Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: NIN Confessions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When I just started listening to NIN back in 06 or 07 as a teenager. I read about them in a music book in the library and remember reading about the song Big Man With A Gun. I heard Head Like A Hole when I was out with my family boating and said I think this is Big Man With A Gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymly View Post
    When I just started listening to NIN back in 06 or 07 as a teenager
    I don’t know why, but this always catches me off guard. That people just started listening in 07. I remember snagging broken and TDS from my dads cd collection back in like, 96

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched most of the Broken movie with my eyes closed. I didn't want to go back to it for a long time, but I'm sure I'll revisit it...eventually.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I don’t know why, but this always catches me off guard. That people just started listening in 07. I remember snagging broken and TDS from my dads cd collection back in like, 96

Hah I started listening in 2013 back when I was still in middle school. Good times...

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Hah I started listening in 2013 back when I was still in middle school. Good times...
    Oh god 2013 was 5 years ago

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Oh god 2013 was 5 years ago
    Post-2010 years feel very close but oh shit we're closer to 2020

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    don't sweat it I'm over 50 and still listen to NIn probably listen to them on a daily basis still pre order albums were i first saw NIN dosen't even exist anymore.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I started to get into them around 2001 when Deep was released on the radio when I was 14. I had always known about the band, but I started to just get REALLY into them around that time frame and by And All That Could Have Been's release in 2002 I was obsessed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've probably said this before, but my introduction was the Year Zero ARG. My only knowledge of NIN's music came from the tracks related to the ARG (Survivalism and My Violent Heart) and the copy of With Teeth I bought on a whim around the same time. I thought I had a handle on what this cool rock band was all about. I thought I "got" them.

As you may remember, Beside You In Time came out around that time, so obviously I bought it because it was linked to the ARG I was slowly becoming obsessed with.

15 minutes into that DVD I realised I had no fucking idea who this band was, but I was ready to take the ride.

Came for the Year Zero ARG, stayed for the NIN.

Been my absolute favourite artist for the last eleven years.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    As you may remember, Beside You In Time came out around that time, so obviously I bought it because it was linked to the ARG I was slowly becoming obsessed with.

15 minutes into that DVD I realised I had no fucking idea who this band was, but I was ready to take the ride.

That DVD/BRD still looks and sounds amazing to this day. Absolutely love it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    That DVD/BRD still looks and sounds amazing to this day. Absolutely love it.
    I lost my original copy in one of the three moves I did between 2011-2014. I don't know when exactly, but I went and ordered another copy as soon as I noticed because that show was my gateway and massively important to me.

Fortunately, even 9 years later, it was still a reasonable price. Something I hadn't come to expect when it came to NIN's catalogue.

Edit: 2007 to 2014 was not 9 years. My point still stands.

Last edited by GavinCollins420; 06-27-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    I lost my original copy in one of the three moves I did between 2011-2014. I don't know when exactly, but I went and ordered another copy as soon as I noticed because that show was my gateway and massively important to me.

Fortunately, even 9 years later, it was still a reasonable price. Something I hadn't come to expect when it came to NIN's catalogue.

I lost or damaged my original DVD (canít exactly remember) as well, and bought the BRD after that. Itís available on iTunes if one needs to go that route.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, I should probably get that Blu-Ray before it's too late. Beside You In Time is, like, one of the only DVDs I still own.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It might have been because I was severely hungover at the time, but when I first heard “Burning Bright (Field On Fire),” my initial reaction was:

I have grown to really like the song. I do still wish some of the verses were a little easier to understand.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've probably said this before, but my introduction was the Year Zero ARG. My only knowledge of NIN's music came from the tracks related to the ARG (Survivalism and My Violent Heart) and the copy of With Teeth I bought on a whim around the same time. I thought I had a handle on what this cool rock band was all about. I thought I "got" them.

Been my absolute favourite artist for the last eleven years.

If I got into NIN during the ARG, I don't know if I'd ever be impressed by anything ever again. I'd be constantly looking for a new band to impress me on that level, and it'd never happen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    If I got into NIN during the ARG, I don't know if I'd ever be impressed by anything ever again. I'd be constantly looking for a new band to impress me on that level, and it'd never happen.
    Why do you think they're my number one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Confession 1: 12 year old me bulk-torrented every single NIN album I could get my hands on from Limewire (2004 lol). Testing this new music out on the way to school the next day, I randomly selected March of the Pigs, and the false ending made me jump so hard I fell off my bike. That's karma!

Confession 2: I didn't realise Broken existed until 2014

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Post-2010 years feel very close but oh shit we're closer to 2020
    Yeah, I realized the other day that I saw NIN during the tour for With Teeth....which was released over ten years ago.

Holy crap I feel old now. And I was just a freshman in college during that tour. I "grew up" listening to NIN but PHM was released just a couple of years after I was born. My aunt (who lived with us) liked that album when it came out, and I thought she was cool so I liked everything she liked. It's weird to realize that I've been listening to a band almost my entire life and Trent is STILL releasing quality music. I get a weird sense of pride from that. None of the bands my parents listened to had a lifespan that long, except for Bowie all their other faves had a ten-year run at best before they broke up or started releasing garbage or overdosed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Confession: Not the biggest fan of The Fragile. I admit I have to give it another shot, but there are other NIN albums I like way more.