Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: 2014.05.28 - Antwerp, Belgium @ Lotto Arena

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2014.05.28 - Antwerp, Belgium @ Lotto Arena

Antwerp, Belgium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tonight we got The Beginning of the End, Reptile, Survivalism and HCB/Beside You in Time, so going two nights in a row worked perfectly for me. I was on Alessandro's side this time where the crowd was a bit calmer, but after the madness of yesterday I enjoyed it that way.

Sound was good, surprisingly they made it work in this arena. Only The Warning had something strange going on with Robin's guitar only coming through on the right side of the venue. We on the left just heared some echoes of it.

Sadly that was it for me, brilliant two days! Here's my copy of the setlist: http://instagram.com/p/ojuOqDI-Xp/#

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    There were a lot of Americans in the front of the stage. Who were you? Where do you get the money to follow NIN, what motivates you?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I wasn't supposed to go but we decided to drive all the way from Prague early yesterday morning, as a surprise last minute birthday gift from my girlfriend

So I shot a few songs with my Blackmagic Camera : Me I'm Not, March of the Pigs, Reptile, The Great Destroyer, Beside You In Time and TDTWWA!

Will post everything once I get back from Europe, along with my Stockholm footage and anything I can get tonight in Paris!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Venue was not great. Felt weird to get checked in and out every time you go to the loo, main bar etc. Having said that, staff was surprisingly friendly (especially for Antwerp).
    NIN live are a war machine, no doubt. Maybe it is me but I thought it was a bit too 'mechanical this time. Was happy to hear many songs I had never heard before (TGD, the warning, beside you in time, sanctified...) And I have to say the visuals were astonishing. Different NIN experience, some good and not good things. A very nice evening in the end but yesterday won't make my NIN top 3 list. Maybe I'm getting grumpy with age ;-).
    Oh! And a very special mention to the Dutch girl at the merch booth who was uber friendly and nice. Thank you so much

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Watched the show center/center. Sound was awful, mixing was a disaster: several times no Robin guitar, several time no Alex keyboards. Shame. Venue was very depressing.
    Fortunately setlist was completely different from the Amsterdam gig. Light show from that view was awesome!

Overall the worst show for me of the quatro (Luxembourg - London - A'dam - Antwerp).

Edit: my highlight was for sure: TGD. It went on and on and on. Trent/Alex couldn't stop freaking out! Loved it!
    Last edited by witte; 05-29-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From where I was (centre, 20 meters from the stage) the sound was not so bad, I loved the whole show and the audience was really into it (but I don't have many experience as it was my first NIN live).

My only wrong feeling is that I'm not sure that "Me, I'm not " is the best way to open a concert, "Copy of A" or "Somewhat Damaged" would seem more accurate (but it is my personal point of view only).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This was the third time that I saw NIN live, so I don't have that much comparison as most people here.
    But I really loved this show.
    I was in the front row, slightly to the right (in front of Ilan). Very happy with that, because I have a soft spot for Ilan, and I think he is an amazing musician.

I guess the sound was ok there. I didn't notice anything weird. Seen quite some shows in this venue,and it can be different. (I was in the second row during the Atoms For Peace concert here, and I could barely hear Flea playing the bass).

More important, the feeling and the atmosphere for me were really great. I was completely blown away and I must admit that I lost myself a bit. And yes, that's what I'm looking for in a good concert (NIN or others).
    The painful neck and the sore throat are the proof .

Highlights for me were Sanctified (I always loved that song, I think is was my first introduction to Nin in 1990. and the new arrangement is awesome), The Great Destroyer, loved to hear Reptile. Very happy with Find My Way, but I would havepreferred Various Methods of Escape or All Time Low.
    What the heck, I just loved the whole show.

Yes, I'm addicted.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    There were a lot of Americans in the front of the stage. Who were you? Where do you get the money to follow NIN, what motivates you?
    There was one American, one Canadian, two English, one Scottish. Later there were some Dutch and French but no Belgians for a while.

JSYK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The local press was suitably impressed: glowing reviews all over.

Have to agree with them: the lightshow was fantastic and front row was a riot.
    I've seen the band less tired in the past though... Nothing will ever beat the show they put on in the AB (Brussels) in 2007, mere weeks before the release of Year Zero.

Nonetheless: great show, and the fans in front were really into it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    There was one American, one Canadian, two English, one Scottish. Later there were some Dutch and French but no Belgians for a while.

JSYK.
    hm, Front centre were Belgian though.. Me and a few friends were and we heard around us only Belgians talking. The moshpit and afterparty were also at least 90% locals, cause i knew 'em. Also heard English talking, maybe that was you

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pukkelpop View Post
    hm, Front centre were Belgian though.. Me and a few friends were and we heard around us only Belgians talking. The moshpit and afterparty were also at least 90% locals, cause i knew 'em. Also heard English talking, maybe that was you
    What I quoted was front centre, on the barrier.

*flicks hair*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The security guy from the venue, that was standing right in front of my friend and me, told us that we were the only flemish speaking people in the front row.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was alone so did not really talk much, but I'm Dutch and was at the barrier on Alessandro's side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At the beginning of the concert I was surrounded by dead people somewhere in the middle. They just stood there blinded by the lights so to speak. During Copy of A I thought 'screw this' and muscled my way to the front, inbetween Trent and Robin. Got there just as Marc of The Pigs kicked in and everyone started jumping around and having a blast.

There is nothing like a nine inch nails gig..

Was too busy having a great evening to talk much to other fans. What I did notice was their female fans being a hell of lot prettier than your average crowd.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)