Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the longest and farthest distance you have traveled to see Nine Inch Nails?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    About 3,500 miles each way. Went from Boston to Paris (twice), Amsterdam (3 times), Los Angeles (3 times), and then 30+ shows over the years here in the Northeast

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    About 350 miles for NIN (Sioux Falls to St. Paul, for Tension and Fragility back in the day. It was like 200 or so down to Council Bluffs during LITS), but I drove almost 600 miles to Milwaukee from Sioux Falls to see Ministry back in 2003. WELL WELL worth it!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Whenever they hit Toronto and not Montreal, I take a road trip by bus, usually about 5 hours between each city.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    4992 miles (air): Wave Goodbye club tour, 2009. I somehow got tickets to all 10 venues. But I missed the two shows in Chicago because I got the "NINflu" in NYC. Spent the whole time in Chicago in my hotel room bed.

2587 miles (driving): Tension tour. I took two weeks to travel with my friend from France. Home/Montreal/Toronto/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Boston/Uncasville/Brooklyn/D.C./University Park/home (We skipped Detroit. I had the NiNflu again...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sydney a few times, 1400km each way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    About fifty miles. Wimpy, I know.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    204 miles, from Leesburg to West Palm Beach Florida. Not a long distance compared to what a lot of other people have gone, but definitely far for myself and quite the drive to sit through.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Boston to London !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1100 miles from Santa Barbara, CA to The Gorge in WA state.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    580 kilometers (or 360 miles, an almost six-hour drive in each direction) from Toronto to Grand Rapids, Michigan. But @Dingerz was driving, and she's way more hardcore about doing this, haha. Just a few days before that I went solo to Kanata, Ontario, which is about two thirds as far, but kind of in the opposite direction. Both shows were on the same tour: Lights in the Sky Over North America, second leg, with Boris opening. I was just out of school, underemployed, and had a lot of free time. Ah, memories!

Also did Cleveland in 2005, which is about the same driving distance, but that was part of a longer trip with other stuff planned on either side of the show... had a good time, but I was basically using the sightseeing as an excuse to get a lift and see NIN/QotSA/Autolux.
    Last edited by botley; 05-18-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Over the span of three weeks, I went to three separate shows for the Tension Tour

St. Louis (10/1/13) - 300 miles
    Cleveland (10/5/13) - 390 miles
    Nashville (10/22/13) - 510 miles

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    From my hometown Halle in East Germany.

2007 & 2009
    Berlin 150 km (93 miles)

Nürburgring 377 km (234 miles)

Right before the EU-tour started I moved to Bochum to live my nin-addicted gf and we managed to visit 3 gigs.

London 507 km (314 miles)
    Amsterdam 187 km (116 miles)
    Antwerpen 197 km (122 miles)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    104 Miles Belfast > Dublin 2007
    480 Miles Belfast> London o2 2014

London show was boss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    vienna (austria) -> philly
    4308 miles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not too far. From Atlanta to Charlotte. However because of a massive fuck-up with NIN VIP tickets at the Atlanta NINJA show, NIN management gave quite a few of us amazing seats, put everyone on a bus to get there, let us watch the mic check, and treated us to a meet and greet to get things signed. It was an awesome night! Their management was amazing!
    Last edited by screammacabre; 12-27-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    325 miles to see them in Los Angeles, during their last tour.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Lansing, Michigan to..

-Atlanta 2000 for a joint trip that also involved seeing The Cure a couple days prior.
    - And Coachella 2005 but planned on going regardless of NIN being on the lineup that year. Was just a really nice bonus.

All my other shows have been in state (except Toledo 2008 but that doesn't really count)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    5078 miles from Honolulu to Boston

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screammacabre View Post
    Not too far. From Atlanta to Charlotte. However because of a massive fuck-up with NIN VIP tickets at the Atlanta NINJA show, NIN management gave quite a few of us amazing seats, put everyone on a bus to get there, let us watch the mic check, and treated us to a meet and greet to get things signed. It was an awesome night! Their management was amazing!
    I was there too. I didn't ride the bus. We had a blast. That sound check was amazing.

ETA: i went from atlanta to denver (1200 miles) in 2008 to see them at Red Rocks. I had 4th row thanks to nin.com presale.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Almost 2,000 miles driven over night from Kirksville Mo to Indio Cali for Coachella 05 with a stop over in the grand canyon.

Everything sold out so quick for the club tour, my friends and I felt we had no choice. What a beautiful decision it was. We bought with teeth at a best buy on the way home and didn't stop listening until we took the keys from the jeep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Driven from San Francisco to LA twice (wave goodbye and tension). About 330 miles. Super worth it both times (I love visiting la anyway).

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    1,104 miles from Chicago to Red Rocks. Life changing. Would do that again in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Went from SoCal to Vegas in 2013 for both nights at the Hard Rock Hotel and then back to Vegas in 2014 at Planet Hollywood. I've also seen them in LA, Chula Vista, San Diego, Anaheim & Irvine(all about 15 minutes to 90 minutes away from me)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Melbourne Australia to Dublin Ireland

I was living out there and coincided a trip home with their gig in Marley Park. There was no way I was missing a rare Irish performance.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'll cheat a little bit on this one. In 2005, I was in Switzerland for work, but I decided to extend my stay for the Greenfield Festival in Interlaken (June 24th, 2005). So technically, the distance was 4,000 Miles (from Princeton, NJ). The performance got cancelled day-of when "Die Toten Hosen's" stage props destroyed all of NIN's guitars during a thunderstorm.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I've only seen NIN six times, unfortunately (I will never understand how people can afford to follow a band around the country and see them like 10 times on one tour) so mine isn't too impressive. However, the last time they toured, I caught the St. Paul, MN show, flew out to Portland, OR to attend that show with a friend who lives there, and then planned a vacation in Chicago around the Tinley Park date, so I saw them three times in the course of a year.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    I'll cheat a little bit on this one. In 2005, I was in Switzerland for work, but I decided to extend my stay for the Greenfield Festival in Interlaken (June 24th, 2005). So technically, the distance was 4,000 Miles (from Princeton, NJ). The performance got cancelled day-of when "Die Toten Hosen's" stage props destroyed all of NIN's guitars during a thunderstorm.
    NIN really don't have much luck at European festivals do they? That really sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For me it was going from LA to Fresno in 2005 for the kick off of the With Teeth tour. It was totally worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    SF to Tokyo for the Fuji Rock Festival in 2013. First show after Wave Goodbye. Got to hear Copy of A before Hesitation Marks was even out yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've travelled to New Zealand from Australia for a few tours now. Plan on doing it again, once they come back out to this neck of the woods.

Last time my friend (who came over to Australia for shows, then I went back with her) and I went from Auckland to Wellington and then on to Christchurch. Heaps of flights, missing flights also...but it was worth it!