Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: NIN Confessions

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    The second time was after listening to “And All That Could Have Been” immediately after being dumped.
    Bit late, but yeah, holy shit. Never ever listen to this song after a break-up. If I hadn't been out walking at the time, I would've broken down completely. Such a powerful song.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The Downward Spiral and With_Teeth were the first albums ever I listened to fully, it taught me that music can be much more than a background noise, nowadays I focus on music and music alone thanks to experience TDS provided me with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The second time was after listening to “And All That Could Have Been” immediately after being dumped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Bit late, but yeah, holy shit. Never ever listen to this song after a break-up.
    Same goes for Something I Can Never Have. Unless you like wallowing in your sorrow, like I apparently did when I was a teenager.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, that one too. I haven't even dared listening to that song this time around!

Down In It, Gave Up, She's Gone Away and Burning Bright (Field on Fire) all work fairly well for that sort of thing, though.
    Last edited by Fred; 09-28-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I REALLY wouldn't want to listen to "She's Gone Away" after a break-up, so, in other words, I would.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I thought the visuals for this tour were rather weak. However that’s what happens when you put NIN out of their element. They’re an arena band. Despite that, still in my Top 5 shows I’ve seen with NIN.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Trent Reznor and Hope Sandoval have always been my two absolute favorite musicians of all time, but Trent is nowhere close to Hope when it comes to singing.

Compositionally, he trumps her, no question. But as far as singing goes, she's king of the mountain. It's too bad they'll never collaborate. That would be to fucking die for..

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    As much as i like Trent's voice, i don't think it's employed enough, i wish he could develop his singing more.
    But now it's more the question of "what if" rather than "when"... valuable time is lost, it should've been pre-fragile, maybe pre-withteeth. nowadays as he gets older and older all he can improve is digital filters.
    In fact, i'd love to see a release made completely using synthetic vocals.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    That prehistoric Eyes Without A Face clip has some of his best singing ever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Are you referring to this?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @sonic_discord
    thank you for that link. i had never seen/heard that one before...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    @sonic_discord
    thank you for that link. i had never seen/heard that one before...
    Nor have I. To think once I heard a lot, there's a whole new thing

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I hope someone discovers a video of a whole set one day

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @WorzelG
    likewise...
    i shared this link, as inspiration, with my teenage son who has been toying with the idea of starting a band with some of his buddies..
    he thought it was pretty cool.

@BenAkenobi
    and

@fillow
    i hear what you are both saying about TR vocal and this treasure trove of a singing moment.
    i shared in a convo not too long ago about TR vocals; this was definitely a different sound and feel, adding to a newer rounded vocal appreciation.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    In the last 2-3 weeks, I’ve listened to “Suck” approximetely 17 times. It’s slowly making its way into my top 20 NIN tracks.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    A confession: I was a member of The Spiral... illegally.

Someone I met online in another NIN fan community (that's long gone by now) made an account for me using most likely a stolen credit card. I was young and didn't care much.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    In the last 2-3 weeks, I’ve listened to “Suck” approximetely 17 times. It’s slowly making its way into my top 20 NIN tracks.

Ah yes. There is something about Trent’s whisperings of doing “terrible things to you” that just…. well it pulls on the ol’ heartstrings, doesn’t it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I never noticed that “The Frail” was what was being played in the middle of “The Fragile” until I read about it on ninwiki.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I never noticed that “The Frail” was what was being played in the middle of “The Fragile” until I read about it on ninwiki.
    I didn't notice it at first either, and it took me listening to the Still version of "The Fragile" to realize that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was in love with Trent until 2009. I bought every single one of NIN's albums. I was crushed when Trent got married. I thought, Why couldn't it have been me? I plunged head first into a bout of depression that lasted for months. There I said it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    You were depressed that you couldn't marry a man that you had no personal relationship with in the first place?