seen.
    The acting and cinematography were terrible, and it barely even made fucking sense.
    Skip that one.
    What??? I respect your opinion my friend but I'm afraid I'll have to respectfully disagree with it. I love Session 9!

In case someone is interested, the iTunes store (that evil entity) has a podcast called Public Domain Movie. As the title says, it's full of movies you can freely download and/or watch. In the horror category, they have Silent Night, Bloody Night (1972), Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (1920), Isle of the Snake People (1971; the synopsis for this one is "Evils scientists run a veritable army of LSD crazed zombies. It's a must watch!), Vampyr (1932). King of the Zombies (1941), The Forgotten (1973), Horror Express (1972), The Ghoul (1933) and the classic The Cabinet of Dr Caligari (1920).

There's also a lot of silly horror films that are great to laugh to. And there's other kind of movies too like that other great classic Battleship Potemkin (1925) which is considered one of the greatest film of all times.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    SERIOUSLY @marodi ?! ?!

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Case 39 or 6 souls or something?

I respect your opinion too, but...wow! Are you sure we're talking about the same flick?

BTW, i DID love GOTG. I am groot!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Isn't The Conjuring 2 set for 2016?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Isn't The Conjuring 2 set for 2016?
    i thought it was this year, but just the fact that it is going to come out at all, and the fact that james wan is directing, make me very happy.

I watched La Casa Del Fin De Los Tiempos last night and it was fucking amazing.
    It was really hard to find, though, and the subs weren't translated perfectly.
    But it's one of the best horror movies i've seen in a while.