Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Fuck me. (No, seriously.)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Okay, so, this is going to sound arrogant but the reason I'm not getting laid at this stage of my life is a combination of a lot of health problems and my libido having been kinda out the window. If those weren't the case, I can usually tell when people are attracted (and there are cute folks in my life who think I'm pretty) and I know I could if I wanted to (and honestly that's the case for most people, that we could get laid if we wanted to, we're usually just not willing to compromise).

That said, figuring out like... how to tell someone you're attracted to them, how to notice when someone is, that shit took me about 28 years to figure out.

And, I'm still not great about the former in a lot of situations but I've been figuring it out, and I think there are like two tactics that work:

1. Be complementary with ABSOLUTELY NO INDICATION THAT YOU WANT RECIPROCATION. Like, "oh, well you're gorgeous" and then keep the conversation moving/don't leave a window for that to become a topic, at least at first. This is the smooth thing that I should do more often.

2. Just be incredibly transparent. I've told girls I've gone out with "I have no idea if someone is interested in me unless they tell me they want to make out" or whatever. I've asked "Is this flirting?" because there are still confusing people. Played right, it's honest. Don't go "want to get dinner" go "would you want to go on a date, dinner?"

I've historically asked like pretty much every person if I could kiss them for the first time before I did. Because consent is cool. And it's sexier than asking after the fact.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Also one of the sexiest things about Chidi is how corruptible he is. Someone's gonna go for that if the rest of your shit is together.