Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What's the longest and farthest distance you have traveled to see Nine Inch Nails?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    From Belgium to Singapore in 2009.
    Two hours drive to Eindhoven, flight to London, 8 hrs wait, flight to Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), flight to Singapore.
    Took me 28 hrs, it was the cheapest way

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Drove from Seattle to Bakersfield for the show this week. Left Seattle at 9pm Tuesday, drove straight through and got to Bakersfield around noon on Wednesday. Left Thursday morning around 7:30am and got back to Seattle at 10:30pm. Lots of car time (1050ish miles each way), but was on the rail, almost dead center, and it was a great show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quite a lot. When they came here in Brazil, I had to fly 1100 Miles from my city to São Paulo. Then I went to Berlin, Cardiff, London and Barcelona for the following 2014 tour. Hopefully next year they'll do an UK Tour again so I might see if I can go to every gig, as they've played Somewhat Damaged in the only concert I didn't catch.
    Last edited by augustobt; 07-24-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I live in a Minneapolis suburb and I have seen them of course here, WI, and IA. I have also seen them in L.A., Winnipeg, Vegas, New Jersey, and New York. I try to find the places where they are playing numerous shows close together so I can see more than one during a vacation.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    From Costa Rica to Italy in 2007 and then to USA in 2008 and 2009.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodora View Post
    Winnipeg
    Woo-Hoo, Winnipeg! LOL.
    I'm unfortunate to have to call that my home town. Least I don't live there anymore though.
    Problem with Winnipeg is, I get this urge to go back every couple of years, but once I do and spend more than 2 days, I've had my Winnipeg fill and can't wait to get out and I'm good for a few more years again.

What show in Winnipeg did you see? Was it the 2005 one from the [With_Teeth] tour? I remember there were some guys in the spiral meet & greet/soundcheck that came up from Minneapolis for that show. That was probably one of my highlight NIN moments, was attending that M&G and getting to meet TR. Guess I can't hate on Winnipeg too much then!

Furthest for me would be Vancouver to Chicago for Lollapalooza 2013, which according to google is: 1773 miles / 2853.37 km is the flight distance between these two places
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-25-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    late night bonnaroo 09 but to be honest i traveled there bc phish were playing late night.

getting NIN late night that year as well was an excellent bonus

i was extremely fortunate to see NIN 5 times that year.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    San Diego to Toronto in 2005

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Longest, not sure if it counts but some Spiraler's n myself went show hopping catching back to back shows in chain on the west coast WA,OR,CA,NV Witha Teetha i thinka

Flew Oregon to Atlantic City NJ (furthest)

with hopes of popping my passport's cherry next yr.
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-25-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I've flown from MSP (Minneapolis, MN) to PDX (Portland, OR) see see them, but I have a few friends that live out there and planned my visit around the tour. I flew out to Chicago to see the NIN|SG tour in 2014 and I'm driving down to Chicago again this September for RiotFest. All of the other times were in Minneapolis or St. Paul though.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 07-25-2017 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bakersfield to San Jose to pick up my cousin then up to Sacramento for the show in 2008?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Nothing too crazy, 14 hour drive once or twice to Vancouver, made a weekend out of it. The rest of the trips were only a few hours drive to the next province or nearby city. That's fun stuff, and I hope to get the chance to do it more Edit: I've seen NIN 9 times so far and only 3 of those times were in my city, it's been a lot of great memories road tripping to other places to see them live, some great winter storms we had to pass through in the mountains as well. All well worth it!
    Last edited by Sandy Phimester; 07-25-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I've seen NIN 6 times: Minneapolis in 2000, St. Paul in 2005, Minneapolis in 2008, St. Paul in 2013, Portland in 2013, and Tinley Park (Chicago) in 2014. My 7th time will be Chicago (RiotFest) this year and if they announce a full blown tour in 2018, I'll probably catch two shows on that tour as well.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Curious, to everyone in the US: have you gone to multiple NIN shows but never seen them in your home state? I can't be the only one. 15 shows, 0 in NY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Staring at the sea, will she come?

too easy
    That is the exact song on my stereo right now....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's see. Furthest was LA from MN(almost 2k miles driving), followed by Winnipeg (1k miles). Longest was following from Wisconson to Idaho to Nebraska. Nebraska was brutal and by far my favorite show. Rail on every concert, and Nebraska left my whole chest and stomach a bruised mess. Shortest of course minneapolis and St Paul shows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Plenty of local shows with the highlight being the Downward Spiral in its entirety at Webster but furthest was going from NYC/CT to Brixton Academy Year Zero show in London.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My furthest was going from the UK to Las Vegas in 2008 for a NIN 'lights in the sky' show and a mini holiday. I remember it snowed when I was there which was kinda weird.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    In my 17 years of show going, I have never wanted to see any band as much as NIN. I saw them 6 months ago and will have seen them 6 times by the end of July 2018. I am from Ohio and I'm going to Europe for vacation and stopping through Paris, Amsterdam and Berlin. Was always planning to do the Berlin show (my cousin lives there) and NIN will be in Paris when I am so it works out. I'm so excited.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I hear you @iamclassic . I've seen NIN so many times over the years but I am just so, so excited to finally see them outside the U.S. Berlin show can't come fast enough.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The trip is still yet to come... but It's in the planning phase currently. So, come June 20th, the furthest I would have traveled for NIN will be this European vacation.
    So far I have tickets for London on June 22nd and Paris for June 25th.

Vancouver to London distance is 7,573 km.
    Vancouver to Paris is 7,916 km

These will be shows #19 and 20 for me.
    I must be out of my mind!

It is historically proven that Europe always gets the best songs/setlists so.... Don't let me down TR!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    don't forget to add the mileage of your Paris -> Vegas -> Vancouver detour

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I’ve kind of been all over the area I live in (Los Angeles). Vegas several times and once in Mountain View, ca.
    The farthest was actually Los Angeles to Paris in 2007. It was kind of a joke with my friends but ended up going and it was a wonderful experience.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Going to be traveling around 2.5k miles in a few months for NIN, that'll be my record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I drove from Dallas to San Diego to see NIN at Soma 5/30/2005!!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Kansas City lol

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Dallas Tx to Amsterdam next month.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Curious, to everyone in the US: have you gone to multiple NIN shows but never seen them in your home state? I can't be the only one. 15 shows, 0 in NY.
    Where do you live in NY?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Where do you live in NY?
    South of Buffalo, toward the PA boarder.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    South of Buffalo, toward the PA boarder.
    Oh ok, I was gonna say - not even at MSG?