Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2014.06.11 - Prague, Czech Republic @ The Forum

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2014.06.11 - Prague, Czech Republic @ The Forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fantastic venue, fantastic audience, fantastic show.
    A couple of technical hiccups in the mix but GOSH! what an energy.
    Pretty much the standard setlist but including Terrible Lie, Burn, Reptile. Was hoping for Eraser… baahhh…
    Trent was in good mood and thanked the audience a couple of times, introduced the band and said stg like he likes Prague very much and it's one of his favorite cities in Europe (good choice) and that for next tour, instead of driving around europe, it would be better to do 20 nights here.
    I can only agree.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I think this night really was something else.

Audience was absolutely nuts and Trent loved it. He was enjoying it from first to last song. At some point he thanked us after pretty much every song. He even gave pretty amazing speech how he love Prague and how it would be great if instead of touring all European cities everybody just come to Prague to see them play. I know he probably say this in more cities, but somehow it sound genuine. I haven't seen Trent in such a good mood maybe. Ever?

Everything was just perfect. Even the new building which was literally opened just today was amazing. Great sound, working air conditioning, nice place overall.

I have no idea what the setlist was since it was such hell from start to finish I couldn't keep up of what song is playing right now.

But it was long setlist. Usually they play 90 minutes, tonight it was ať least 1hour 45minutes.

tl;dr Best concert of my life and I don't see how anything could possibly top this experience
    Last edited by telee.kom; 06-11-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    great show, good sound, air condition working (before concert was air outside like in Vietnam).
    my favorite: piggy, gave up, burn, sanctified, reptile and tdtwwa (only one song from fragile this night)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The trains coming to Prague from east were having quite big delays yesterday (e.g. 150 minutes), so we arrived juuust in time before the start of the show. Nice place, acceptable temperature, most importantly - quite good sound, not completely stupid audience (e.g. recording with phones not all the time). Very nice lights effects, even in this stripped down version. As with every concert I attend, I would prefer skipping the "greatest hits", but that is OK and expected. I was surprised that it really ended after Hurt, felt somewhat short, time was passing quickly. :-) (I would love to hear Hurt someday live with the people being silent.) Hesitation songs seemed to work OK with the audience (even though I do not really get why Disappointed is being played, not really live material for me). I would sooo love to hear the last three song sequence (four including Black Noise) from Hesitation Marks, e.g. In Two would have to be killer. Not complaining, satistied. :-)
    Last edited by Substance242; 06-12-2014 at 04:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome show, I saw NIN for the second time. The venue was completely new, it was the first event happening there, and I think finishing it in time was a success. I think this place was a better choice than the bigger O₂ arena, which was only occupied from 1/3 or 1/2 at 2009 Wave Goodbye tour. Anyway, even the 3000 capacity of The Forum was not completely sold out. Both the band and the audience seemed to be enjoying it, however the people were sometimes too wild for my taste: Hurt and especially Find My Way would do better without the clapping. The support band was okay, a little monotone, but quite enjoyable. I bought the "3D logo" t-shirt and left the venue contented.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked the show as a show very much, although it was a bit of a massacre during MOTP, as expected
    But the setlist completely missed my taste, apart from some classics (terrible lie, HLAH, MOTP..) the songs selected were not among my favourites. Hesitation especially stung, because all the songs played were my least favourite of all (especially Find my Way and overplayed Came Back Haunted).
    And only one Fragile song...my favourite album, sigh.
    From Hesitation I would love to hear Various Methods of Escape and I would for you, my favourites...maybe next time (I doubt it)

The venue was ok, pretty close to main trainstation, and the show ended at the right time that we managed to not miss the train, which was great. 5 years ago we missed it by like 2 minutes and had to wait 5 hours for next one over the night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What a show lots of downward spiral stuff. Just like the 20 years ago when nin played first time in Prague. Seems like the band enjoyed the show a lot. The crowd certainly did! I loved Ilans drumming, he is some crazy drummer (piggy was a great example), reminded me of chris vrenna. The great destroyer ali and trent jam was incredible too i think this tours compact lineup was perfect. I did miss robin finck in past years. Lets do to 20 gigs in prague asap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bylo to dokonalý, doufám že co priste bude v Praze těch 20 koncertů co Trent slíbil :-) A tady jsou nějaký fotkyhttps://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.813615421981814.1073742153.332010566808971& type=1 a

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The last one in Europe, I was kinda sad at the end of the show... still be, sometimes.
    It was an energetic and beautiful concert. Hope Nine Inch Nails will come back live sometime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Pure awesomeness all around. And Alessandro's tech guy was throwing his audio cassettes and other stuff at us after the show ended, too bad I was too far away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was the best concert I have ever been to, I doubt some other bands can top that!
    Amazing setlist, great crowd and the guys were so into it and really enjoying it.

I met some really cool people in the line, who made the waiting really interesting to me. I had a great time on the rail in front of Robin and left the show with two guitar picks.

Last edited by Anne.; 07-13-2014 at 12:15 PM.